Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

speedy was signed to RBNYII, not eligible to play for the senior team. same for all the RBNYII signees. they are not under MLS contract. if they ball out, and kick ass, they could possibly be signed for the senior team next season. however, not sure how that will occur with respect to MLS guidelines (which change hourly)

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

speedy was signed to RBNYII, not eligible to play for the senior team. same for all the RBNYII signees. they are not under MLS contract. if they ball out, and kick ass, they could possibly be signed for the senior team next season. however, not sure how that will occur with respect to MLS guidelines (which change hourly)

Other teams can file discovery claims on your non-former Academy USL players. So long as another team hasn't filed a discovery claim, it's all good.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Other teams can file discovery claims on your non-former Academy USL players. So long as another team hasn't filed a discovery claim, it's all good.

Grr. That stinks.

Seems like a dick move and a not helpful part of the USL/MLS process for an MLS team making the investment in running a USL team at a loss. I could see that working a bit like a restricted free-agent, where NY had right of first refusal to match an MLS contract. So, at the end of the year NY offers a USL deal at $ 45k for the following year. Chicago offers an MLS deal at $ 56k, NY then has the right to match, or let him walk. That seems fair. Having them just up & discover a player you are trying to bring along, seems like typical MLS bullshit.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Grr. That stinks.

Seems like a dick move and a not helpful part of the USL/MLS process for an MLS team making the investment in running a USL team at a loss. I could see that working a bit like a restricted free-agent, where NY had right of first refusal to match an MLS contract. So, at the end of the year NY offers a USL deal at $ 45k for the following year. Chicago offers an MLS deal at $ 56k, NY then has the right to match, or let him walk. That seems fair. Having them just up & discover a player you are trying to bring along, seems like typical MLS bullshit.

But... But... But how is that fair to Robert Kraft who doesn't want to pay for a USL team? The league must protect those who retard its growth.

There was a great post on ASN and it flat out said that MLS and American soccer is waiting for Kraft to die so the league can grow. How absurd is that?

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

not absurd at all.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

But... But... But how is that fair to Robert Kraft who doesn't want to pay for a USL team? The league must protect those who retard its growth.

There was a great post on ASN and it flat out said that MLS and American soccer is waiting for Kraft to die so the league can grow. How absurd is that?

Couldn't rbny just have a discovery claim on guys on the usl team that might be good enough for mls?

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Couldn't rbny just have a discovery claim on guys on the usl team that might be good enough for mls?

Don't think those claims are unlimited.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
At what point do we start waiting for RB to die so that it stops retarding our growth? Hadn't been an issue until this year. It is now an issue.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

LA Houston

LA became the first team to bring in a player on loan from their USL club, slotting in left back Dave Romney and forward Ari Lassiter into the team. Lassiter, son of MLS great Roy Lassiter, came on in the second half and forced a leaping save out of Deric in the 85th minute.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

LA Houston
LA became the first team to bring in a player on loan from their USL club, slotting in left back Dave Romney and forward Ari Lassiter into the team. Lassiter, son of MLS great Roy Lassiter, came on in the second half and forced a leaping save out of Deric in the 85th minute.

Looks like Houston put the brakes on LA.

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros
http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=41919

Bonomo signed to USL team

MichaelMejido

MichaelMejido

Reserve Team