109 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

For anyone who was lucky enough NOT to attend the VIP Kick-off Party, here's what happened:

It all started off nicely enough. They brought all the Red Card holders who chose to attend to the Club Seats Lounge and we had our fill of free food (hot dogs, chicken fingers, potato salad, rice, potato chips, cookies, fresh fruit, etc.) and they had an open bar. When the game actually started, however, things went quickly downhill. Their DirecTV was on the fritz so the picture kept freezing as they continually lost the satellite signal. So, there were all these supposed VIPs there and nobody could watch the game. After halftime, they moved the viewing out to the Arena seating area and put the picture up on the jumbotron, but they neglected to pipe the audio over the stadium loudspeakers. Until the last ten minutes of the game, they played loud dance music instead.
Meanwhile, I thought I'd use halftime to browse the Bull Shop and maybe use my Red Card member 25% discount to pick up a few things. Unfortunately for me, they decided that the 25% discount wouldn't count until two weeks from now at the first home match of the season. What was the point of making everybody wait two weeks to get their discount? Everybody at the event was a Red Card holder!

Anyway, it was a very disappointing experience and if I had had any idea that this was going to happen, I would have just stayed home and watched on TV. At least I know my TV works properly at home.

Wow, I feel bad for you. Red Bulls employee's who troll these boards, don't try and stick up for this.

Chris Heck= LOSER

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Chris Heck has responded to the situation very quickly:

Dear irishapple21,

Let me begin by apologizing for the satellite TV problems caused by heavy winds at the top of Red Bull Arena.

We appreciate your passionate support as well as the time and effort you devoted on this Sunday to come and watch the team's 2012 Season Opener with us.

In an attempt to make up for this unfortunate experience, I would like to offer you two complimentary tickets to the March 31st match at Red Bull Arena for your friends and family, as well as access to an exclusive post game Q&A session with our Captain Thierry Henry after the home opener on March 25th. More details to follow.

On behalf of our organization, please accept my sincere apology and rest assured that we are committed to delivering the best customer service possible.

Kind regards,

Chris Heck
President, Business Operations
New York Red Bulls

I appreciate that he responded so quickly to my concerns. That shows he really wants to make an effort when things go wrong.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I appreciate that he responded so quickly to my concerns. That shows he really wants to make an effort when things go wrong.

Very nice.

Except I judge people by results, not apologies.

He ran a shit show event, period. Those are his results.

.....and he tried to pull a fast one on VIP's intentionally, by not offering the discount until later in the season.

I have no respect for him.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA
I'm just glad I didn't make the two hour drive. It was bad enough watching them lose at the Beir Garten!

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

So, there were all these supposed VIPs there and nobody could watch the game.

After halftime, they moved the viewing out to the Arena seating area and put the picture up on the jumbotron, but they neglected to pipe the audio over the stadium loudspeakers. Until the last ten minutes of the game, they played loud dance music instead.

Now THAT is what I call 'edgy' marketing :cool:

On the plus side for the apolgists though, it seems like DJ Solli has some competition :lol:
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull

For anyone who was lucky enough NOT to attend the VIP Kick-off Party, here's what happened:

It all started off nicely enough. They brought all the Red Card holders who chose to attend to the Club Seats Lounge and we had our fill of free food (hot dogs, chicken fingers, potato salad, rice, potato chips, cookies, fresh fruit, etc.) and they had an open bar. When the game actually started, however, things went quickly downhill. Their DirecTV was on the fritz so the picture kept freezing as they continually lost the satellite signal. So, there were all these supposed VIPs there and nobody could watch the game. After halftime, they moved the viewing out to the Arena seating area and put the picture up on the jumbotron, but they neglected to pipe the audio over the stadium loudspeakers. Until the last ten minutes of the game, they played loud dance music instead.
Meanwhile, I thought I'd use halftime to browse the Bull Shop and maybe use my Red Card member 25% discount to pick up a few things. Unfortunately for me, they decided that the 25% discount wouldn't count until two weeks from now at the first home match of the season. What was the point of making everybody wait two weeks to get their discount? Everybody at the event was a Red Card holder!

Anyway, it was a very disappointing experience and if I had had any idea that this was going to happen, I would have just stayed home and watched on TV. At least I know my TV works properly at home.

my freind, take solace in the fact you made me laugh my ass off :lol:

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

No one in their right mind would or should ever think doing anything with the official FO events is cool. Hope you learned your fucking lesson. At least the only people inconvenienced were the shit holes that bought season tickets this year instead of standing in solidarity against Heck with their brothers and sisters.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

No one in their right mind would or should ever think doing anything with the official FO events is cool. Hope you learned your fucking lesson. At least the only people inconvenienced were the shit holes that bought season tickets this year instead of standing in solidarity against Heck with their brothers and sisters.

Posted Image

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids

Chris Heck has responded to the situation very quickly:

I just got the same email from him... The discount thing was dumb....really dumb..The special was 40% off all-star merch...LOL The free drinks and being able to walk around the arena with the wife while watching the game was nice....There wasnt a cloud in the sky and the dishes went out....someone yelled Oh Shit solar Flares. ( not Soler's herpes..i chuckled in my head..probably shouda kept it there) I wouldnt call it VIP..maybe I.P since VERY important people get discounts and have working satellite feeds... Did I feel like a fancy man? No. I rarely do. But Overall it was a alright day out with some good conversation and free booze and food.
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros
The reason why there was no audio after halftime while watching in the arena seats is because we were actuallly watching the streaming of the game, and not the Directv footage. Once they figured out how to point the satellite, they switched it over to HD and piped the audio

I might want to also point out.. it was at this point the Redbulls actually started playing. Cooper sub.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

I quite enjoyed myself today, open bar and free food

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the shit holes that bought season tickets this year instead of standing in solidarity against Heck with their brothers and sisters.

Perhaps some day, a strong wind will blow that black cloud over your head away. :rolleyes:
How many comrades joined your protest?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Okay, let's see, free food, open bar (mind you, they could've just gave everyone bread, water and told us to "go fuck off" with a smile), met up with fellow STH's that I haven't seen since the playoffs, and as a bonus, thanks to miscue with an DirecTV antennae dish, scored some free tickets to a game on 30th for the family. Sorry, O-Sack, but this was a win for me and for those that came.

In addition, I understand your bitterness toward "The Brand", and everything that represents. But to sit in front of a keyboard and cowardly call fellow fans “shit holes” because they did not follow your agenda was just fucking infantile and out of line. Really man, let it go. We all know the team is not what and where it should be, we get that point. But, as I mentioned before, unless you have enough money (or the balls) to go build yourself a team from scratch like the cool kids in Salzburg did, then I suggest you curb the negativity or seek some professional help.

PS: Despite that, I’m still looking to buy you that beer I promised.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

RBNY 4 LIFE

RBNY 4 LIFE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Free good food and lots of beer, got together with friends, watched first half in the lounge, watched second half in the arena under the sun....not a bad day at all. 2 free tickets coming my way.

Yeah, what a horrible time for us STHs!

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Glad I skipped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users