60 replies to this topic

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I know it was a shitty season, amongst the many we have had over time, but I find it laughable how some keyboard pundits fancy themselves more knowledgeable than someone who actually has a UEFA coaching license.

Could we have used better prospects/players in two transfer windows? Absolutely! But i also know that if I was given his position I would have no idea where to start and the team would be in much worse shape. Something about walking in someone elses shoes

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts
  • Supports:Metro

thewell

Id rather we fired the people who hired him.

The same people who allowed Armas to take over the job after they pulled a winning manager away from us during a winning season.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Metro

NYRB2 was built out as intended for this season they wanted to push a lot of young kids they also got screwed by visa issues

This strategy has done wonders for North Carolina fc who finished cellar of usl 1. look at fc Dallas they are the Red Bull’s of the west no mls cup this strong desire to develop youth and look where it got their first team, below the playoff line. Fc Dallas are better than us at developing youth even, The only difference is their fans recognize it’s not a winning strategy at this time in mls to only be youth focused and are fed up.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Aaron Long for tearing his Achilles. Wed be going to the MLS cup final if he didnt get hurt.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,073 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Aaron Long for tearing his Achilles. Wed be going to the MLS cup final if he didnt get hurt.

Defense wasn't our problem

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
Unless they don't take training seriously, giving bum for being injured is HARSH.

RED. BULL. OUT.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Danny Royer for ageing.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Is this sarcastic?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,073 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Is this sarcastic?

damn... I didn't even consider that

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

our offense looks horrible without a striker with movement and willingness to run the channels like Klimala.  The system is annoying but it is what it is.  

The problem is the offense also looks horrible with a striker with the movement and willingness to run the channels like Klimala.  It looks horrible with or without him, just in different ways.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Has to be RB global for treating the team like an afterthought for the last few years.... not really a question in my mind. I don't expect perfection, but I expect effort to win. Since pulling Marsch mid-season, RB has shown that they do not value winning as much as I do. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Has to be RB global for treating the team like an afterthought for the last few years.... not really a question in my mind. I don't expect perfection, but I expect effort to win. Since pulling Marsch mid-season, RB has shown that they do not value winning as much as I do. 

personally i dont think RB global is truly about winning at any of their clubs, they just want to be competitive with the top.  Only difference is they have so much more from a resource perspective in Austria that it doesnt matter. 

For example: RBS has sold several of their best players mid season in January almost every year.    RBL sold their best player last season (imo) to Bayern this offseason by choice lol

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

personally i dont think RB global is truly about winning at any of their clubs, they just want to be competitive with the top.  Only difference is they have so much more from a resource perspective in Austria that it doesnt matter. 

For example: RBS has sold several of their best players mid season in January almost every year.    RBL sold their best player last season (imo) to Bayern this offseason by choice lol

in Salzburg resources were earned they routinely sell double if not 3/4 more than they spend

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

in Salzburg resources were earned they routinely sell double if not 3/4 more than they spend

I agree that RB global probably views it this way, but they are wealthy and have sucked at developing enough talent in MLS relative to Salzburg (because maybe it's not as easy as Salzburg) and then say we can't buy good players, because not enough good players have been developed for sale. It is a double whammy.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Salzburg sold fucking Haland to Dortmund. If they cared about winning, he'd be locked into a Leipzig contract until 2025.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users