1903 replies to this topic

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

That was Baggio like from Bradley. Wooooooooooooof.

lol yea that was the first thing I thought when I saw that. Baggio. Man, what a legacy.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I enjoyed seeing Toronto and more importantly Bradley lose so much and the maple leafs got bounced tonight in game 7. The whole city up there is miserable tonight haha

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Bradley is Finkle. Finkle is Bradley?!

Laces out Mikey!

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Didn't watch but sounds like Toronto lost. Fuck them

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I predicted TFC losing on PKs on twitter. I also predicted that TFC would be down to 10men, thinking the ref would CONCACAF TFC. He actually did when he let that Chivas player punch Giovinco from 10 ft away. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
So Toronto should fire Greg vanney?... lol

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Marsch's system isn't great against bunkering teams.  You need players that can give you that pass, that shot.  By not playing Kaku more, Marsch may have left that pass on the bench.  By playing BWP as a CAM, Marsch may have taken that shot off the foot of one of MLS's all-time best strikers.

This is going to be the theme for this season...

Will Marsch find the right player to make that final pass and actually put him on the field when a goal is desperately needed?!?!?!

Right now I don't think NY have that person yet.. Unless someone steps up or they add another player
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Glad to see TFC lose. Insult to injury is they have dug themselves a hole in MLS and have no trophy to show for it. Good stuff.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Honestly, fuck Toronto. Also fuck MB90 and Jozy.  I was always a big booster of the former (particularly when everybody was yelling "nepotism"), but his response to the WC Qualification failure and then running his mouth non-stop has made me dislike him. Glad he fucked up last night. Jozy is such a primadonna.

Until this last game, most of Kakus minutes have been with the B squad, the B squad just happens to have a lot of minutes so far. Once Marsch started giving Veron some real minutes last season, we started to see decent results from him.

That said, I dont think Marsch plans to bury Kaku the way he did Veron - hes clearly higher on this new signing. I just thought it was an interesting parallel. In our last three playoff exits against Columbus, Montreal, Toronto, Marsch threw Veron into the second legs after his starters-that-fit-the-system-better not only didnt score, but also gave up goals.

Kaku>Veron. Plus he fits better with BWP. Doesnt mean Marsch didn't leave a valuable asset on the bench for long stretches of the last few seasons and then asked Veron to save his ass late in the postseasons.

I kind of follow, but I am uncomfortable with jumping to conclusions on how Marsch views Kaku in such a limited period of time. First of all, Kaku didn't have a pre-season with us. Second, from everything Marsch has been saying in practice to those awesome behind the scenes videos, RBNY is super-high on Kaku, and more importantly, scouted him extensively. They knew what they were getting, and that's what we got from what we've seen. I don't think the point is "fits better with BWP." I think it's "fits better with how we want to play and we are comfortable with him."  Third, I really believe that RBNY didn't do their homework on Veron's game, and it took a while before they finally started him higher up the pitch, and deployed him properly. Veron regularly crushed it in CCL and US Open Cup, playoffs, etc when he was higher up the field.  But Veron in a deeper position isn't as effective. Which is why I wish Marsch tried the 4-3-3 at some point. Finally, don't forget Marsch was rolling out week in week out the petulant/spoiled child that is Sacha. I think he is fine with rolling out super offensive players. 

Hate the comparisons between Kaku and Veron.  Kaku is actually good.  Veron didn't get to a solid level until his last season here.  Veron hasn't been a regular starter his entire career, no matter where he's been.

Kaku will be a regular starter.  Marsch wanted to build him up.  Coaches in every sport do it and fans in each of those sports bitch about it.  It's hard to know who's right.  

Veron was criminally underused last season. His xG+xA/90 stats were in the top ten in the league. His metrics for being involved in passes leading to chances were also in the top echelons of the league. It's stupid that he was a spot starter and super-sub. He was also our best performer in CCL. Also we are going to miss him this season because while Rivas is a decent player, he ain't no Veron. BWP is not getting any younger.  

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I thought the guy that really blew it was Delgado in the 90th minute.  That pass from Giovinco was perfect.  It was a miss that reminded me of Cahill vs NE in the conference final. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

So Toronto should fire Greg vanney?... lol

There probably is a thread on a TFC board.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Very, very satisfying to see TFC not only lose, but do so in such heartbreaking fashion. As an added bonus, they sacrificed league play only to come up trophy-less. They currently have the lowest point total and lowest PPG in the league. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

You guys should mute the Toronto hate in light of the recent tragedy up there.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

You guys should mute the Toronto hate in light of the recent tragedy up there.

Toronto the city is different than TFC.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Not all was lost. We won the CONCACAF Champion's League Fair Play Award! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users