224 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

If there's one game that will get the stadium close to full this year, this is it. It's also one of our three home games on national TV (FS1) so hopefully tarps off? Tarps were on vs Atl and Galaxy so maybe not.

Would also be helpful if the north side of the stadium is mostly left for NYC fans rather than have them all over.

All the tarped off sections are not listed for sale currently. Not looking good. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If there's one game that will get the stadium close to full this year, this is it. It's also one of our three home games on national TV (FS1) so hopefully tarps off? Tarps were on vs Atl and Galaxy so maybe not.

Would also be helpful if the north side of the stadium is mostly left for NYC fans rather than have them all over.

They may have to let people buy tickets wherever they want, but they should definitely enforce the "no opposing team colors outside of the visiting supporters section" rule.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,516 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

do not believe you could sell this stadium out every weekend, even if you hired the best marketers

Why not an occasional full house, for fireworks night or DC or BoyCity? US Women did it, AFAIK on a low budget and short notice, to a bunch of soccer moms and their pre-pubescent daughters.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts

All the tarped off sections are not listed for sale currently. Not looking good. 

When do we expect that big stadium naming rights deal and sports book lounge area to be finished up?     Gotta be maybe 60 - 90 days at this point.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Funny that all the empty seats not tarped off will be blue, not red. Gotta get the Red Bull logo at midfield to pop for the TV audience.

2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

They may have to let people buy tickets wherever they want, but they should definitely enforce the "no opposing team colors outside of the visiting supporters section" rule.

Is that an actual rule or wishful thinking? Don't see how you enforce it. Make people throw away the shirts they are wearing? Ask/make them to take clothes off and pack them (in bags they are not allowed to bring in)?

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

We've never had a problem keeping it a pro-Metro crowd for games against Plastic City. Most of them won't travel "all the way" to NJ to support their club.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

We've never had a problem keeping it a pro-Metro crowd for games against Plastic City. Most of them won't travel "all the way" to NJ to support their club.

I used to have seats in 218 until last season - NYCFC have had the majority of the second tier of the "North Ward" (217-219) in addition to the 220 visiting section at all of their MLS games at RBA (they traveled poorly for the USOC game... we won 4-0 so a good decision), spilling into the corner sections. Now, most of those seats are tarped off and everyone  will have to find new locations.

It's going to be a pro-Metro crowd overall, but there are still usually thousands of NYC fans making the trip, which doesn't really happen for any other away teams at RBA. Some advance planning by the FO is in order. Removing the tarps is one good option. Doing nothing and hoping for the best... isn't.

Reducing the capacity by 3-5k+ may actually result in a full stadium on Sunday... in the worst game for it. The two sets of fans don't like each other, and there will be plenty of people drinking all day in advance. It's a recipe for disaster.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts

Is that an actual rule or wishful thinking? Don't see how you enforce it. Make people throw away the shirts they are wearing? Ask/make them to take clothes off and pack them (in bags they are not allowed to bring in)?

Virtually everywhere in the world outside of MLS it is a standard practice, strictly enforced.   Change your shirt, or you leave.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts

I used to have seats in 218 until last season - NYCFC have had the majority of the second tier of the "North Ward" (217-219) in addition to the 220 visiting section at all of their MLS games at RBA (they traveled poorly for the USOC game... we won 4-0 so a good decision), spilling into the corner sections. Now, most of those seats are tarped off and everyone  will have to find new locations.

It's going to be a pro-Metro crowd overall, but there are still usually thousands of NYC fans making the trip, which doesn't really happen for any other away teams at RBA. Some advance planning by the FO is in order. Removing the tarps is one good option. Doing nothing and hoping for the best... isn't.

Reducing the capacity by 3-5k+ may actually result in a full stadium on Sunday... in the worst game for it. The two sets of fans don't like each other, and there will be plenty of people drinking all day in advance. It's a recipe for disaster.

It will be a pro RB crowd, of course, but having pockets of Boy City douchebags scattered around STH's harsh's the buzz and invites trouble.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,516 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Some advance planning by the FO is in order.

Consider how all other best-laid plans have gang aglay.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm also in the camp that we were never getting real arena updates besides the scoreboard. There's no reason not to announce these things unless you're full of shit and aren't doing them. Regular season is over in like 3 months lol

The attendance for every nycfc vs red bulls game has been less and less for each regular season game. Even more so for the games at Yankee stadium where the drop offs are really noticeable.

Red Bull claims all the games were sold out so no reason to post the figures but anyone that was actually at the games in 2017 and 2018 know they weren't legit sold out.

These numbers show a bigger drop off and I'm expecting under 30k for the August game. I personally hate going there and I haven't gone back since 2016 and I never plan to go back unless it's a knockout game.

Yankee Stadium
June 2015 - 48,047
May 2016 - 37,858
July 2016 - 33,613
August 2017 - 33,679
July 2018 - 30,027
August 2018 - 30,139

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Tampa Bay in the NHL has done this before, though it was only in certain sections...

https://www.washingt...arent-thrilled/

"Wickett said theres never been a clothing restriction in place during the regular season, and that if fans with tickets to one of the luxury seats arrived wearing black and gold gear during the playoffs, the team would offer them a neutral-colored T-shirt to wear instead."

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Come on now. People can wear whatever they want to the game. Imagine going to the Plastic Pitch and having Yankees security tell you can't wear red into the game... If they want to increase the away ticket allotment so they are all in the same place, that's a better idea.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Virtually everywhere in the world outside of MLS it is a standard practice, strictly enforced.   Change your shirt, or you leave.

Come on, that's just not true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users