204 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Nonsense. You can take the 4 or 5 (Lexington Avenue Express) to Fulton St. station, which takes 20 minutes, then walk a couple of short blocks to WTC & take the PATH direct to Harrison, another 20 minutes.
45 minutes total, if you make the connection.

4/5 often not express on weekends. If you don't make the connection, it's 20 mins between PATH trains. 20 mins to from WTC Harrison is also optimistic (33 mins per the schedule, often longer with a wait at JSQ).

From GC, 45 mins is wishful thinking, an hour is possible if you're lucky, but you can easily hit 1.5 hrs or more. I'd say the median would be close to option 3.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Nonsense. You can take the 4 or 5 (Lexington Avenue Express) to Fulton St. station, which takes 20 minutes, then walk a couple of short blocks to WTC & take the PATH direct to Harrison, another 20 minutes.

if you make the connection is key there. That whole process could take twice as long very easily. They need to add more PATH trains on game days, but MLS isnt there yet.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

PATH is about 30+ minutes one way on the weekends. The train will sit at Journal Square. Even the schedule says this.

Subways also are delayed or run local on weekends too. Any time you take weekend trains to RBA I'd say add 40 minutes to whatever time you think it will take and that's how long it will be.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

if you make the connection is key there. That whole process could take twice as long very easily. They need to add more PATH trains on game days, but MLS isnt there yet.

There needs to be express trains that run directly to Harrison from NYC and the other way back. No Journal Square transfers or any of that other bullshit.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Takes at least an hr for me to go to RBA and I live in lower Manhattan along the 6th Ave part. 45 minutes? That's bullshit, maybe for a Wednesday nite match, weekends? 

A rarity. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Takes at least an hr for me to go to RBA and I live in lower Manhattan along the 6th Ave part. 45 minutes? That's bullshit, maybe for a Wednesday nite match, weekends? 

A rarity. 

Ditto

If I want to be in my seat for the kickoff I have to plan for at least an hour fifteen. Coming home is the worst actually, you can wait for two trains forever. Sometimes I drive on an evening weekend game from Manhattan to keep my sanity.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

PATH on the way home, in the winter, after a playoff loss. Seems like longer than 2 hrs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
45 minutes is definitely wishful thinking from GC on a weekend. It often takes me an hour to get to RBA via the PATH just going from Hoboken on a weekend. 15-20 minute wait for the JSQ train at Hoboken, 15-20 Minute wait at JSQ for the Newark train.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I come via public transportation from Putnam County so for anyone complaining about the PATH train I invoke Rick DiPietro's Rule 76: "No excuses, play like a champion!!!".
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Really hoping we can get 3 points because the Supporter's Shield is now a very possible thing.  Dallas is the only team ahead of us in points per game but I can't see them keeping things up anymore.  Just don't think they are that good.

Atlanta is probably the only team that I could see running off a bunch of wins but losing Nagbe I think hurt them big time.

KC just not talented enough right now.

LAFC the only other legit threat in my opinion.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

and LA still have that Portuguese 3rd DP to join the squad once the xfer window opens. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Really hoping we can get 3 points because the Supporter's Shield is now a very possible thing.  Dallas is the only team ahead of us in points per game but I can't see them keeping things up anymore.  Just don't think they are that good.

Atlanta is probably the only team that I could see running off a bunch of wins but losing Nagbe I think hurt them big time.

KC just not talented enough right now.

LAFC the only other legit threat in my opinion.  

3 points would be awesome, especially considering we get a stretch of 4 out of 5 at home after this game. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

our team really picks it up when playing @ YS.  Villa will be coming off an injury (missed the last game or 2 - not sure if he'll be fully fit for Sunday).  We need another statement team to show them who's boss

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

And they just sold their best player, I'd be amazed if they kept this pace through the rest of the season.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not to jinx anything, you gotta love our record this year against the teams around us running for the Shield...   3 ppg, 10-1 aggregate

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users