JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We did have a ... ton of draws,however

In 2011, but not really in 2010 or 2012.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I'm not crazy with how the team is playing but we keep winning so it's tough to get too worked up.

The back 4 is really just damn good.  Not sure there are many guys I'd have over any of them.  Still believe Parker is better than Long but damn, Long has really improved every single year.  Also thought Tyler had his best game.

I like that Armas keeps putting out our best 11 players, even if nobody really fits at that right midfield position.  Also still believe it would work better with Tyler on the right in comparison to Rza but we keep winning, so may as well not change it.  Royer is starting to roll a little bit so that's great news.  Love the intensity and passion he plays with.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm not crazy with how the team is playing but we keep winning so it's tough to get too worked up.

The back 4 is really just damn good.  Not sure there are many guys I'd have over any of them.  Still believe Parker is better than Long but damn, Long has really improved every single year.  Also thought Tyler had his best game.

I like that Armas keeps putting out our best 11 players, even if nobody really fits at that right midfield position.  Also still believe it would work better with Tyler on the right in comparison to Rza but we keep winning, so may as well not change it.  Royer is starting to roll a little bit so that's great news.  Love the intensity and passion he plays with.

If Ivan is what we hope/need him to be, we'll have 12 to fit in to that Best 11 formation.  That'll be interesting.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

If Ivan is what we hope/need him to be, we'll have 12 to fit in to that Best 11 formation.  That'll be interesting.

Well, that would be a good scenario.  Hope it gets to that point.  Athletically he fits. Showed good mobility and willingness to take guys on.  He did seem very unsure of what to do defensively at times so really hope they get him playing confident and flying around.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i didn't get much out of Ivan's brief appearance. He doesn't seem to have top end speed or agility. I actually thought he made a poor decision towards the end when he dribbled into a crowd of 3-4 fire players.  He was lucky to get a foul called - otherwise a turnover and a quick counter back the other way would have been likely.  However, I'll withhold judgment until he can get a few actual games under his belt.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
https://twitter.com/...8705863680?s=19

xG map. Not great, but any road win (and clean sheet) is good.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

i didn't get much out of Ivan's brief appearance. He doesn't seem to have top end speed or agility. I actually thought he made a poor decision towards the end when he dribbled into a crowd of 3-4 fire players.  He was lucky to get a foul called - otherwise a turnover and a quick counter back the other way would have been likely.  However, I'll withhold judgment until he can get a few actual games under his belt.

Agree on the athleticism part.  But he's quick.  That short area speed means a lot.  Top end speed seemed OK but he didn't really have to open it up.

Speed can be weird in general.  Etienne is fast but he doesn't play fast.  Veron spent the first couple of years playing slow as well. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Speed can be weird in general.  Etienne is fast but he doesn't play fast.  Veron spent the first couple of years playing slow as well. 

Or on the flip side how everyone thought Lloyd Sam was fast when in reality he had pretty mediocre top speed, he was just clever and quick with his first step to beat defenders.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Or on the flip side how everyone thought Lloyd Sam was fast when in reality he had pretty mediocre top speed, he was just clever and quick with his first step to beat defenders.

says who?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

says who?

You ever see him blazing by defenders over distance like Dane Richards used to?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

blazing by defenders over distance like Dane Richards

Which never resulted in as many goals as expected.
http://metrofanatic....ayer.jsp?ID=184

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Agree completely on Sam not having great top end speed.  Good quicks, great athleticism.  What helped him most was that he had a great first step.  Once that first step fell off for Lloyd, he was in trouble. 

Lloyd was always fun to watch with us. Easy dude to root for too.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro

BTW the thought of our play being mls 1.0 was thrown out earlier in this thread.  I say this organization, team and players need to learn how to win starting from MLS 1.0 because we never did or could.  How many times have we been beat on 1.0 play? Lucky bounce and bunker!  It's happened way too many times to us.  We have to learn to  win ugly against the grain.  It's as simple as that.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Remember when we couldn't win at Bridgeview?  Those days are certainly over (won shield there, playoff game there, won last week, etc.).  Used to be a house of horrors for us!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Remember when we couldn't win at Bridgeview?  Those days are certainly over (won shield there, playoff game there, won last week, etc.).  Used to be a house of horrors for us!

Ive been to 3 games at Chicago since 2015 and have never seen us lose. Its a weird feeling

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users