#1 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:11 AM

Michael Vick was indicted today on multiple counts related to dog fighting.

Vick in Legal Doghouse

You know, most sins come from weakness, but some come from hubris. I hope he does time.

#2 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:13 AM

what a piece of shit. he lied and said he never knew what was going on at his house. i hope this piece of shit gets into plenty of fights during his jail time and loses bad every time. piece of shit.

#3 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

cesar probably knows more on this, but don't the federal grand jury cases have like 90% conviction rates or something?
I thought the Feds don't send out indictments unless they've done their homework and are sure they have a case. No north carolina prosecutors here.
no?

but my god. per espn:

RICHMOND, Va. -- NFL star Michael Vick was indicted by a federal grand jury Tuesday on charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation so grisly the losers either died in the pit or sometimes were electrocuted, drowned, hanged or shot.

John Goodwin of the Humane Society said the manner in which losing or unwilling dogs were killed was especially troubling.

"Some of the grisly details in these filings shocked even me, and I'm a person who faces this stuff every day," he said. "I was surprised to see that they were killing dogs by hanging them and one dog was killed by slamming it to the ground. Those are extremely violent methods of execution -- they're unnecessary and just sick."

utterly disgusting

#4 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

If those facts make it to a jury, he's fucked.

#5 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

cesar probably knows more on this, but don't the federal grand jury cases have like 90% conviction rates or something?

i dont know the exact conviction rates but if a federal grand jury thinks there is a case, good luck getting off. he is clearly fucked. grand juries are in our legal system to check out facts before governments waste taxpayers' money. they look at all the evidence and if they think the DA wont waste the court's time and money, they will proceed by recommending an indictment. this "indictment" really means that looking at all the evidence, the defendant has a really good chance of getting it in the ass.

if all this animal cruelty stuff is true, Mr. Vick will clearly see some jail time. i hope he does.

#6 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, LARS, US Nats

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:48 AM

Where is PETA now? They should dress in a dog suit and stand outside the Vick estate and have some sign that emulates hatred, but in a nice way; kinda like that kangaroo with the "Save My Skin." :)+ Fucking Hippies.

But I am opposed to animal cruelty and do believe Vick is an asshole who has a cell waiting for him, so don't get me wrong.
"I love Chris Klein...he's going to Heaven" - ZC

#7 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:28 AM

His new shoe is scheduled to hit stores in August; I wonder how that will sell? Even though some of these degenerates can throw a ball or slam dunk they will always be ghetto scum.
HIKING METAL PUNX

#8 blistfultones

blistfultones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, Man U

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

Where is PETA now? They should dress in a dog suit and stand outside the Vick estate and have some sign that emulates hatred, but in a nice way; kinda like that kangaroo with the "Save My Skin." :)+ Fucking Hippies.

sigh, not all us PETA folk are ultra-hippies. i mean ... :blink: ... fuck it. if i was in VA, i'd throw some dog shit on his car/house/face.

vick=scum. justice would be a dog biting him and giving him rabies. or is that too harsh?
Jim: Question: What kind of bear is best?
Dwight: That's a ridiculous question …
Jim: False. Black bear.
Dwight: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought …
Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Sheldon: Scissors cut paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitate lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock and, as it’s always been, rock crushes scissors.

Barney: It's gonna be legend-... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!

#9 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

His new shoe is scheduled to hit stores in August; I wonder how that will sell? Even though some of these degenerates can throw a ball or slam dunk they will always be ghetto scum.

Most of us are a few dollars away from being ghetto scum.

vick=scum. justice would be a dog biting him and giving him rabies. or is that too harsh?

Not harsh enough.

Justice would be a dog biting his balls off and giving him rabies.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#10 GirlInTheDirtyShirt

GirlInTheDirtyShirt

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts
  • Supports:PGP & FHF

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

Again, just stop.

Vick is a fucking cunt that deserves to have his intestines ripped out by a pool drain. Torturing and electrocuting dogs for losing a fight is ridiculous.
Fuck you. Seriously.

#11 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

At least he's not torturing people...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#12 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

justice would be a dog biting him and giving him rabies. or is that too harsh?

justice would be if dogs ate this motherfucker alive.

#13 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

Most of us are a few dollars away from being ghetto scum.
Not harsh enough.

Justice would be a dog biting his balls off and giving him rabies.

No, I don’t mean financially, I mean ethically; you know, “those” people.
HIKING METAL PUNX

#14 chopsticks

chopsticks

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:i love beer, beer beer beer.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Man u, beer me jebus fc

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:08 AM

justice would be if dogs ate this motherfucker alive.

or at least most of him, death would be too easy.

#15 gotemcoach

gotemcoach

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY/USMNT

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:03 AM

Nike pulled the release of his shoe to be released in august. Even if this doesnt go through, which it will, he's gunna lose a shit ton of endorsements.

Realize Kobe is still in the shitter when it comes to endorsements. Vick knows he's f'd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users