31 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
12 games or so in...i still don't get the Miller hate or understand the underrating on the match ratings. He is pretty damn good IMO. Is there some other MLS left back out there that is better?
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
He just gets caught out of position on the defensive end too much. when he gets the ball around half or in the attacking half of the field he's fine. He also doesn't have the speed to keep up with a lot of the wingers in the league. He's not terrible, but he certainly gets defensively exposed a lot.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
After a shaky start today, he looked real good. Made Salinas look like a fool with some nifty interceptions, almost scored. Played OK so far this year. We'll need him to be good this month, looks like he might be up to it.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
He's played well the past few games.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
I like Miller, but his defensive positioning is what hurts him.

He was good today. He was off to a terrible start the first 20 or so minutes -- got burned repeatedly by Salinas -- but after that, he played a nearly impeccable game. He gets a good mark IMO.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

enzo411

enzo411

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Supports:Penarol SanLorenzo InterMilan RB
garbage, total garbage. you cant polish a turd

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
I like him too he's our Ashley Cole.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
I like Roy Miller. Also, don't refer to people as 'tards. I don't know who you are or your level of intellect, but using language like that doesn't bode well for you.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I still think he drifts too far forward, but overall i think he's been pretty good this year, and a huge improvement over last year. I wouldn't put him amongst the league best, but certainly enough to be a steady starter.

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
As I have said before too many people here with Yankee fan mentality here. They think we should have a DP caliber at every position. Miller may not be an all star but he is a more than competent MLS player. He should be appreciated more than he is.

ssalgnogniwehc

ssalgnogniwehc

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

As I have said before too many people here with Yankee fan mentality here. They think we should have a DP caliber at every position. Miller may not be an all star but he is a more than competent MLS player. He should be appreciated more than he is.

The way I see it is that this team's starting lineup is the strongest it's ever been, and one could go position by position pointing struggling to think of a better option. Henry + Rodgers/Agudelo, DeRo, Lindpere and (the much improved) Richards on the wings, Tainio and Solli, Ream and Marquez... these are all guys capable of making a run for the MLS All-Star team.

Not counting our keeper situation, where the "ideal" stops is with Miller, who gets caught out of position often enough to be responsible for an occasional loss. It's not so much that he's bad, because people who think that are very wrong IMO, but it's that on this all-star team, he's clearly not one.

The criticism should calm down in June when he's not the seemingly weak link, but that doesn't mean that a) there may not be a better option out there b) Miller is an amazing outside back.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

I like Roy Miller. Also, don't refer to people as 'tards. I don't know who you are or your level of intellect, but using language like that doesn't bode well for you.

Whatever you say mongoloid.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Whatever you say mongoloid.

You should put a comma in there, but you went with an insult with some historical context.

Posted Image

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
This 'tard still thinks he's a liability.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

RBNY 4 LIFE

RBNY 4 LIFE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Too bad his shot didn't go vs Vancouver...he drilled that. But yeah he is a liability because he doesn't seem to be the most intelligent player at times. The hate comes from him being our weak link. There is a lot of talent around him and he happens to stand out more often than not. But at the same time, there aren't many LBs in MLS better than him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users