46 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

33rd Street line ... all the way to Newark. 

I have always wondered if there was some restriction by NJ Transit on this. It seems eminently reasonable.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think it is easiest just to take NJ Transit and walk from Newark.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I have always wondered if there was some restriction by NJ Transit on this. It seems eminently reasonable.

Ive always been curious about this myself. Perhaps its just ignorance, but Ive thought of no explanation other than NJ Transit blocking it for whatever rhyme or reason.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Gah, coming from BK there were times when I got to/from the stadium in under an hour. The 6th Ave / Hoboken run feels a lot longer, even though it's probably only 15 minutes.

Ferry will be nice on warm weather days though.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Zurich

Zurich

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
As a Brooklyn based fan, this is a disaster. It will add at least 30 minutes each way. Just subbing in the ferry will probably take significantly more time than just going up to the 33rd street line, because you have to factor the decently long walk of exiting the occulus/Brookfield place, waiting for the ferry, the ferry not being as fast as the PATH, and then walking back downstairs when you get to Exchange Place (and probably waiting again).

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York

https://mobile.twitt...erp|twgr^author

This is going to decimate attendance for those who are coming from the city.

The club needs to step in and provide some kind of express bus service from Manhattan to the games. Or something.

Would love buses from MH to the stadium and back on game days. I think this is a great idea.

take the NJT from Penn into Newark Penn.  Then take the free schoolbus that RBNY provides from Penn to the arena (or better yet, walk).

The ferry would be cool for majority of the year though - quick, scenic trip.

Never knew about the school bus thing! I always walked.

As a Brooklyn based fan, this is a disaster. It will add at least 30 minutes each way. Just subbing in the ferry will probably take significantly more time than just going up to the 33rd street line, because you have to factor the decently long walk of exiting the occulus/Brookfield place, waiting for the ferry, the ferry not being as fast as the PATH, and then walking back downstairs when you get to Exchange Place (and probably waiting again).

Maybe the Brooklyn based RB fans should get a fb group going or something, and split a van there and back or something. In the past I've bought tickets and bus packages from Upper 90, I think, it was great, the bus would leave from Atlantic Center area, then drop off there after the game. Very convenient for me.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Hopefully, PATH will have on weekends separate Journal Square direct and Hoboken service a la weekdays, to eliminate the Hoboken stop going to JS. I doubt this will happen.  I work by Penn and do the NJT to Newark now as some have suggested... excuse to grab a pop at Bello's too.

Sucks this is happening right when they finally have/will get the new stations done, which seem quite nice, and the commute in would normally be more pleasant.

But, hey -- no more having to cross the Frank and thus having to walk all the fucking way to Riverbend Drive (<-- I had to look that up despite walking it for 9 years) which is nice... finally.  

Excellence Not Expectations

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Hopefully, PATH will have on weekends separate Journal Square direct and Hoboken service a la weekdays, to eliminate the Hoboken stop going to JS. I doubt this will happen.  

The current plan they have released does not do this; it maintains the existing weekend pattern. 

Never knew about the school bus thing! I always walked.

From what I've seen it can be pretty slow when traffic is bad. I've gone through Newark Penn countless times and always just walk.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Sucks.

But overall I'm very happy with the transformation around the stadium. The new half of the PATH station looks great. Also, the Mulburry Commons is being built at Newark Penn and should be nice.  Also there's finally been progress on demolishing the warehouse and building parking garages. I'm really curious/excited to see what the area around the stadium looks like in a few years. Will be quite the transformation since 2010.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
No progress on the Portal Bridge:
https://www.nj.com/t...other-blow.html
I wish Sen. Lautenberg had spent the same effort getting this bridge and the new tunnel built, as he expended on the Secaucus Junction station that bears his name.
I would rather see a Lautenberg Bridge or a Lautenberg Tunnel today.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
Currently in the middle of the now 30 minute longer PATH trip. The next two seasons are going to be fucking brutal.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Nightmare. Over 2 hours for what is an already torturous 1.5 hour trip. Subway construction didn't help but mostly PATH's fault.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Yes losing my seats and direct path train route is really making this season less appetizing...

Hoping we can at least make it home in under 2.5 hours

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Where were you guys coming from? What borough?

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
Brooklyn for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users