• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Agreed. No offense to Connor, but he is 6 years older and 5 inches shorter than Murillo.

When you get a new coach there is always going to be a different view point on players.  I was just hoping that he had a lesser view point of Muyl.  Didn't expect him to think more of Lade and less of Murillo.  

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

jeez, am i reading this correctly that Armas rates Connor M-F-ing Lade higher than Murillo, an MLS all star, World Cup veteran, and likely target to play in Europe?? If so I am officially off the team Armas bandwagon. I am actually now praying that Murillo is halfway out the door to Europe and that is why he didn't play against the blue team. The alternative explanation (Armas rates Lade higher than Murillo) is so absurd that I refuse to believe it.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,600 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

When you get a new coach there is always going to be a different view point on players.  I was just hoping that he had a lesser view point of Muyl.  Didn't expect him to think more of Lade and less of Murillo.  

Sure, but this isn't a matter of equal players with different styles, Murillo is better in just about every facet of the game. 

Hopefully this isn't a matter of Armas feeling the need to shake things up just to prove he's the new boss in town. I wouldn't think so given how long he's already been in town.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
I mean there was a parade in Panama for the team midweek. I think murillo and Escobar were both there. That's a lot of traveling

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,029 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

there was a parade in Panama ... midweek. I think murillo and Escobar were both there. That's a lot of traveling

Then say that!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Then say that!

Totally, that makes a lot of sense.  Armas just scared me by saying that it's a close call between Lade and Murillo.  Because it shouldn't be.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Its taking a big leap to say Armas rates Lade over Murillo based on those comments. I think Armas was comfortable playing Lade because hes been playing decently and Murillo had just returned to the team after a lot of travel and what was probably the greatest couple of weeks of his life.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Its taking a big leap to say Armas rates Lade over Murillo based on those comments. I think Armas was comfortable playing Lade because hes been playing decently and Murillo had just returned to the team after a lot of travel and what was probably the greatest couple of weeks of his life.

It's exactly what Armas said.  I took him literally.  If Armas had qualified the comment by mentioning travel and just coming back, then fine.  After watching the guy avoid making any substitutes in that game yesterday (given the style we play) and seeming pretty aloof after what was a rough loss is enough for me to question his actual thoughts on anything.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

It's exactly what Armas said.  I took him literally.  If Armas had qualified the comment by mentioning travel and just coming back, then fine.  After watching the guy avoid making any substitutes in that game yesterday (given the style we play) and seeming pretty aloof after what was a rough loss is enough for me to question his actual thoughts on anything.  

Murillo was always going to be questionable for this game because theres so much going on with him right now (travel, potential transfer). Armas played his backup and said he did so because the backup had been playing well. Taking what Armas said without any context of the situation isnt fair.

If Murillo is here, and healthy, after the transfer window and Lade is still starting, then you can get an Armas (and me for being wrong).

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

i get why he started Muyl for the purpose of weathering the storm and being secure to begin the game.  But once the 60th minute comes and we are getting a grip in the game, not making the sub is playing scared.  Not enough technique on pitch to score a goal not generated by the press and NYCFC was a lot smarter in not forcing themselves to play out of the back.  

Our season will come down to either Royer getting his s**t together or finding someone else who can 

Muyl = weather the storm

Etienne = bring the storm, muddafuckas! 

This team is superior to NYC, take it to them every time. Especially without Villa.

I was never fully sold on Royer being an adequate replacement to Sam, and still am not. He can score sometimes, and help posses, but the team just needs much more out of that slot if the other side is always gonna be a homegrown (pero what happened to Mines time?). Kaku out wide, with a bigger stronger TAM / DP kind of player in the CAM spot = nutmeg city and a cup run. KEVIN. PRINCE. BOATENG. Or similar.

Even excellent attacking duos can be shut down, especially on a postage stamp pitch. A trio of excellent attackers will stay scoring. See: ATL.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Muyl = weather the storm
Etienne = bring the storm, muddafuckas! 

This team is superior to NYC, take it to them every time. Especially without Villa.

I was never fully sold on Royer being an adequate replacement to Sam, and still am not. He can score sometimes, and help posses, but the team just needs much more out of that slot if the other side is always gonna be a homegrown (pero what happened to Mines time?). Kaku out wide, with a bigger stronger TAM / DP kind of player in the CAM spot = nutmeg city and a cup run. KEVIN. PRINCE. BOATENG. Or similar.

Even excellent attacking duos can be shut down, especially on a postage stamp pitch. A trio of excellent attackers will stay scoring. See: ATL.

KPB just signed with Sassuolo last week. He's sadly not available anymore.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Field is probably a good shout, not a single player on either team could keep their footing on the turf laid over the infield. 

that infield grass is terrible. Guys could be wearing crampons and theyd still fall over.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I mean there was a parade in Panama for the team midweek. I think murillo and Escobar were both there. That's a lot of traveling

Geez, unless he had to run the length of the parade route, not sure Im buying travel as an excuse. Its not like he had a midweek game.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

Geez, unless he had to run the length of the parade route, not sure Im buying travel as an excuse. Its not like he had a midweek game.

He was on the other side of the world for 3 World Cup games, likely went straight back to Panama with their team, then finally didnt return to our team until likely Thursday or Friday. Id say its pretty reasonable to keep him on the bench last night.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

He was on the other side of the world for 3 World Cup games, likely went straight back to Panama with their team, then finally didnt return to our team until likely Thursday or Friday. Id say its pretty reasonable to keep him on the bench last night.

He was suspended after their second game on June 24 and they were already eliminated.  Why would it take him another 11-12 days to come back from Russia?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users