103 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

UEFA FFP rules do not allow artificially low transfer fees between teams with the same ownership. Means there were no higher offers for Adams at the time, or other teams would have made noise about it.

Does that cover clubs who aren't governed by UEFA like us?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Does that cover clubs who aren't governed by UEFA like us?

Covers the parent clubs, so they can't be helped by clubs they own like NYCFC and us

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Lol. You think FFP is enforced? All RB has to do is say they tendered an offer and MLS accepted before any other offers have rolled in. And by the way, sell-on clauses CAN be useful as a mechanism to justify lower transfer fees with UEFA.

There is no doubt Tyler Adams would have fetched more than Matt Miazga had he actually been available for other clubs to bid on.

#RedBullOut

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
As far as I know MLS owns all contracts and is therefore a party in transfer negotiations, if another club or clubs were sending in bids for Tyler that exceeded the one from rb he wouldn't have ended up there or the bid would have increased. Add to that that there were no credible rumors about any team other than rb being really interested in Tyler, I don't think teams were ready to pay anywhere close to what some mf posters are throwing out there.

And I'll say it again, say we got $10mil for Tyler, do you really think we would have done anything differently in the off-season? I don't, because our fo including the sporting side is not very good or interested in improving on a shield winning team.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
I don't see things changing substantially until this team has an ownership group more like the LAFC's and SKC's of the world. We can acknowledge that the RB era has brought Metro fandom much success and good times in a great stadium, but it's time for a new era where the team is run by people with the resources, ambition, and local pride to move this team from persistent contender to iconic and dominant. Won't happen as FC McDonald's.

What part of "less important subsidiary of a global network" sounds like a NY team? Metro should be their owners' crown jewel, pride and joy. With an identity that gets you hyped, and not from caffeine/taurine.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Lol. You think FFP is enforced? All RB has to do is say they tendered an offer and MLS accepted before any other offers have rolled in. And by the way, sell-on clauses CAN be useful as a mechanism to justify lower transfer fees with UEFA.

There is no doubt Tyler Adams would have fetched more than Matt Miazga had he actually been available for other clubs to bid on.

Enforced or not, the point is that any team that was interested in bidding for Adams or even considering an offer would have made noise about that. To make themselves look smart after Adams' great start, if nothing else. That has not happened.

I'm not a RB defender and certainly they would've preferred to get Adams as cheap as possible for Leipzig's benefit. But any claims that his market price at the time was higher than what it ended up, let alone significantly, are completely unsubstantiated.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the RB era has brought Metro fandom much success and good times in a great stadium.

The fan base does not appear to be expressing their appreciation in any great numbers.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

InkedAG

InkedAG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Arsenal
Im very happy for Jesse Marsch. I wish nothing but the best.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
RB Salzburg, with their champions league hopes on the line, just put up a total dud in front of their home fans to crash out of the competition.

Vintage Marsch. A nice guy and decent coach, but still unable to figure out how to win games that truly count the most. Would have been nice to see him clear that hurdle today, yet at the same time satisfied that Red Bull's European teams are losing.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

RB Salzburg, with their champions league hopes on the line, just put up a total dud in front of their home fans to crash out of the competition.

Vintage Marsch. A nice guy and decent coach, but still unable to figure out how to win games that truly count the most. Would have been nice to see him clear that hurdle today, yet at the same time satisfied that Red Bull's European teams are losing.

lol

sour grapes - apparently they gave them everything they could handle but had a couple individual mistakes but why not blames people 

Grelladhino is TROLL

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

losing a game to the defending CL champs is vintage marsch? i actually thought salzburg was better for most of the game right before the 2 goals. Leipzig made it through to the next round - hopefully Tyler is back to full fitness in time for the next round. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Yea, it had nothing to do with a friggin' Austrian club being matched up with the best club in the world right now. Give me a break. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
It was an impressive first half from RBS.
Crazy that a win would have knocked out the best team in the PL and they put a bunch of shots on target early on.

That second goal they gave up though? Ouch.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Lol, losing to the best club in Europe and defending European champions is vintage Marsch?

Meanwhile were stuck with Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

losing a game to the defending CL champs is vintage marsch? i actually thought salzburg was better for most of the game right before the 2 goals. Leipzig made it through to the next round - hopefully Tyler is back to full fitness in time for the next round. 

Yes, it's vintage Marsch.

Liverpool are a great team and have had an incredible season so far, but let's not act like they are some invincible juggernaut winning every game 5-0.

Marsch had em right in the crosshairs and the team couldn't prevail. Today was a golden opportunity to break that habit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)