36 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
The team does a very poor job when it comes to identifying and signing talent from abroad.

I dont think money will solve our problem if you cant identify talent that can do well in MLS.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Burke and Barlow were horrendous on the ball... I'm confused how you can be that bad receiving a ball as professional players....  How frustrating must that be for everyone... The Starlow pendulum has swung back.  

I'd rather play Reyes as a forward than either of them.   

Is there anyone on RBII who can play striker? Just someone who can make the far post run and receive a cross. I understand why Lesesne was hoping Yearwood might be able to play more advanced... there doesnt appear to be a single striker on this team. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Orlando game was a rough showcase of the lack of quality going forward. These were the "better" attacks from the first half of the game before the wheels came off in the second. While its nice to see them passing through the midfielders more, the variety of ways in which these attacks fizzle out as the ball enters the final third is disheartening.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Orlando game was a rough showcase of the lack of quality going forward. These were the "better" attacks from the first half of the game before the wheels came off in the second. While its nice to see them passing through the midfielders more, the variety of ways in which these attacks fizzle out as the ball enters the final third is disheartening.

Gosh. the 37'(Barlow pass to keeper), 40' (Burke stopping Yearwood) and 43' (Tolkin beast mode -> confused Burke, who had three people to pass the ball to) is indicative of the absurdity of these strikers....the Barlow one at 37' is especially egregious. 

No hate against Barlow, but this team needs a real striker. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

and a real CAM/10, kinda weary of seeing 3 CDMs running things in midfield, knowing that the needed skillset to get the ball to the strikers is lacking. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
U can see the patterns are not the worst but frequency and execution lacking
Not sure if we can count on Morgan and Ngoma health and Omir is not consistent enough and wiki has plateaued and is in doghouse and this is not Luq skill set

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The Barlow one at 37' is especially egregious. 

Ooof, that was so frustrating to see again. I sympathize with him having no left foot but to take that ball with his right is criminal. As bad as Burke and Manoel have been, Barlow shouldn't start another game. Would even rather Omir or Wiki run around as a false nine than a black hole of a player sucking up the few good chances we get. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Ooof, that was so frustrating to see again. I sympathize with him having no left foot but to take that ball with his right is criminal. As bad as Burke and Manoel have been, Barlow shouldn't start another game. Would even rather Omir or Wiki run around as a false nine than a black hole of a player sucking up the few good chances we get. 

Wiki is an absolute black hole as well. Omir at least shows flashes and is not afraid to let it rip.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We need to shelf Barlow and Burke permanently (long term loan to rb2?), and make a trade within mls for a proven striker veteran or two. Otherwise this season will go to shit without a true number 9 (seems like dante is more of a morgan/luqui support striker or winger?)

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We need to shelf Barlow and Burke permanently (long term loan to rb2?), and make a trade within mls for a proven striker veteran or two. Otherwise this season will go to shit without a true number 9 (seems like dante is more of a morgan/luqui support striker or winger?)

We haven't seen Luq, Morgan and Dante on the field together.  Let's see how that goes.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

We haven't seen Luq, Morgan and Dante on the field together.  Let's see how that goes.

Burke still needs to provide solid holdup play. Still not convinced he should have been brought in as anything more than what he was with Philly, and hes only getting older.

Go get Poulsen from Leipzig and cut Barlow.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Burke still needs to provide solid holdup play. Still not convinced he should have been brought in as anything more than what he was with Philly, and hes only getting older.

To his credit, Burke is still doing all of the stuff prior to shooting really, really well. Hold up play and defensive effort have been exceptional. If the guy could just finish a quarter of the chances served up to him on a platter he'd be the runaway MVP so far this year.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Wiki is an absolute black hole as well. Omir at least shows flashes and is not afraid to let it rip.

Not disagreeing with this, but I stand by Wiki > Barlow, if it comes to that choice

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I think we will be seeing a spending shift in RBNY and MLS.

The concacaf champions league announced a new format and the prize money is changing significantly.

For example the winner prize money will change from 500k to 5 million.

Hopefully this awful season will become the catalyst to get a better front office and be the end of the barlow/manoel led attack

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I am truly baffled at how badly he has performed.   Pressure of being the #1 guy when he's used to being #3?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users