204 replies to this topic

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

That is pretty harsh for a guy who bagged ~10 goals for us last season. I understand he had an unsustainable conversion rate and I have no illusions that he is anything more than a solid bench option on a team with serious title aspirations (we absolutely need an impact forward), but I dont think its fair to say he equates to playing a man down and should never see the pitch.

Very harsh indeed. Barlow and white are different players.

White is a good finisher and occupies the center backs. That will open things up for royer, valot, and Kaku. He will also take advantage of poaching opportunities. Dont forget his hold up play.

He got to get reps to score goals.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Parker is certainly not ready to contribute yet. Perhaps he missed a lot in training camp or whatever the reason may be, but with the way he played yesterday I would prefer Nealis. Hopefully he will get in better game shape as tournament goes along. 

Or we could just stay with Tarek who was probably the best of the 3 CBs that played yesterday...

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Id like to see a good amount of rotation and trying to give some of the fringe guys a shot to earn more minutes.

Jørgensen and White up top, give Valot a blow after playing 90 and sub Fernandez for him. CCJ and Lema at CM, maybe Egbo at RB.

No way. Dont forget these games count. Got to go with best 11.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

He was very opportunistic, I will give it to him, and yes I exaggerated when I said we are almost a man down. What I mean was that  with him on the pitch it is very hard for our midfield to maintain constant possession as he provides very little contribution in building possession or keeping the ball. He is far from a solid option off the bench. He is not creating free kicks, corners, not able to pass, maintain possession, or beat his man even occasionally. He overachieved last season when he got the ball in good spot to finish, but generally speaking, he should not be in the League. I hope he improved from what I have seen before, as he is relatively young, but he deserves harsh criticism that he gets.

But there is a place for and value in having a forward who is opportunistic and has a knack for poaching goals and finding themselves in the right spot on a consistent basis. Especially if it is in contrast to your other forward(s). I am totally fine with White as a bench option if we had a high impact, DP forward that exhibits all of the qualities you mentioned.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

He was very opportunistic, I will give it to him, and yes I exaggerated when I said we are almost a man down. What I mean was that  with him on the pitch it is very hard for our midfield to maintain constant possession as he provides very little contribution in building possession or keeping the ball. He is far from a solid option off the bench. He is not creating free kicks, corners, not able to pass, maintain possession, or beat his man even occasionally. He overachieved last season when he got the ball in good spot to finish, but generally speaking, he should not be in the League. I hope he improved from what I have seen before, as he is relatively young, but he deserves harsh criticism that he gets.

Umm 10 goals
If he converts who cares. Granted I dont think he does that again but 10 pro goals is more than many other forwards in the league who start full time

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Play white if hes available. Hes clearly the top of the depth chart. I have no idea why the love for Barlow, hes a solid backup but not near a starter. Why give Parker a start? Do we reward bad play on this team? Play the best available. If you beat CO we are pretty much assured of moving on.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Play white if hes available. Hes clearly the top of the depth chart. I have no idea why the love for Barlow, hes a solid backup but not near a starter. Why give Parker a start? Do we reward bad play on this team? Play the best available. If you beat CO we are pretty much assured of moving on.

Playing him following a horrible 7 minutes after nearly 4 months off is hardly rewarding bad play. You play Parker because he has a long track record of being a very good CB in this league and him playing at or near his best is the best iteration of this team. He was not at his best last year, but even that is still likely better than any alternative option we have. He was a train wreck last night, but people need to take a step back and breathe. If he needs more time to get into fitness and form, then fine. I doubt we were even going to see him last night if Pendant didnt need to be taken off.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Do we have any outstanding CBs in the academy pipeline?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

play Parker because he has a long track record of being a very good CB in this league ... He was not at his best last year ... He was a train wreck last night

Quite a contrast between the 1st sentence & the next 2.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Do we have any outstanding CBs in the academy pipeline?

pure homegrowns i dont think anyone is close.  Im interested to see if the Fala experiment works, like his traits.  

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

pure homegrowns i dont think anyone is close.  Im interested to see if the Fala experiment works, like his traits.  

Ugh.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Kilwein Boateng and Fala are the only CBs under contract with RB2. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Boateng was supposed to be the guy to groom for the first team but he barely got on the field last season.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

bad knee injury, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

This game could be complicated. A win would be good.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users