ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

:)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ 

Almiron 2nd, Ibrahimovic 3rd.

If I had voted, it'd have been for Zlatan, LA's defense was bad, they lost/drew a bunch of games where they scored 3 or more goals.

2 years ago the award went to Villa even though BWP had a better season at the striker position, and voters rationalized it as 'can't vote for BWP because Sacha was also a finalist.'

So what happened this year when Almiron came in second?  And then there's the fact that BWP wasn't even a finalist the year he tied the goal-scoring record that Martinez broke this year.

Big picture, it doesn't matter much, (though I'm sure it would have mattered to BWP if he'd won in either of those years.)

I would think BWP would be the consensus choice for Metro MVP in 2018, but Kemar and Adams should probably be in the conversation.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

:)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+

Almiron 2nd, Ibrahimovic 3rd.

If I had voted, it'd have been for Zlatan, LA's defense was bad, they lost/drew a bunch of games where they scored 3 or more goals.

2 years ago the award went to Villa even though BWP had a better season at the striker position, and voters rationalized it as 'can't vote for BWP because Sacha was also a finalist.'

So what happened this year when Almiron came in second?  And then there's the fact that BWP wasn't even a finalist the year he tied the goal-scoring record that Martinez broke this year.

Big picture, it doesn't matter much, (though I'm sure it would have mattered to BWP if he'd won in either of those years.)

I would think BWP would be the consensus choice for Metro MVP in 2018, but Kemar and Adams should probably be in the conversation.

This accurately shows you the talent we had to deal with against Atlanta - #1 and #2 player in the League on the same team. With Taxi, the guy who could actually contain some of that firepower, out and ref overturning legit BWP road goal - it's tough to overcome. That's why I keep saying it was not same old Metro - we just faced a way more talented team, and to be frank got unlucky with the untimely injury and BS VAR reversal.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Miguel should have won. Josef was just as good as Brandon Allen when he was on the shelf. 

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Our boys are up for vote in the 2018 CONCACAF Awards.

Kemar is up for Male Player of the Year and Defender of the Year, Marsch for Coach of the Year, and Robles for GK of the Year. BWP is also among the forwards nominated for selection for the Male Best XI. They're all currently either dead last in the vote or close to last...

https://www.concacaf.com/en/awards

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Our boys are up for vote in the 2018 CONCACAF Awards.

Kemar is up for Male Player of the Year and Defender of the Year, Marsch for Coach of the Year, and Robles for GK of the Year. BWP is also among the forwards nominated for selection for the Male Best XI. They're all currently either dead last in the vote or close to last...

https://www.concacaf.com/en/awards

I never do that stuff but went on for a minute and voted....by the way, nice Gaven pic.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

by the way, nice Gaven pic.

It was time for a change!  It's 2018, so why not update from SGR to 2005 Gaven…

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users