#31 Sixkick

Sixkick

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:19 AM

Holy shit, that was nuts!

Anybody see Dennis Green's postgame conference? I would hate to be in that lockerroom.

#32 pezkoreaddict

pezkoreaddict

Pezkore Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire - Ultras Red Side

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:20 AM

Green had a right to be pissed off. Leinart, who I really hated when he was at USC, I have to admit, played a good game for a rookie, and will be a great QB. Also, Green should be mad at himself in a way. Instead of running the ball the last few plays, he should have taken a shot at the endzone or kept passing the ball. Yea, it was more high risk, but you just drove the ball down the field on all passing plays, and the Bears were not stopping you. So that one falls on his shoulders.

However, I hope now the stupid sports media will shut the fuck up about the Bears going to the Superbowl. They haven't even made the playoffs, let alone win a playoff game. The Bears defense, awesome. The Bears offense, I still believe is a work in progress. We have not played the most stellar defenses in the past few games. They need to take it game by game, and focus on the task at hand, rather than think this team gets an automatic pass to the Superbowl. Can anyone say "Philly"?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bears, and want them to win, but I'm sick of the media hype. And is it just me, or is anyone else sick of the MNF commentary crew? If I hear one more thing about Tony Kornheiser's fantasy team, I'm gonna hack into his computer, and trade his entire team for 3rd string backups.

BTW, I thouht Hester was going to give me a heart attack on the kick return...

#33 irishoutsider

irishoutsider

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts
  • Supports:ND, Chicago Fire, Liverpool FC, US

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

I hope Matt Leinart is broken for life. I want to see a PA lose their job by leaking his "wired up" mic tape onto the internet. I would pay money for this.

The Bears face a very rough November, so everyone just calm down. Even if the first 5 games were a fluke on offense, expectations should be lowered as Rex is concerned. I really want this to just be "a bad day" and hope he doesnt have too many more.

The timing with Studio 60 did work out perfectly. Turn it on when you think the game is over, then back to the Bears for the thrilling conclusion, missing only an hour of hair-pulling offensive futility in the meantime.

#34 Murtaugh

Murtaugh

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,856 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

I love Kornheiser. LOVE. He's awesome.

#35 Shanks

Shanks

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

What a great game. Went to Legends at U of I to watch the game (got soaked on the walk over) and on the way home my roommate dove in a huge puddle on the Engineering Quad. Fantastic night.... god I wish I'd have brought my camera

Grossman needs to get it back together next week though. The defense can't win EVERY game for us

#36 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

My fave Kornheiser comment came with about 5 minutes left something along the lines of "If the Cardinals blow this game, they should give the land back to whoever owned it before them, close the dome, and turn this place into a pizza haven. Call it quits for the year."

#37 projectmayhem

projectmayhem

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Bears

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:29 PM

Holy shit, that was nuts!
Anybody see Dennis Green's postgame conference? I would hate to be in that lockerroom.

That was the funniest shit I've heard in a looong time. Why the hell would he bring up the pre-season? He must be confused and thinks that those games count for something. Dennis Green is a tool...and then today they fire their offensive coordinator for "not scoring enough points"? Dennis was right about one thing though. The Bears are what he thought they were: a 6-0 team who played like crap but still beat his team. His ass should be out the door if they lose to Oakland next week.

As for the MNF team, I've always hated Theisman. He's a total jag. I'd love if every game LT would sneak into the booth and spear his ass to the ground. I think the only announcers I've hated more through the years were Dan Dierdorf and Paul Maguire.

#38 Armani

Armani

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Interests:long walks on the beach and sitting under the stars o ya and chasing cbus fans out of parking lots.
  • Supports:Chicago fire

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:02 PM

completly rediculas!

#39 nsh03

nsh03

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:Man Utd-Fire-Timbers-Rangers-USMNT

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:36 AM

As for the MNF team, I've always hated Theisman. He's a total jag. I'd love if every game LT would sneak into the booth and spear his ass to the ground. I think the only announcers I've hated more through the years were Dan Dierdorf and Paul Maguire.

Ouch! :blink:

I don't blame Green at all for being pissed. The game was theirs to lose, and somehow they found a way to blow it. You have to feel for a guy who prepped his team as well has he had to have for them to jump out to that lead, and then watch them squander it with turnovers and failure on special teams. I'd be pretty fired up too if I were him! I was kinda surprsied to see them can the Offensive Coordinator though... I kinda figured Rackers would be the one to take the fall, or perhaps the Special Teams coach since his boys didn't exactly sparkle and shine there at the end.

#40 Shanks

Shanks

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:51 AM

In case you missed his bitchfest:

#41 fireman451

fireman451

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire Soccer Club ****

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

BEAR DOWN MF's!!! At least our BEARS are kicking ass!!!

Posted Image
Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

#42 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

CHITOWN BEATDOWN!

#43 WB05 Karl

WB05 Karl

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:gonzo art criticism, boozes, chicago punk rock, throwing stuff of porches, ruining people's parties, stuff that's loud, Patrick Nagel
  • Supports:the goddamn chicago fire

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:25 PM

BEARS!!!
:::democracy is not a happy idealistic society were everything is free hugs and freebasing coke in stairwells while police watch (that happens in frankfurt germany). it has it's ups and downs like everything. - WB05 Brandon:::

jawbreaker, constantly.

#44 bahns82

bahns82

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Supports:cfsc

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:05 AM

the miami dolphins?
The WB05 Zine. Undeniably overdue.

#45 pezkoreaddict

pezkoreaddict

Pezkore Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire - Ultras Red Side

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:16 PM

that's what happens when you put pressure on Grossman. Turnovers galore. With Berrian out 2-4 weeks, and Urlacher's unknown status, don't be suprised to see the Giants win this coming Sunday. i bet the blitz every play to see if Grossman has anyone to throw too. Gage and Muhammed have been dropping passes left and right. Plus Gage's fumble after the catch really screwed them.

the Bears still have a good shot (at the playoffs... don't even mention the SB word like most people have already), but need some serious offensive consistancy, quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users