694 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Would have been great to see both teams full strength duking it out.  

Sigh. We didn't get to see the Best Backline Ever v ATL in the playoffs. Taxis leadership and mental toughness was missed as much as his talent. Quality veteran leadership matters more on a roster that skews young.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

nobody says a thing when it benefits their team (e.g. many here liking Felipe's performances

I liked how Felipe would piss people off on the other teams but I hated the diving and embellishment. There was a guy on the Devils, David Clarkson who I absolutely hated because he also embellished a lot and always bitched and moaned at the refs. I was thrilled when he didn't resign because I hate watching that bs.

Personally to me it's cowardly nonsense and I thought Almiorin was absolutely embarrassing himself during the game.

The other bigger problem is that I watch hockey players lose teeth, break bones, and even get concussions and they don't even act like some of these soccer players do. It's my biggest annoyance with soccer and it drives me nuts sometimes but the culture in hockey is that you don't show weakness and you battle through anything. It's just frustrating to watch this bs go on in soccer.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • Supports:METRO

I've been watching soccer for 30 years and it's just getting worse. There was diving before but there were a lot more guys who wanted nothing to do with it and there was no culture of diving. Now as someone said it is so prevalent because it works, simple as that. I could be wrong but it's just another symptom of big money influence on the sport, modern football and all that. Because of it all, I now just watch two teams instead of every soccer game I could, it's just disgusting seeing $200mil thrown at a player who can't stay on his feet after smallest contact, as if soccer is a non contact sport.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,237 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

diving ... is so prevalent because it works, simple as that.

Sad, but true. I cannot fathom it. Could handballs leading to goals remain uncalled and unsanctioned?
Too soon?
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=ESOCm04BW18

Anyway, yet another season ends with a bang:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=vdytOGnUFoI

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
I wish the club would say something about this "goal keeper interference"... that's like red carding a player every time he complains, or red carding the manager every time he says something to the fourth official..
I am convinced this league is rigged and a 100% Metro beats this Atlanta 10 out of 10 times.... Kemar being out was a huge hole to fill and the bs calls were insurmountable to overcome.. It should have been 1-1 in Atlanta at the least.. BWP goal stands and they implode ala when NY beat them in Atlanta earlier in the season at Atlanta and New York wins again like they did in May...

In a flushing meadow park league a ref makes those kind of calls and there is a well deserved brawl...I've been in one of those in flushing meadow Park league for less... I haven't even heard a comment from anyone.. A simple shake of the head is not enough.. Show some pride... Show gamesmanship..
Show passion.... Show you fucking care....
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users