23 replies to this topic

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think signing teenagers who are already focused on the team they will play for after us is not an effective way to build a competitive winning team in the present. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think signing teenagers who are already focused on the team they will play for after us is not an effective way to build a competitive winning team in the present. 

It can work, but only if they are good enough. So far the hit rate is quite low.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

This is literally the mindset of any youth player in Latin America. They are not thinking of playing their entire careers at Boca Juniors, Atletico Nacional, Penarol, or Flamengo..no matter how much they or their families may be fanatics of said clubs. They all have their eyes set on Europe.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What if your objective has nothing to do with being a competitive winning team?

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Lol
Happy to have this pipeline continue snd expand in addition to other avenues not in exclusion of
Maybe he could partner with bento Estrella

What happened to estrella? I feel like we have to post his picture throughout the metropolitan area since he has been missing

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

It can work, but only if they are good enough. So far the hit rate is quite low.

I would say the hit rate is 1 for 1

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

What happened to estrella? I feel like we have to post his picture throughout the metropolitan area since he has been missing

he picked up an injury so was playing with the academy in the fall to regain form and fitness he will be with rb2 for the start of the season and likely in first team camp

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Signs for Houston for some reason:

https://twitter.com/...2232887300?s=21

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Signs for Houston for some reason:

https://twitter.com/...2232887300?s=21

Must suck for Houston to be nothing more than a farm team for RB Global.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users