2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

NO you will not get the game you want at the end of the season.

NO you will not agree with the final standings (with the possible exception of a couple douchenozzles here and there).

YES you will probably want to kill at least 6 posters on this thread at some point in the season.

YES you will wonder how the fuck your team lost to that sad sack of hammers.

When is Letter of Intent Day, or whatever they call it?
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#2 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

who's the schnozzle that started this thread? :lol:

i'll see you guys back in this thread in late august/early september!

there are only two teams that matter anyways:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#3 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:34 AM

so can i be the first to say, . . . .

fuck the team that is ranked number one (even if it is USC)

#4 Paranoid

Paranoid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy + Trojans

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

I don't get ranking SC in pre-season top 5.

The offense is back minus sanchez......which is a big deal.

Almost all of the defense is gone.....which is a big deal.

This is coming from an SC homer.....

But since we are getting the early start here lets have some fun.

I am putting the over-under on "Players carried off the field NOT UNDER their own power after hits by Taylor Mays" at 5.

Weigh in bitches

#5 Mr. Shades

Mr. Shades

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, National Teams, Real Madrid

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

I actually agree with "almost" everyone...no sense in talking about pre-season polls.

Romero...those are the only teams that matter...in your mind (too bad your mind never strays into the world of reality when it comes to college pointy-ball!).

And to RTB, I haven't had time to respond to your last insult, but after all of the wars we've been through together over the years (always having your back), and all of the great times we've shared, you have the nerve to say that I "suck?" College football smack talking or not, that is a new low for a little Bruin Cub as yourself! Just because you guys in Westwood are always going to be just the little brother in this town when it comes to CF (and always will be), I would never attack you in such a personal manner! That comment might just redefine our friendship...I'm truly hurt by your below the belt comment! I don't know if I'll "ever" recover from this??? :)+

There is only one thing you can do to make it right again, and that's buy me a :pint: !!!

Bill, Florida was not the best team this year! Further, Utah has every right to be in the mix...they dominated Alabama like no other this year...that is why Florida is just as suspect as the rest of the SEC or Big 12, or even the Pac 10!!

We will never truly know the truth! The 2008 CF Season will definitely be considered an "X File!"

Buck, "kill" is just a little over-the-top...don't you think? I mean we are just talking about a game, aren't we? Besides, I have still so much left to accomplish in this life...get married, have a family of my own, seeing the G's win a Cup again (I know this last one might be just a pipe-dream, but one can always hope!).

BTW, letter of intent day is usually around February 6th (that is what it was last year).

Until later ladies and gents!

:cool:

#6 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Bill, Florida was not the best team this year! Further, Utah has every right to be in the mix...they dominated Alabama like no other this year...that is why Florida is just as suspect as the rest of the SEC or Big 12, or even the Pac 10!!

We will never truly know the truth! The 2008 CF Season will definitely be considered an "X File!"

I think you will see my quote that I didn't think the best two teams were playing. I don't care, though. When was the last time the true best two teams in any sport in any league played for a Championship...even after a playoff? Probably Lakers-Celtics (not last year, but Bird-Magic era).

Exhibit A: Arizona v. Pittsburgh?
Exhibit B: Tampa Bay Rays v. Philadelphia?

It just doesn't matter...

Posted Image

Florida is suspect because they beat Alabama 31-20 without Percy Harvin and Utah beat them 31-17 with a full squad, both in "neutral" locations? Huh?

#7 Mr. Shades

Mr. Shades

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

I think you will see my quote that I didn't think the best two teams were playing. I don't care, though. When was the last time the true best two teams in any sport in any league played for a Championship...even after a playoff? Probably Lakers-Celtics (not last year, but Bird-Magic era).

Exhibit A: Arizona v. Pittsburgh?
Exhibit B: Tampa Bay Rays v. Philadelphia?

It just doesn't matter...

Posted Image

Florida is suspect because they beat Alabama 31-20 without Percy Harvin and Utah beat them 31-17 with a full squad, both in "neutral" locations? Huh?

LFC, I was just stating in my point of view of Utah from past posts, I did not mean to include it in my response to you. I am glad that you admit that Florida really may or may not be one of the best 2 teams in the Country. However, your little SEC double speak doesn't fly either. I'm sorry, but as long as the SEC plays 3rd rate teams rated just higher than a glorified high school team on their nonconference schedules, your conference has no credibility in my book! Obviously, the Big 12 is overrated too! I mean OK got stomped, and Texas barely beat OSU, not a exactly a resounding endorsement.

But who knows?

BTW, the Lakers and Celtics "were" the two best teams last year. Both teams beat everyone they had to get to the Finals and Beantown beat us without Bynum or Ariza. But proved to be the best team last year at that time.

Secondly, whose to say that the Cardinals and Steelers are not the two best teams this past year in football, or Tampa Bay and Phili in baseball.

The Cardinals struggled with injuries and an underachieving running game earlier in the season, but are firing on all cylinders right now during the playoffs. Beating Carolina, and especially Phili (who beat D and NY to get there) makes them legit even if their division was the weakest in the conference! The Cardinals have the most potent offense in the NFL. Their defense maybe their achiles heal in the SuperBowl, we'll see...I thought NY was the best team in the NFC, but they lost. End of story.

Pittsburgh, on the other hand, is completely legit and has the best defense in the league and a better offense than the 2nd best defense, Baltimore, and also beat what I thought was one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs, the Chargers. The Chargers had to be hot just to get in and I think with no LT (again), and having to play at a playoff level for a over month and a half just to get into the dance, together with the weather in Pittsburgh just finally caught up with them. Two top notch quality wins by both teams who are very deserving to be playing for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

In baseball, Tampa Bay was the beast in the AL East this year, and the Angels choked against the BoSox again. The Phillies proved they had the best overall team in the NL not to mention all of baseball...they were the best team in the East with the best pitching, and beat probably the hottest team heading into the playoffs, the Dodgers. That is sound reasoning that cannot be disputed by your biases. You can't say that any of these teams are not legitimate or deserving just because they are not the teams you root for.

And don't give me that "neutral" site garbage...a great team wins at home or on the road, or at a neutral site (with most of "your" fans in the stands anyways!)!

Besides, Florida's loss was at home to Mississipi right? Meanwhile, USC's loss was in hostile territory against another BCS bowl winner in Oregon State, correct? Plus the Pac-10 was 5-0 in bowl games for supposedly being such a weak conference! So why is Florida's one loss not as bad as USC's? Whose to say Ole Miss is better than Oregon State? I can't say that! So SC gets shut out because of BS talk all season from the East Coasters that the Pac-10 was weak?

Utah played tough teams and didn't lose to anyone all year...so whose to say who actually really belonged in the BS game? The biased a-holes or people who control the computers that are all mostly biased to the East Coast??? You? Me? Any of our glorious UCLA tards'? I don't think so.

I'm not saying that Florida did not belong, because they had a helluva team too! I'm just saying that you know the only true way this season to get a true NC would have been a playoff. That's not jealousy talking, that is just sound reasoning! I think we can say that the four best teams left standing at the end of the year were SC, Florida, Utah, and last and least, Texas. Comments?

#8 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

LFC, I was just stating in my point of view of Utah from past posts, I did not mean to include it in my response to you. I am glad that you admit that Florida really may or may not be one of the best 2 teams in the Country. However, your little SEC double speak doesn't fly either. I'm sorry, but as long as the SEC plays 3rd rate teams rated just higher than a glorified high school team on their nonconference schedules, your conference has no credibility in my book!

Florida's non-conference schedule included FSU, Miami and Hawaii. All bowl teams...two of them rivalry games. Until the PAC-10 decides to get a Championship game, it will continue to get punked.

Obviously, the Big 12 is overrated too! I mean OK got stomped, and Texas barely beat OSU, not a exactly a resounding endorsement.

But who knows?

BTW, the Lakers and Celtics "were" the two best teams last year. Both teams beat everyone they had to get to the Finals and Beantown beat us without Bynum or Ariza. But proved to be the best team last year at that time.

I don't buy that the Lakers were better than the Cavs last year and would have won a 7 game series. What do I know?

Secondly, whose to say that the Cardinals and Steelers are not the two best teams this past year in football, or Tampa Bay and Phili in baseball.

The Cardinals struggled with injuries and an underachieving running game earlier in the season, but are firing on all cylinders right now during the playoffs. Beating Carolina, and especially Phili (who beat D and NY to get there) makes them legit even if their division was the weakest in the conference! The Cardinals have the most potent offense in the NFL. Their defense maybe their achiles heal in the SuperBowl, we'll see...I thought NY was the best team in the NFC, but they lost. End of story.

But they did not lose to Arizona, did they? They were forced to play Philly for the third time this season. How hard is it to beat a team three times in a season?

Pittsburgh, on the other hand, is completely legit and has the best defense in the league and a better offense than the 2nd best defense, Baltimore, and also beat what I thought was one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs, the Chargers. The Chargers had to be hot just to get in and I think with no LT (again), and having to play at a playoff level for a over month and a half just to get into the dance, together with the weather in Pittsburgh just finally caught up with them. Two top notch quality wins by both teams who are very deserving to be playing for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

In baseball, Tampa Bay was the beast in the AL East this year, and the Angels choked against the BoSox again. The Phillies proved they had the best overall team in the NL not to mention all of baseball...they were the best team in the East with the best pitching, and beat probably the hottest team heading into the playoffs, the Dodgers. That is sound reasoning that cannot be disputed by your biases. You can't say that any of these teams are not legitimate or deserving just because they are not the teams you root for.

There were plenty of teams in the NL that were better than the Rays. The Cubs and Dodgers, I think were better teams.

And don't give me that "neutral" site garbage...a great team wins at home or on the road, or at a neutral site (with most of "your" fans in the stands anyways!)!

Besides, Florida's loss was at home to Mississipi right? Meanwhile, USC's loss was in hostile territory against another BCS bowl winner in Oregon State, correct? Plus the Pac-10 was 5-0 in bowl games for supposedly being such a weak conference! So why is Florida's one loss not as bad as USC's? Whose to say Ole Miss is better than Oregon State? I can't say that! So SC gets shut out because of BS talk all season from the East Coasters that the Pac-10 was weak?

I don't know. Both OSU and UM were 9-4. They beat LSU at LSU. They lost by 4 to Bama at Bama. Not a bad team. Florida was embarrassed by the loss, but it was not unexpected for me as Florida always, always has difficulty with them and MSU for some reason.

Utah played tough teams and didn't lose to anyone all year...so whose to say who actually really belonged in the BS game? The biased a-holes or people who control the computers that are all mostly biased to the East Coast??? You? Me? Any of our glorious UCLA tards'? I don't think so.

Obviously me. ;)

I'm not saying that Florida did not belong, because they had a helluva team too! I'm just saying that you know the only true way this season to get a true NC would have been a playoff. That's not jealousy talking, that is just sound reasoning! I think we can say that the four best teams left standing at the end of the year were SC, Florida, Utah, and last and least, Texas. Comments?

This last comment I agree with. Florida can't help who they played in the bowl game. If Texas takes care of business against TT (who Ole Miss beat BTW) I think this isn't an issue.

#9 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Look at the calendar, fools.

Less '08 and more '09.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#10 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

And to RTB, I haven't had time to respond to your last insult, but after all of the wars we've been through together over the years (always having your back), and all of the great times we've shared, you have the nerve to say that I "suck?"

I said you sucK?

I think you have me confused with Gen Buck!

It's not just you. You ALL suck.

#11 Mr. Shades

Mr. Shades

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

I said you sucK?

I think you have me confused with Gen Buck!

It's not just you. You ALL suck.

What, did you have one too many that night? lol

College Football 2008 Thread, page 45, post #666.

I never forget a post! (Unless I forget!) The post that will live in infamy!

#12 Mr. Shades

Mr. Shades

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:25 AM

LFC, I was just stating in my point of view of Utah from past posts, I did not mean to include it in my response to you. I am glad that you admit that Florida really may or may not be one of the best 2 teams in the Country. However, your little SEC double speak doesn't fly either. I'm sorry, but as long as the SEC plays 3rd rate teams rated just higher than a glorified high school team on their nonconference schedules, your conference has no credibility in my book!

Florida's non-conference schedule included FSU, Miami and Hawaii. All bowl teams...two of them rivalry games. Until the PAC-10 decides to get a Championship game, it will continue to get punked.

ALL LOSING BOWL TEAMS...PLUS HAVING A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FOR YOUR CONFERENCE IS STUPID...JUST BECAUSE THE SEC ALLEGEDLY CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHO IS THE CHAMPION AFTER 12 GAMES IS NOT, NOR SHOULD IT BE, THE PAC-10'S FAULT!

Obviously, the Big 12 is overrated too! I mean OK got stomped, and Texas barely beat OSU, not a exactly a resounding endorsement.

But who knows?

I don't buy that the Lakers were better than the Cavs last year and would have won a 7 game series. What do I know?

WHEN IT COMES TO BASKETBALL OBVIOUSLY NOTHING... LAKERS LOST AT HOME BUT BEAT THEM ON THE ROAD WOULD BE A STALEMATE IF IN THE SAME CONFERENCE, BUT THEY ARE NOT SO YOUR ATTEMPT AT MAKING A POINT HERE IS, WELL, POINTLESS!

But they did not lose to Arizona, did they? They were forced to play Philly for the third time this season. How hard is it to beat a team three times in a season?

DOESN'T MATTER...IF YOUR THE BEST TEAM YOU WIN REGARDLESS OF THE HAND YOUR DEALT...NY DIDN'T, SO THEY WERE NOT THE BEST TEAM WHEN IT COUNTED MOST! JUST BLAME PLAXICO...

There were plenty of teams in the NL that were better than the Rays. The Cubs and Dodgers, I think were better teams.

THIS ALLEGED POINT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO MERIT...RAYS ARE IN THE AL...DOESN'T MATTER IF THERE IS POSSIBLY A BETTER TEAM OR TWO IN THE NL...BESIDES PHILI MAKES YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT MOOT!

I don't know. Both OSU and UM were 9-4. They beat LSU at LSU. They lost by 4 to Bama at Bama. Not a bad team. Florida was embarrassed by the loss, but it was not unexpected for me as Florida always, always has difficulty with them and MSU for some reason.

OBJECTION! THIS RESPONSE IS VAGUE, AMBIGUOUS AND UNINTELLIGIBLE. FURTHER, THIS RESPONSE IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO MY PRIOR COMMENT ABOVE AND DOES NOT LEAD TO ANY ADMISSABLE EVIDENCE! ALSO ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE (YOUR ASSUMING LSU WAS GOOD THIS PAST YEAR...THEY WERE NOT!).

Obviously me. ;)

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

This last comment I agree with. Florida can't help who they played in the bowl game. If Texas takes care of business against TT (who Ole Miss beat BTW) I think this isn't an issue.

I AGREE IN PART AND DISAGREE IN PART...FLORIDA CAN'T HELP WHO THEY PLAY, BUT NEITHER COULD SC AT THAT POINT EITHER...I DISAGREE WITH YOU SAYING THAT IF TEXAS BEATS TT THAT IT IS NOT AN ISSUE. THEY "BARELY" BEAT A WEAK OSU TEAM IN THE (FIESTA?) BOWL AS WELL. I CONSIDER THIS A LOSS IN MY BOOK! PLUS THE BIG 12 IS OBVIOUSLY VERY SUSPECT OUTSIDE OF THEIR CONFERENCE. AT THIS POINT, A PLAYOFF WITH THESE FOUR TEAMS IS THE SOUNDEST WAY TO HAVE A NC, AND ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS AS TO WHO IS THE BEST ONCE AND FOR ALL!

#13 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

Too many words. We'll never agree no matter how many times we "meet and confer." Go ahead and file your motion to compel now. I win.

Posted Image

#14 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

What, did you have one too many that night? lol

College Football 2008 Thread, page 45, post #666.

I never forget a post! (Unless I forget!) The post that will live in infamy!

Haha! Post #666. Daddy like.

"You"SC, meathead.

YouSC coulda had 6.

But now that you mention it. You suck, too.

For that, you owe ME a beer.

#15 Mr. Shades

Mr. Shades

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

Too many words. We'll never agree no matter how many times we "meet and confer." Go ahead and file your motion to compel now. I win.

Posted Image

(Good one! lol)

Your right, because your wrong!!! Consider it filed! I have reserved a hearing date for March 2, 2009. I look forward to seeing your Opposition no later than nine court days from the hearing date.

Too many words??? For an attorney??? Please! I think Webster (the dictionary guy!) was an attorney!

Your claim to victory is a hollow one at best...we'll let the court see through your lies and deception!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users