189 replies to this topic

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

They say defenses win championships. If we don't win an MLS Cup with 3 defender of year candidates and Murillo who has adapted to MLS quite well and would take over any RB in the league (except maybe Adams), I don't know when else will be our time. 

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They say defenses win championships. 

Well if our offense plays like that again well need our defenders to score all the goals!

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Well if our offense plays like that again well need our defenders to score all the goals!

Yep, were due for a Lawrence and Murillo goals....

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

need our defenders to score all the goals!

Came close in Cbus with that header from Parker against the inside of the post.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

Came close in Cbus with that header from Parker against the inside of the post.

That one stings even more than the BWP header, as I replay those chances in my head. BWPs was at least a great save by an excellent keeper. Parkers had him beat, it was just pure bad luck.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Happy he got it in that it should help a little in the renegotiation with Parker.  Then again, will hurt in the negotiation with Long.

Worth saying I don't necessarily think he's our best.  Taxi is purely the best, and then I prefer Parker over Long.  Long is very good though and I hope we can keep all 3 of them.

A lot of top center-back pairings have the same dynamic. One is big, fast, strong, a physical specimen. The other is the brains of the operation, better at passing and reading the play.

I think you need both types to have the best pairing possible. Two brains are overly passive (Ream+Marquez) and two brawns can be messy 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

A lot of top center-back pairings have the same dynamic. One is big, fast, strong, a physical specimen. The other is the brains of the operation, better at passing and reading the play.

I think you need both types to have the best pairing possible. Two brains are overly passive (Ream+Marquez) and two brawns can be messy 

Holgersson and Olave during the 2013 Shield season is a great example

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Holgersson and Olave during the 2013 Shield season is a great example

Miazga/Perinelle not to the same extent, but are similar as well.  Except since YMM was still getting those technical skills, it also involved DP picking up like a million yellows to make sure Miazga wasn't hung out to dry.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Miazga/Perinelle not to the same extent, but are similar as well.  Except since YMM was still getting those technical skills, it also involved DP picking up like a million yellows to make sure Miazga wasn't hung out to dry.

Perrinelle running something like a 10-second 40 probably also contributed to that

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
So the club tells the USMNT no right? Can't risk getting some of the most important players injured in these meaningless friendlies.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Would be nice to have the chance to be upset about this next week.

Rant away!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Rant away!

At most they should play 45 mins in the first game, and then be let go early. Anything more than that would be unreasonable to me.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Yeah, I'm going to be pissed if they're gassed in two weeks after playing in meaningless friendlies for a lame duck interim coach.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
There is no way our best guys go play a meaningless testimonial game

Edit IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

Theres no way they even go right?

FWIW

Portland and Atlanta have players for USMNT.

Paraguay has a match in South Africa, I can't see who made that squad but again ATL have Almiron and Villalba while we have Kaku.

Murillo and Escobar both got called for Panama. and I checked martinet got called to venezuela with matches in Japan and Qatar, Its 12 and I'm not checking every one but I'm assuming the same rule will apply for everything, I hope no MLS guys left go anywhere, esp for friendlies in all corners of the world.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users