• Supports:New York Red Bulls
He's the captain, of course it's his last year with the team lol

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

For sure he will get an offer from the redbulls but if he gets any interest abroad he might finally go try it out. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Is this his last year with the team?

https://www.mlssocce...ong-salloi-more

I think so. It really depends on what he wants. He could try Europe. I wouldn't be suprised if Leeds gives long a 1 million dollar contract for 2 years. Cheap for leeds standards but more than what an MLS team is willing to pay.

If he stays in US, I could see him going to one of the LA teams if the salaryand years are similar to nyrb. He is originally from the LA area.

The nyrb pitch should be a long term contract with a no trade clause with the possibility of becoming a coach or have a job in the front office with Lade and bwp. I think long term financial stability could be a selling point if going home or playing abroad is not a priority

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
If he goes to World Cup and does well his stock will be pretty high.

He's making what 800k from us.

Teams in England could pay 3x that and it not be a big deal.

Fulham would be an early guess, Leeds to join back up w marsh?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think so. It really depends on what he wants. He could try Europe. I wouldn't be suprised if Leeds gives long a 1 million dollar contract for 2 years. Cheap for leeds standards but more than what an MLS team is willing to pay.

If he stays in US, I could see him going to one of the LA teams if the salaryand years are similar to nyrb. He is originally from the LA area.

The nyrb pitch should be a long term contract with a no trade clause with the possibility of becoming a coach or have a job in the front office with Lade and bwp. I think long term financial stability could be a selling point if going home or playing abroad is not a priority

I think Long would get more money than that in MLS, but the logic holds and a PL team would likely take a flyer at an above-MLS wage. I'm sure Long will be happy to give it a shot. An MLS contract will be waiting for him even if it doesn't work out for him abroad.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So the captaincy will pass to the next oldest player... Meara doesn't play, so obviously Barlow!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

He will have lots of good options that pay well and if he starts and does well in World Cup even more.  Very happy for him!

LA

Saint Louis

Leeds

Fulham

maybe even NYRB.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

So the captaincy will pass to the next oldest player... Meara doesn't play, so obviously Barlow!

That is the good news here. Then we will only have him for one more year.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Meara is a free agent too. I think the team has an option year though.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Meara is a free agent too. I think the team has an option year though.

If they option him and make him captain that will be well deserved (and sadly hilarious/ominous)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Letting Long get a spot somewhere with no transfer fee is actually a cool move by RB. He'll (in my hope) have a good world cup and be free to make latch on somewhere. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Letting Long get a spot somewhere with no transfer fee is actually a cool move by RB. He'll (in my hope) have a good world cup and be free to make latch on somewhere. 

Supposedly they had a allocation-record-breaking offer(s?) this offseason and passed, which is fantastic. Which is why THIS is the year we need to try to make a run.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Supposedly they had a allocation-record-breaking offer(s?) this offseason and passed, which is fantastic. Which is why THIS is the year we need to try to make a run.

Yeah. I thought everyone was on the same page with that too. Did Thelwell's departure indicate a shift in objective?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Yeah. I thought everyone was on the same page with that too. Did Thelwell's departure indicate a shift in objective?

I dont think they thought Klimala would be this bad. If he was an average MLS striker, wed be contending for the Shield. The Morgan & Luq acquisitions, along with retaining Long, suggest they were trying to win this year. Its not working out up top, well see if they fix it or just give up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users