37 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Dax was better and we kept him through his prime years.

Dax was acquired, not HG.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The only guys from that u21 team that has a career is luis gil (barely) and will trapp.

This is a prime example why i think US soccer does a terrible job in iding talent. And its not like sean davis was an unknown kid. He was with rbny.

Deciding to accelerate your development in MLS rather than signing for Arsenal under Wenger was one of the stupidest decisions Ive seen in 15-years.

US Youth soccer is incredibly political, its disgusting.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

lol average MLS starter on 2 SS shield winning teams and plays a sport for a living while we post about it 

as was said if he played straight out of high school he probably be playing in Europe now but got a degree and plays a sport for a living so worked out.

Also plays out of position as he is more of an 8.  

TBF, every average MLS role player plays a sport for a living while we post about it, but they are still just average MLS role players.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts

Deciding to accelerate your development in MLS rather than signing for Arsenal under Wenger was one of the stupidest decisions Ive seen in 15-years.

US Youth soccer is incredibly political, its disgusting.

You'd think a kid growing up literally under the nose of Tab Ramos would have been given every opportunity, but apparently, according to neighbors of theirs I know well, Sean's parents disliked Tab and refused to suck up sufficiently.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

You'd think a kid growing up literally under the nose of Tab Ramos would have been given every opportunity, but apparently, according to neighbors of theirs I know well, Sean's parents disliked Tab and refused to suck up sufficiently.

I live right by there and played indoor at Tabs until he sold it this past year.

You have no idea the politics of youth soccer. Its literally sickening.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

The only guys from that u21 team that has a career is luis gil (barely) and will trapp.

From which team, the 2013 U-20 World Cup squad? Two senior national team starters (Yedlin and Steffen) were on that team, so what you said isn't even close to true. Not to mention Kellyn Acosta as well as Stanko, who was a starter for Cincinnati last year - that's not exactly someone lacking a "career."

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Apparently only 1 in 4 U17 USYNT players make the senior team per Doyle
Would have thought U21 would be better hit rate but shows there are all paths to development. 
See A Long for misses by everybody except us. 

i understand the 1-4 ratio but some of these guys arent even playing at the MLS level. I see this as a huge miss by us soccer on iding and developing soccer players.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

From which team, the 2013 U-20 World Cup squad? Two senior national team starters (Yedlin and Steffen) were on that team, so what you said isn't even close to true. Not to mention Kellyn Acosta as well as Stanko, who was a starter for Cincinnati last year - that's not exactly someone lacking a "career."

i was talking abt the midfield. Obviously, sean davis doesnt play gk or rb.

Also, Stanko did not look good for cincy.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Sean Davis was a serviceable MLS central mid up until last season. Not sure if he was nursing an injury or what, but it looked like he lost about 3 steps last season. Was constantly late to challenges and 50-50 balls. Looked like he was running through mud relative to his other midfield teammates.

I can forgive the sideways passes since maybe that's what armas asked of him. But on a team with a 2 man central mid where you're expected to be a monster on both sides of the ball, Davis was decidedly sub par last year.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts

Sean Davis was a serviceable MLS central mid up until last season. Not sure if he was nursing an injury or what, but it looked like he lost about 3 steps last season. Was constantly late to challenges and 50-50 balls. Looked like he was running through mud relative to his other midfield teammates.

I can forgive the sideways passes since maybe that's what armas asked of him. But on a team with a 2 man central mid where you're expected to be a monster on both sides of the ball, Davis was decidedly sub par last year.

I know stats don't tell everything, but statistically, looking at tackles and interceptions and passing and the rest, he was actually better (marginally) than Casseres, across the board.  He doesn't have that bursty speed that helps on the eye test, but he's a better player than he gets credit for (why I make the Henderson comparison).

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I like Sean, but the quality of his play seemed to drop off poorly in 2019....at least from my view in the stands. Constant turnover machine.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts

I like Sean, but the quality of his play seemed to drop off poorly in 2019....at least from my view in the stands. Constant turnover machine.

The entire team dropped off

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Giants3b

Giants3b

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:laying in the dirt
  • Supports:San Francisco Giants

This is going to be a take against the grain. Should Sean find himself part of a recurring trio of him, Kaku, and CCJ he will shine. Sean needs a covering destroyer for him to be potent to transition into the attack and smartly clog passing lanes. Should CCJ continue to progress, Sean will look like his old self.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i have no prob with Davis as the #3 CDM, behind Casseres and someone brought in. he still has a role to play on this team, what with unforeseen injuries/suspensions.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, whoever the 3rd number 6 is will play a ton of minutes.  Happens every year.

What I do want to see is Armas show the willingness to play CCJ over Rza and Davis.  Because that's what should happen. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users