69 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Just posting into the ether - perhaps someone in RB org will hear/care. 

It's really crappy how silent this team has become. Is this the worst year yet? I know media coverage is low, but last year we got "2-3 key acquisitions are planned" from Thelwell. This year feels like a complete guessing game. 

I know you don't want to set up expectations and then not achieve, but if they value the die hards so little anyway, why not toss us a non-specific nugget? If they don't care if we know their plans, then why would they care what we think about them? 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,727 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Just posting into the ether - perhaps someone in RB org will hear/care. 

It's really crappy how silent this team has become. Is this the worst year yet? I know media coverage is low, but last year we got "2-3 key acquisitions are planned" from Thelwell. This year feels like a complete guessing game. 

I know you don't want to set up expectations and then not achieve, but if they value the die hards so little anyway, why not toss us a non-specific nugget? If they don't care if we know their plans, then why would they care what we think about them? 

They are setting records for Instagram posts, so I don't know what you are complaining about

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Trust the process blah blah blah.

Clark and Long are coming back so its like new signings or something blah blah

#runwithus

LONG LIVE METRO

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

They are setting records for Instagram posts, so I don't know what you are complaining about

I read this with sarcasm, but I'm not a big instagramer even if you meant earnestly. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Its ok, its not like other teams are doing anything

https://twitter.com/...9538826244?s=21

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The issue might be a Red Bull ownership thing. They clearly dont know what American sports fans value with non game/match content.

Other teams get innovative, give preseason perks, stream matches, engage the fans in a variety of arenas. Red Bull has only gone backwards in this area over the last few years, I dont get it.

Last year Thelwell and Struber had media availability prior to the first training session. This year they havent spoken on the record once, its not natural and not good.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,727 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Its ok, its not like other teams are doing anything

https://twitter.com/...9538826244?s=21

TBF, that's pretty much a Luquinhas equivalent move

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

maybe we'll get to see the team in the 3 preseason matches in california since it's a competent organization running the show and not red bull

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

maybe we'll get to see the team in the 3 preseason matches in california since it's a competent organization running the show and not red bull

Apparently not

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

Apparently not

damn really?

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

We can only hope that the Supporter Groups band together to protest, in a constructive manner, to get the point across to Austria. Silence from the core of the "hardcores" will only enable the RB mothership to continue to treat us like the red-headed step-child that came along in the divorce!! I don't want ESC or Viking Army to get their privilege's revoked, but we need to provide a united front against the complete disrespect we all get as a fanbase at this point!

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

TBF, that's pretty much a Luquinhas equivalent move

Sure - but I think RB has been silent on even looking for a CAM like player. That's my real gripe. I understand not wanted to show your hand in a negotiation, but at this stage everyone has confirmed it but RB. I can deal with things falling through.

Not sure how it benefits them to be silent. 

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Sure - but I think RB has been silent on even looking for a CAM like player. That's my real gripe. I understand not wanted to show your hand in a negotiation, but at this stage everyone has confirmed it but RB. I can deal with things falling through.

Not sure how it benefits them to be silent. 

why would the team confirm something that is not yet a done deal. Its close but they wont talk until it gets over the line.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

why would the team confirm something that is not yet a done deal. Its close but they wont talk until it gets over the line.

Like this: "We are looking for some help from outside the organization in the central attacking area of the midfield. We have few targets and hope to get it over the line by the beginning of the season."

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,758 posts

Seriously, teams never comment on incoming players until the deal is done.

But the coverage of players already here? Of preseason itself? Absolute shit. Here, read this official summaries from

2004: http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=1729

2007: http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=4194

2010: http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=5322

2015: http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=6361

and compare to the shit we have now.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users