18 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

IMO Pendant was very not good. Maybe people see something I dont. Hopefully. Really very a lot mucho hopefully.

Cause if you cant count on either Pendant or Tolkin and if outside back is supposedly soooooo important in our system then WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SITTING ON OUR HANDS?

We aren't sitting on our hands.   We are keeping our hands busy making ridiculous low ball offers.  https://www.onceamet...h-aik-eric-kahl

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
They attempted a move for another LB, idk if they have a list of targets or just a specific 1 or 2.

Seems like they have adapted better under Thelwell in pivoting to other targets in some situations, but for a team that is so selective in the transfer market with who they want to bring in they arent aggressive enough with their budget to bring those players in.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We aren't sitting on our hands.   We are keeping our hands busy making ridiculous low ball offers.  https://www.onceamet...h-aik-eric-kahl

And yet, Haksa, Kahl, and that Portuguese dude are still at their original clubs... a bid is only low if another team makes a higher one. 

Who says this kid Kahl kid is worth 2.4MM? During Covid? Maybe he is, maybe he's not. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

And yet, Haksa, Kahl, and that Portuguese dude are still at their original clubs... a bid is only low if another team makes a higher one. 

Who says this kid Kahl kid is worth 2.4MM? During Covid? Maybe he is, maybe he's not. 

The team that owns him says that's what he's worth, and if they aren't willing to sell for less, then that's all that matters.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

The team that owns him says that's what he's worth, and if they aren't willing to sell for less, then that's all that matters.

Sure, but doesn't mean they are correct. Transfermarket (for what its worth) lists Kahl at $1MM - much closer to the RB reported bid of $600k than the $2.4MM AIK wants. The selling model (the only model that we can use) requires that you sell players on for larger transfer fees. 

If Haksa was sold a week later for $5MM, then I'd say RB did have a lowball offer. He wasn't so its tough to say.  

RB way overpaid for Jorgenson ($2MM), Kaku ($6MM), and Veron ($2MM) - I dont think it is bad that Thelwell places a valuation on player and is ok walking away from the table.

Also, I think its more "shameful" on AIK that it describes a bid as shameful than RB making a bid at $600k. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

You can argue about who's valuation is more accurate, but the disappointing piece is that it looks like we are still very much only looking for diamonds in the rough. I was really hoping with Thelwell and Struber on board, Red Bull would open the checkbook and just let them spend fair market price on the players they want. 

If you have $600k to spend on a leftback, at some point you have to just go get a leftback that's worth $600k. If you're holding out until a club is, for whatever reason, willing to sell you a player worth multiple times that, then odds are good you end the off-season without a new player altogether. That's what has been happening the last couple seasons.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
No reported fee on the Pendant signing from last winter, but it seems like they are trying to find a young upgrade for a similar or slightly higher transfer fee.

Not realistic, imo

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Garbage club things.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Or better yet, I was really hoping with Thelwell and Struber on board, Red Bull would open the checkbook and just let them spend fair market price on the player they want. 

Based on not much, I do think the checkbook will open, but they are always going to look for players who they think will appreciate in value. Maybe if you get a positive net flow year after year, Papa will let some money be spent on a player who will depreciate (i.e. a player in their prime, or just after prime).  

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Garbage club things.

Maybe - but I'd rather a swing and a miss at $600k, then we seal the deal at $2MM and he's a bust. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Perhaps we should have offered 600,000 cans of Red Bull, with a retail value of $2,400,000.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Maybe - but I'd rather a swing and a miss at $600k, then we seal the deal at $2MM and he's a bust. 

A bust is a bust any any price, but I'd rather over pay then get nothing

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

You can argue about who's valuation is more accurate, but the disappointing piece is that it looks like we are still very much only looking for diamonds in the rough. I was really hoping with Thelwell and Struber on board, Red Bull would open the checkbook and just let them spend fair market price on the players they want.

If you have $600k to spend on a leftback, at some point you have to just go get a leftback that's worth $600k. If you're holding out until a club is, for whatever reason, willing to sell you a player worth multiple times that, then odds are good you end the off-season without a new player altogether. That's what has been happening the last couple seasons.

BuT wE pAiD tWo MiLlIoN fOr StRuBeR

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

BuT wE pAiD tWo MiLlIoN fOr StRuBeR

Red Bull paid 2 million for Struber, RBNY didnt.

RBNYs ambition doesnt match the rest of the Red Bull sporting network.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
The other red bull teams do the same thing.

The big difference is that Salzburgs youth academy is amazing. And salzburg spends money 500k-3m on transfers for youth players

We are bidding that much on guys who have been journeyman with some potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users