121 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Columbus is selected because it's furthest from Mexican poplulations in a state that is predominantly white and in a stadium that can limit the crowd size.

Columbus is >40% non-white, and the largest percentage of latinos there are Mexican.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Taxi is taking free kicks and corners for Jamaica.  Would like to see him get some over Sacha.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Neither did Acosta, seemed to be a theme in the midfield. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he did it for them in 2015 Copa America.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Neither did Acosta, seemed to be a theme in the midfield. 

Out-tactic'ed

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Nice assist by Kemar to Mattocks.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

Columbus is >40% non-white, and the largest percentage of latinos there are Mexican.

The state of Ohio is one of the few in the union that has become whiter. Using one city's statistics, a city with a small population, isn't comparable.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

The state of Ohio is one of the few in the union that has become whiter. Using one city's statistics, a city with a small population, isn't comparable.

Read a little bit. You might learn something!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio
Ohio has become less white, declining from 87.8% in 1990 to 81.1% in 2010. There are 172,500 native-born Mexicans in the state, mostly in Columbus & Toledo, the highest number of foreign-born residents.

Columbus itself is the 14th-largest city in the country! With an estimated population of 860,000, in a metro area of 2 million, it's second largest in the Midwest, after Chicago.
It's white population increased by 700 people between censuses, while the latino population increased by 250%, to 44,000, a majority of whom are Mexican. 82% of newcomers to Columbus are foreign-born.
https://en.m.wikiped.../Columbus,_Ohio

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Anyone else following the Flourent Malouda/French Guiana fiasco? Despite being specifically told he is ineligible to play in the tournament he is in the starting lineup tonight vs Honduras. This effectively means the result is a 3-0 Honduras win and the game is irrelevant. CONCACAF is a complete joke in allowing their tournament to be turned into a total joke. Why can't they just say "you can't play" and when he comes onto the field kick him off it?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Anyone else following the Flourent Malouda/French Guiana fiasco? Despite being specifically told he is ineligible to play in the tournament he is in the starting lineup tonight vs Honduras. This effectively means the result is a 3-0 Honduras win and the game is irrelevant. CONCACAF is a complete joke in allowing their tournament to be turned into a total joke. Why can't they just say "you can't play" and when he comes onto the field kick him off it?

United Airlines tried that and it worked out really well.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

United Airlines tried that and it worked out really well.

I'd love to see video of Malouda being dragged from the field, kicking & screaming!
More realistically, why couldn't the ref Red Card him prior to kickoff & make FG play with 10?

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

Read a little bit. You might learn something!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio
Ohio has become less white, declining from 87.8% in 1990 to 81.1% in 2010. There are 172,500 native-born Mexicans in the state, mostly in Columbus & Toledo, the highest number of foreign-born residents.

Columbus itself is the 14th-largest city in the country! With an estimated population of 860,000, in a metro area of 2 million, it's second largest in the Midwest, after Chicago.
It's white population increased by 700 people between censuses, while the latino population increased by 250%, to 44,000, a majority of whom are Mexican. 82% of newcomers to Columbus are foreign-born.
https://en.m.wikiped.../Columbus,_Ohio

Thank you for the correction on the percentage of white people in Ohio. During the election, I recalled hearing that the white population increased. I must have misheard.

Regardless, when Columbus was selected, it was definitely in a whiter portion of the country. It remains as such.

I'm honestly unsure of what you're trying to argue.

I'm of the opinion, and I think it's backed by evidence, that there are many people who view and equate Getting a pro-USA crowd with having a majority white audience. I think that's unfortunate. Knowing you, I'm pretty sure you agree...

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

I'm honestly unsure of what you're trying to argue.
I'm of the opinion, and I think it's backed by evidence, that there are many people who view and equate Getting a pro-USA crowd with having a majority white audience. I think that's unfortunate. Knowing you, I'm pretty sure you agree...

I really don't think that many sports fans, especially ones who actually attend games, are that xenophobic. Moreso for soccer fans, a more recently developed fan base.
The USSF wants a pro-US crowd for WC qualifiers, not a majority white crowd. Playing WC qualifiers in the southwest won't accomplish that.
If USSF was biased, why would it host the Gold Cup in the first place? Then, schedule most knockout games in areas with large Mexican populations?
I find the AO phenomenon a bit disconcerting, but we're lucky to have a tifosi factor in soccer at all. Sam's Army core support was in the hundreds. AO's is in the tens of thousands. I've never seen overt racism in AO. I've seen less diversity in Portland. So be it.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Here's what the public gets to read about the USMNT performance last night:
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3322259

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Did not watch, but it sounds embarrassing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users