SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Apparently half of ESC is at AEW.

The overlap between serious Metro fans and professional wrestling fans has always puzzled me. The only time I ever see or hear mention of professional wrestling is on Metro fan related social media accounts.  

Just finished watching the game, I absolutely made the right decision even though it was never up for debate anyway lol absolutely awful game that we lucked out to get a tie in. Attendance looked pathetic too, definitely the least amount for a regular season game between these two. The luster of this matchup has worn off for both sides.

AEW at Ashe was awesome, absolutely amazing atmosphere.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Have to win this weekend and then start a 4-5 game winning streak to get back into playoff contention.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

I think this is where my gripe really lies with the way its being called now. Its gotten to the point where there is no such thing as a natural position away from your body anymore. I'm yet to see the ball hit a defender's arm in any position this entire season, for any team, without it going to VAR and subsequently the penalty spot.

Defenders are, as some of you are even saying here, expected to make every defensive movement with their arms pinned behind their back.

I dont disagree with you. I think, especially now with VAR, there should be more judgement used on the part of the refs. Innocent ball to hand should be treated more leniently. Clear movement of the arm to deflect the ball should be judged harshly. My feeling was that Chanots violation was identical to Nealis and warranted the PK.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,577 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

D'oh completely forgot Yearwoods injury. We haven't heard the extent of it yet right?

Maybe Diarra gets the start ...  :ph34r:

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,113 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Have to win this weekend and then start a 4-5 game winning streak to get back into playoff contention.

We are 8 points adrift with 8 games to play and must pass 4 teams to rise from 11th to 7th.
http://www.metrofana...r.com/standings
Usually at this time of the season, those playoff possibility calculators start spinning. We are at 9.8% to qualify:
http://www.sportsclu...om/USA/MLS.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,168 posts
  • Supports:Metro

As blasphemous as it might sound, I don't want them to make the playoffs. Why? So we can put a check mark onto our consecutive streak that will allow some to mark this season as a success? So we can suffer another first-round humiliation? Pass.

I want them to play well for the rest of the season, beat the Scum and the Smurfs, and provide hope that there is a foundation for 2022.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

As blasphemous as it might sound, I don't want them to make the playoffs. Why? So we can put a check mark onto our consecutive streak that will allow some to mark this season as a success? So we can suffer another first-round humiliation? Pass.

I want them to play well for the rest of the season, beat the Scum and the Smurfs, and provide hope that there is a foundation for 2022.

Exactly. Too many point to the playoff streak as a mark of success for this team. Better to end it now and hopefully RB will add pieces that are difference makers.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I really don't think it's something to worry about no matter how hard anyone roots for them to win and make the playoffs. This team simply isn't good enough and has shown nothing all season to show otherwise that they can go on a run and actually win a bunch of games in a row.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

The worse they finish the more Red Bull invests in improvements? Stop laughing its just a thought!

RED. BULL. OUT.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,686 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Exactly. Too many point the playoff streak as a mark of success for this team. Better to end it now and hopefully RB will add pieces that are difference makers.

This reminds me of the Wenger-era Arsenal fans, tired of being in Top 4/Champions League every year but never winning anything.   Be careful what you wish for.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

The worse they finish the more Red Bull invests in improvements? Stop laughing its just a thought!

Its not wrong. Hard to justify not improving a team that finshes 10th or 11th. An offseason and another year older for the youth cant be sold to the fans, most of us arent that stupid.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

You know whatever success they have in the next few weeks will become the smoke they blow up our a$$es when they don't do enough in the offseason. "You could see how things were coming around, we feel very enthusiastic about our team just as it is."

RED. BULL. OUT.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,414 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
I want them to make the playoffs because

1) I don't think missing them will change anything, they seem fully bought into whatever plan they have for next year as it is

2) I want our young squad to get a taste of high pressure playoff games, even if it's just one. Experience in those types of games is important.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,357 posts

Torn on this.  I want them to make the playoffs but don't think they will.  

I want to enjoy watching the games.  Play well a 3-2 loss to the Revs is better than weak games against so many teams lately.  

They need to invest more.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts
  • Supports:Metro

https://youtu.be/s2R2sH2ScBM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users