512 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

No joke here, we need to start Rzatkowski for energy and pace along with Adams. Davis is too slow and has been offering nothing, sideways passes are going to be no good Sunday. Can't play someone for a good corner. 

No issue with the suggestion of starting RZA over Davis. The idea that Davis shouldnt get near the pitch is just dumb though. Davis is a big, if not necessarily flashy, part of the midfield engine. RZA is good though and I would have no problem with him starting or coming on early for Sean.

Regardless of your opinion on Davis we might want to think about why exactly Rzatkowski never saw the field in the away leg. Ivan came on as the first sub. IVAN. And we only used two subs...

I think Armas went with Ivan because hes more of a true winger than RZA and thats where the game was for the taking. Not agreeing with the decision, just trying to make sense of who Armas went with.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

take a defender off and go 3 in the back? 

What? Do not mess with the back four!
If RB concede an away goal, the mountain just gets that much higher.
Easier to keep a clean sheet and score once, or hopefully twice, than allow one and try to score three.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think Armas went with Ivan because hes more of a true winger than RZA and thats where the game was for the taking. Not agreeing with the decision, just trying to make sense of who Armas went with.

Biggest question is why not both? Davis was okay but far from killing it, and even if he does have a good shot like someone mentioned, he hasn't really used it for a long time, and definitely not last week.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Biggest question is why not both? Davis was okay but far from killing it, and even if he does have a good shot like someone mentioned, he hasn't really used for a long time, and definitely not last week.

Yea, unless he was injured, hard to understand why RZA wasnt subbed on.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Supports:Metro

unless he was injured, hard to understand why RZA wasnt subbed on.

Hm. Yes.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,104 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He was held out of the regular season finale. Probably not 100%.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Scoreboard scenarios: https://www.mlssocce...mpaign=11082018

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

Scoreboard scenarios: https://www.mlssocce...mpaign=11082018

I saw that but didn't want to drag that up again, stupid away goals rule.

I like what's going on in the seattle-portland game right now, tied on away goals in extra time, so the goals all count the same.

That can only happen in this game if it's 1-0 NY after 90.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I saw that but didn't want to drag that up again, stupid away goals rule.

I like what's going on in the seattle-portland game right now, tied on away goals in extra time, so the goals all count the same.

That can only happen in this game if it's 1-0 NY after 90.

It's just insane, the away goals rule. An inferior team in Columbus scores one goal, and all of the sudden they get this incredible advantage for the second leg.

Fans need to start putting pressure on Garber and the league to drop this bullshit.

Not only is it unextremely unfair, but it makes trying to explain the different scenarios way more confusing than it needs to be.

"The series would end if the result Sunday was 2-1, since Columbus has the away goals tiebreaker, but it would go to OT if it was 1-0 Red Bull, and once we get to OT the tiebreaker no longer counts anymore, so the game couldn't end in a draw then regardless of how many are scored..." -- what??? If you say that to people they will look confused.

Plus -- attendance and ratings in those unnecessary first legs weren't great. Teams can only market these games for a couple days.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball

This time we dominate at home, blow Columbus away and continue our trip to win our first MLS Championship.   This is our year!

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

It's just insane, the away goals rule. An inferior team in Columbus scores one goal, and all of the sudden they get this incredible advantage for the second leg.

Fans need to start putting pressure on Garber and the league to drop this bullshit.

Watch us lose by away goals and the league switch it so that the higher seed wins in tie...

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Watch us lose by away goals and the league switch it so that the higher seed wins in tie...

All I want is single game elimination at the highest seed. The NFL does it great. Use that model.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I hope they practice pks

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

All I want is single game elimination at the highest seed. The NFL does it great. Use that model.

Especially if the plan is to expand the teams whom will participate in the MLS playoffs. The league needs to strongly reconsider these two-legged series. Unless they reduce the amount of games teams play in the regular season.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

You joke, but if you remember 2013 against Houston - after the 2nd leg we were tied on Aggregate but up on away goals. There was no away goals rule at the time, and we lost in extra time. The next season they implemented the away goals rule. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users