uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Give it time.

Like he didn't get here, until it was too late and his development/confidence was already messed up. I maintain we squandered a 7g/7a+ player by failing to give him consistent minutes in favor of Muyl.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Ivan Gomez. 

Doesn't look like a DP, contract expires 6/2021. Possible MLS is mentioned to raise his price, but loan from Estudiantes with purchase option sounds like something Arm-Lett would do:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iv%C3%A1n_G%C3%B3mez_(footballer,_born_1997)

Article: https://www.tycsport...z-20200124.html

Stats: https://www.google.c...g:1579981155303

Were going to have to pray.

Going to have to start looking outside of the UK for players with their window closing shortly.

Realize we can still buy players from there even with their window closed, but the types of players we are linked with arent leaving after it does.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Because Im the Milo of that part of the world.....that guy is nasty. Liverpool want to kee him close and playing in thr Amse calendar but the guy is very skillful.

I wonder what a transfer fee for him would be.

I am usually posting guys i think are a stretch but yet I think they have the money for it and other clubs like LAFC and Atlanta and even Portland and Galaxy are providing proof that guys in their prime can still be bought before European clubs get them...

But I have to admit that I think Liverpool would want huge money like Bale to Real type money for him... After i dug deeper that was my conclusion.. Idk.. I think Red Bull have money to sign a 20 million dollar player and i think they can get a 30 35 million dollar guy if he plays for a south American club if they should up money in hand and pay 20 instead in one payment... Teams will be willing to forget about release clauses in that case
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I think Red Bull have money to sign a 20 million dollar player

RB has money, but it seems more inclined to spend when clubs are new, while winning some trophies, then change to a policy of developing and selling young players. RBNY was an initial large investment. Three Shields were won. Then, the focus shifted. Currently, the list of skilled players available for sale has shrunk.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Meanwhile a guy i mentioned a while ago that RBNY could afford and fit their style is scoring somewhere else...if a Colombian vlun could afford him NY could have too

Miguel Angel Borja would have probably scored 20+ goals here with NY's style and having that high press as he came from a high press style of play club and at his new club.. Well... Proof is below...

https://youtu.be/3lU7UkI8Qps

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

RBNY COULD afford a bunch of these players. 

thing is, they DON'T WANT to. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Meanwhile a guy i mentioned a while ago that RBNY could afford and fit their style is scoring somewhere else...if a Colombian vlun could afford him NY could have too

Miguel Angel Borja would have probably scored 20+ goals here with NY's style and having that high press as he came from a high press style of play club and at his new club.. Well... Proof is below...

https://youtu.be/3lU7UkI8Qps

Except Armas doesnt really press much anymore.

And Hamlett has never heard of any of these guys.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Yeferson Soteldo... Winger/attacking mid

Saw him play last night... Kid was great... Plays for Venezuelan u23 national team and Santos FC... His passes... He lobbed a ball from maybe 10 15 yards out of the penalty area and placed right onto his teammates chest that was sandwiched between the center backs... His 1v1 was impressive... Great vision... He's a great talent

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeferson Soteldo... Winger/attacking mid

Saw him play last night... Kid was great... Plays for Venezuelan u23 national team and Santos FC... His passes... He lobbed a ball from maybe 10 15 yards out of the penalty area and placed right onto his teammates chest that was sandwiched between the center backs... His 1v1 was impressive... Great vision... He's a great talent

Thank you for the scouting report!

Do you think hed have any interest in leaving Santos? I would think in South America, it would be more prestigious to play for them than RBNY.

But I dont actually know though.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Atlanta supposedly is shopping around Villalba who wants more playing time to boost his chances of being selected by Paraguay for the Copa America this year.

He knows the league, could play up top and has a countryman here in Kaku. Lawrence also might not be here much longer so that beef between him and Villalba is a non-factor.

Will Hamlett and Armas do anything?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he's been having some injuries, and he's pricey. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Villalba is more of a winger than an straight up striker right? 

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Atlanta supposedly is shopping around Villalba who wants more playing time to boost his chances of being selected by Paraguay for the Copa America this year.

He knows the league, could play up top and has a countryman here in Kaku. Lawrence also might not be here much longer so that beef between him and Villalba is a non-factor.

Will Hamlett and Armas do anything?

Atlanta supposedly don't want to trade / sell him within MLS either.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Atlanta supposedly don't want to trade / sell him within MLS either.

Yeah they don't want to strengthen any other teams within the league. Only reason they traded Gressel within MLS was that DC gave them a big offer and Gressel didn't want to go to Europe. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Thank you for the scouting report!

Do you think hed have any interest in leaving Santos? I would think in South America, it would be more prestigious to play for them than RBNY.

But I dont actually know though.

For sure... But San Lorenzo is a prestigious club and so is River Plate and Boca Juniors and they've sold players to MLS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users