our first win of the season.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal
Praying Harper is back. On form he should start ahead of Luqui if we are being honest

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
We created more chances in the 4-2-3-1 tonight. Morgan just looks better in it and he's out best offensive player until we see what Vanzeir really is.

Luq still hasn't been good enough but a little better. I'd have no problem with Harper starting over him. Also like CCJ starting higher up because he might be our most direct/best passer although that's kind of sad.

We need a 3rd CB as long as D Nealis is our next option because he's just not good enough.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Cant really play the 4-2-3-1 regularly unless you are going to change the style of play or use Vanzeir as a shadow striker/10 like they used Morgan tonight.

Irregardless Burke is a difference maker with his hold up play, would like to see him continue to get 55-65 minutes as regularly as possible.

Interesting decisions to be made with both the attacking midfield and central midfield spots.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We created more chances in the 4-2-3-1 tonight. Morgan just looks better in it and he's out best offensive player until we see what Vanzeir really is.

I saw a lot of people talking about the shape as a 4-2-3-1 but I think it was the same 4-2-2-2 with Morgan as a pure striker, combining with Burke and making runs behind the back line. Kinda reminded me of the times Royer would play striker, because he also suddenly forgot how to finish every time he did so despite being such a solid goalscorer from the midfield.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Yeah, it looked like a 4-2-2-2

Burke needs to start. He made so many good plays. Right now, I am not worried about the offense. It's a new formation and new attackers. I like morgan in that offensive role.

However, the only disappointment so far is that I dont see anything special abt vanzier. Maybe he is still adjusting. Idk.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I like the 2 striker idea.. Burke and Morgan up top and I think Omir should start on the right...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

------Vanzeir---Burke
---Morgan---------Luqui

---------CCJ----Amaya

Tolkin-Nealis-Reyes-Duncan

-----------Coronel

this is what i expect, think we need to get Vanzeir at least 35 mins here before the international break and then can finish getting him up to speed then.  If he doesnt start it will be same lineup as Minnesota.  If Harper is fit start him over Duncan or Luqui (prefer over duncan at this point) but he deserves to play.

Hopefully on a non ice box field can see our midfield continue to combine more on the ground.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

However, the only disappointment so far is that I dont see anything special abt vanzier. Maybe he is still adjusting. Idk.

Hes played 40 minutes.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Does Vanzeir look healthy to you guys? Some of the stuff he's trying to do with the ball, it looks to me like his brain is saying "you can usually do this" but his legs aren't keeping up. There was a play against Nashville where he tried to quickly turn towards the endline and just booted the ball straight out of bounds.

I think he'll get a few more sub appearances and hopefully hits his stride in April. This team already has a little bit of a hamstring crisis I don't imagine they're eager to have Dante reaggravate his so early in the season.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
He may not be fully healthy. He was out for 5 games before the transfer, I think.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Does Vanzeir look healthy to you guys? Some of the stuff he's trying to do with the ball, it looks to me like his brain is saying "you can usually do this" but his legs aren't keeping up. There was a play against Nashville where he tried to quickly turn towards the endline and just booted the ball straight out of bounds.

I think he'll get a few more sub appearances and hopefully hits his stride in April. This team already has a little bit of a hamstring crisis I don't imagine they're eager to have Dante reaggravate his so early in the season.

I was expecting him to him to be fast and aggressive. He hasnt shown that yet. I am not sure if he is not 100% or if that is who he is.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Hes played 40 minutes.

It's okay to be critical of a guy. Him and manuel played the same amount of minutes last game and manuel had a really nice set up.

Burke also had limited minutes in the first game and he showed his quality.

It's fair to say that he has not earned any extra minutes.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
If the guy is healthy he will be playing, however leave it up to RBNY to sign a DP who will be a non factor due to a nagging injury for the first 10 games or so of the season.

Either way, the attack dies without Burke and Barlow is not a sufficient backup with regard to hold up play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users