296 replies to this topic

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, USMNT

Expansion teams provide a tremendous opportunity to get a boatload of allocation money via trades.   I'd really pay attention to who they'd be interested in getting.  Specifically would move Etienne, but don't know if they'd be interested.  Meara I'd definitely move as well and he could have some value.

Yeah, I kind of feel like we owe it to Meara to send him someplace where he'll have a shot at competing for a starting job...unless it's known Robles only wants to play another season or two.  We can probably get decent value in return for Meara, and still get competent goalkeeping in the market at a reasonable rate.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I've always been a little curious how Meara feels about his role. He's a local guy, always seemed to get along well with the locker room, maybe he's good just being a backup here till his time comes?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,393 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

yeah, he's said publicly that he was always a fan of the team, it's great being from the area and being able to be close to home. if FCC do select him, possible that we give them TAM or something to bring him back. iirc, that is how some transactions go post-Expansion Draft. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I havent seen anyone make this assertion yet, so I will. If it's Taxi that's injured down the stretch and Almiron injured in the playoffs, ATL wins the shield and we win the cup.

Such is life.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

What if RB parent does us a solid and gives us rza on a free? He'd be a regular starter in a familiar environment. He'd be a GAM/TAM salary so we'd preserve the DP slot. They'd shed the salary from their books so it would help from an FFP perspective.

Given that the German press says we gave Leipzig probably our most important player for free that would be the absolute least they could do.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,240 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

get competent goalkeeping ... at a reasonable rate.

How about this mutt?
https://sports.yahoo...-135359595.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Given that the German press says we gave Leipzig probably our most important player for free that would be the absolute least they could do.

Bild is not the German press.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
So apparently transfer fee was $3 million which is a little underwhelming but the key thing is a 33% sell on fee. So if he ends up a big star and gets sold to say Manchester United for $20 million we net close to $7 million. That's why I think this is acceptable. Now spend that money on a real proven difference maker!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
Casseras is gonna be the starter, but they need to invest all of the GAM and use the transfer fee to get us a third DP. We need fullbacks, an actual striker option outside of BWP and a winger opposite Royer. I'd pass on bringing Rza back and use that cash to get your second striker. Spend DP cash on the wing.

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Casseras is gonna be the starter, but they need to invest all of the GAM and use the transfer fee to get us a third DP. We need fullbacks, an actual striker option outside of BWP and a winger opposite Royer. I'd pass on bringing Rza back and use that cash to get your second striker. Spend DP cash on the wing.

Might be tough to find a TAM level player willing to sit on the bench behind BWP, its definitely the trickiest roster spot to fill. 

We should have enough allocation money for a few players though, even with Parker likely taking a chunk of it. We've barely been using TAM, Royer's the only one on the roster making over the max cap hit, and we've got that $750k from Tyler's sale. If not Rzatkowski, I'd still like to see a more proven CM option than Casseres.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Might be tough to find a TAM level player willing to sit on the bench behind BWP, its definitely the trickiest roster spot to fill.

Royer can slot in for BWP if we get in trouble. In no uncertain terms during an interview this season BWP basically said hes the best finisher on the team...outside of BWP. And I agree.

IMO Trying to find a legit backup to BWP would be too complicated. Guy might rot on the bench while eating up cap space.

So unless were gonna go all out for a two striker setup I say go spend money on a mid that can assist and score. If BWP goes down wed have player X and Royer to lean on.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

A second forward option is the biggest need for 2019. I'm ok with seeing what Casseres has for 2019. I suppose we could go Davis / Kaku in the middle next season if Casseres doesn't end up being the guy. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,393 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Kaku isn't the type to play alongside Davis as a CDM. He was a LW/LM before and then moved centrally to CAM when he got here. He's not here to play CDM. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
Atlanta just got Pity Martinez who won Copa libra with river for 17 million. Theyre gonna be stacked again we need big splash.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Atlanta just got Pity Martinez who won Copa libra with river for 17 million. Theyre gonna be stacked again we need big splash.

We need new owners then....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users