Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we've all blocked it out or our memory. imagine what NYCFC fan felt after last saturday's Red Bull Wedding...this time we were on the losing side.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

I hope we get Don Bosco FC and trick some folks from Bergen County into buying tix.

Paramus Catholic SC would just buy their players.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I hope we get Don Bosco FC and trick some folks from Bergen County into buying tix.

If we get Police United FC people might show up to the game expecting us to play a charity match vs Harrison and Newark Police Department. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

We lost to a team from T&T that bad?

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

We lost to a team from T&T that bad?

I think it was 3-1 on agg? Anyways, to lazy to look it up on MF.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

What happened?

This: http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=5201

Then I think we lost 0-1 in the return leg or something.

Metro Red

Metro Red

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Liverpool

Paramus Catholic SC would just buy their players.

Lol from a fellow RU fan/alum

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
We tied the first leg 2-2, took a 1-0 lead at home and then proceeded to concede 2 goals to lose. Keep in mind that a 1-1 draw would've seen us advance. This was the nadir of the 2009 season.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

We tied the first leg 2-2, took a 1-0 lead at home and then proceeded to concede 2 goals to lose. Keep in mind that a 1-1 draw would've seen us advance. This was the nadir of the 2009 season.

Jonathan Fana.

%#}<£#|{~<%

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

and it wasn't a pro team, iirc. they had semi-pros on that squad...and they got the result. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

What happened?

Well let's see...

It was an August weeknight if I recall correctly. Sparta Metro Firm due to our high school student/not full-time workforce status decided we would head down early. It was also a warm night and time to show our style. We talked Matador aka El Braneckito into commandeering his Mom's yellow Volkswagen Beetle convertible. We were all so excited for our big day that I called upon my high school alcohol contact and procured one 12 pack of beer. :pint:  I remember having one extra beer stashed at home, which might have been one just too many. Anyways this is SMF we're talking about and despite our age and relative green status we still were bringing the grill, burgers, snacks, and were ready for the midweek tailgate. 

This was the 2nd leg of our qualification tie to get into the group stage of CCL (after being MLS Cup runners up the year before). As far as I can remember this was our first time in the CCL. For us young Metro fans mired in the middle of an absolutely abysmal season, we were finally excited and dreaming of Continental glory. Hell we were playing a team of semi-pros, guys who worked at the ports and fished for a living. We even won the first leg 1-0. It was going to be a party!

SMF was so excited to roll into 16A in style and show everyone how badass we were packing myself, Matador, and two of the SMF reserves into the yellow Beetle. We had our supplies (10MAC of course), it was a nice day and we rolled down early. So early in fact we were the first people to Giants Stadium. A rare treat for those most dedicated of 16A lot rats. Well so much for rolling in like a bunch of bosses. Matador made some weak racing turns around the lot and we decided to set up camp.

El Braneckito must have finally turned 17 and was stuck with a lot of driving duties before The Zensation got his license. So in his ultimate wisdom, Matador did not want any beer. The reserves were young, and from some classically stiff Sparta families. They didn't want any of the beers. So there I was. Eighteen-years-old with my a whole 12 pack of Yuengling and our bonus unknown beer. As the hours passed by, the calls of 10 MAC resonated around the lot, and I finished all my beers I was ready to go in and see us finally get into the group stage of the Champions League.

Well you can guess what happened after that. Major let down. At least we still have the memories of the Beetle, beating everyone else to the lot, and our tailgate on a warm day/night. Notice how I don't list many memories after that. If I remember correctly the score on the day was 2-1 (2-2 aggregate) and we lost on away goals (2-1). I think we even scored first in GS. But obviously don't hold me too it. Anyways it was so Metro and a classic day for SMF!  :cheers:

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

Those were the days!

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I remember losing my shit when we went up 1-0 on W Connection.

The night ended with me and a few friends sitting in the middle of 101 dejected.. That's the last time I ever sat dejected in 101. The rest of the season went so far down hill, it was actually fun.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

we've all blocked it out or our memory. 

I finally went through and read everyone else's posts. Everyone remembers a different score haha! I thought I was correct with Leg 1 being 1-0 Metro and Leg 2 going 2-1 W Connection. I highly doubt that after seeing all these different guesses. I'd probably trust Sabremike. I bet he's got a more sound memory than I.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

2:2 on the road, 1:2 at home. Our goals by Oebster (on debut), own goal (Pacheco deflection, RIP), Woly.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users