DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

That is a rant!

stole a pair! 

Thinking about the game all day - for sure!   Documentary says they were doing the same thing kids self organizing, going to the courts etc.

We did this a bit ourselves but harder when more spreadout.  

When coaching a few years ago I read/heard some ideas about starting practice with pick up or end with pick up.  Kids ask - what are the rules.  I told them ITS YOUR GAME - make up the rules but everyone needs to agree.

Kid looked stunned but then like it

as far as forgetting cleats and shinguards - 

I kept extra shinguards to give out because I know how it is to be disorganized as a kid. 

But at some point kid needs to learn no shinguards no game.  

As far as all this talk about forgetting shin guards.  In Kearny you were mocked if you WORE shinguards and didn't push your socks down as far as they go.  I don't recall if shingaurds were required in games (late 70's early 80;s) but definietly a no-no in kearny practices.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,535 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

As far as all this talk about forgetting shin guards.  In Kearny you were mocked if you WORE shinguards and didn't push your socks down as far as they go.  I don't recall if shingaurds were required in games (late 70's early 80;s) but definietly a no-no in kearny practices.

refs always checked them and the the material of your cleats....  coaches also required them fr practice, but you would never wear them for pick up games

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

refs always checked them and the the material of your cleats....  coaches also required them fr practice, but you would never wear them for pick up games

I remember in high school the kearny guys would put cardboard in lieu of shingaurds in their socks. Refs would check at the building, then during the game they would chuck the cardboard out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users