• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.
And Ballouchy on the left, maybe. Oh boy.

Of course, he might win goal of the week today, which is hilarious.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
I would have been happy with a draw anyway, but missing two important central players, a point sounds heavenly right now. Columbus has assembled some pretty mediocre squads over the last couple years, but is 20-6-7 on home turf since 2010.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Could see some real minutes for Barklage. What do we know about his game?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Could see some real minutes for Barklage. What do we know about his game?

That for the past 3 seasons, he made only 11 appearances in a terrible DCU squad :unsure:

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz
A little nervous heading in to this game as I am afraid that NYRB shot its load off last match and theyw ill fall back to reality. I think they did the same last season--score 4 or 5 one game and go flat the next match???? A draw would be ok with me.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

That for the past 3 seasons, he made only 11 appearances in a terrible DCU squad :unsure:

Yet he seems to be Backe's favorite new guy off the bench. If hey don't move Joel central, what about Maduro?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Yet he seems to be Backe's favorite new guy off the bench. If hey don't move Joel central, what about Maduro?

Don't know anything about Maduro unfortunately. I personally would like to see Palsson. Guy has been a stud in friendlies/reserve matches. One bad game shouldn't be the basis of him being labeled terrible

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
With the projected lineup I'm expecting us to get back to early season form, 1-2, Cooper. Columbus is a tough place to play, we will see if the recent form is a fluke or not.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

One bad game shouldn't be the basis of him being labeled terrible

But that's what we DO. And if he scores a meaningful goal, all will instantly be forgotten.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

To be fair, he had 2 ACL injuries during his time at dcscum. Wait.....another injury prone midfielder!?!?

From what can be picked up on the internets, Barklage is an attack minded player who can cover a lot of ground and play multiple midfield positions (even played at fullback).

Unless Palsson's stock has dropped during training, I'd expect to see Palsson coming on for Marquez and Baklage being cover for the wide players.

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
I'm predicting a very sloppy first half and a horrible second half. 2-2

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
No Tainio for a few weeks and Conde out tomorrow, and a not so healthy Rafa. GREAT! We will be abused by a sub-par C-bus team.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

No Tainio for a few weeks and Conde out tomorrow, and a not so healthy Rafa. GREAT! We will be abused by a sub-par C-bus team.

We held them to a shutout draw with a very weakened side last year, I think we're capable of doing it again. It won't be pretty, Cooper is going to have his work cut out for him with the Columbus backline. It may take some Henry magic again, assuming our midfielders can feed him the ball.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We held them to a shutout draw with a very weakened side last year, I think we're capable of doing it again. It won't be pretty, Cooper is going to have his work cut out for him with the Columbus backline. It may take some Henry magic again, assuming our midfielders can feed him the ball.

weren't they missing some players too?

is this lineup feasible:

Meara

Miller
Holgersson
Rafa
Solli

Ballouchy
Lindpere
Dax
Richards

Henry
KFC

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro
are people seriously trying to shoe-horn Ballouchy into starting lineups? over the fucking wipeout thing?

Meara
Solli-Keel-Hulk-Miller
Richards-Rafa-Dax-Lindpere
Henry-KFC

Vuolo; Lade, Ruthven; Palsson, Ballouchy, Barklage; Angulo

Palsson for Rafa at 45. Ballouchy for Lindpere around 70-75. Barklage for whoever at 89.

Keep it simple, seriously. the less changed from our starting lineup last game, the better.
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users