678 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Are they actually playing there again? I remember reading an article posted here that a bunch of teams didn't reach the minimum required amount of seats and that they may move them back to RBA.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

Are they actually playing there again? I remember reading an article posted here that a bunch of teams didn't reach the minimum required amount of seats and that they may move them back to RBA.

The move to Montclair was made with full understanding of USL's move to D2 last year. (Incidentally, as of today, USL still doesn't officially have D2 sanctioning for 2018. Real bad look for USSF there). 

The plan was to expand MSU Soccer Park to 3,500 seats for 2017 and up to the D2 mandated 5,000 seats either this year or next year. My understanding is that these new stands would be constructed above or adjacent to full locker rooms on the otherwise empty north end of the stadium (the left side of the field, if you've only watched on YouTube). 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I was around when AstroTurf was initially installed on the football field. A slick campaign was funded to convince the skeptics. I always wondered who profited from the move ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
The whole D2 thing wasn't done until January last year. I don't think USL is worried.

My guess is that much of this hinges on the NASL final verdict if the judge rules that if NASL can't have stadium size waivers, neither can USL.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

if the judge rules that if NASL can't have stadium size waivers, neither can USL.

More issues than that:
https://www.google.c...sion-division-2

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

More issues than that:
https://www.google.c...sion-division-2

For sure. I just referenced the stadium size in repsonse to an earlier post.
The article you posted does a good job on the bigger picture.

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

The article you posted does a good job on the bigger picture.

As do the links within it.
But, I wont post a link to a Sounders fan, or a lawyer who cannot distinguish it is from its.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The move to Montclair was made with full understanding of USL's move to D2 last year. (Incidentally, as of today, USL still doesn't officially have D2 sanctioning for 2018. Real bad look for USSF there). 

The plan was to expand MSU Soccer Park to 3,500 seats for 2017 and up to the D2 mandated 5,000 seats either this year or next year. My understanding is that these new stands would be constructed above or adjacent to full locker rooms on the otherwise empty north end of the stadium (the left side of the field, if you've only watched on YouTube). 

Thanks that's disappointing since the crowds were so bad there I was hoping they would just move them back. I would stay for the games most of the time at RBA but I'm not going to Montclair for the games on different days, just not worth the trip to me but I always watch on YouTube at some point.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Pretty good article on Junior Flemmings.
Seems to have a bunch of offers including II, but wants to play at the MLS level. Since he's an international, the team won't give him a spot.

http://www.jamaicaob...27?profile=1511

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

http://www.jamaicaob...27?profile=1511

An out of contract USL player has a management team?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

An out of contract USL player has a management team?

Probably one of the biggest problems with these guys. A lot of them get their egos inflated to a point where they think they are the next stud player thanks to unrealistic expectations from their agents.

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

A lot ... think they are the next stud player thanks to unrealistic expectations from their agents.

His comments suggest that he expects to be in the Premiership in 18 months.
He name-checked BWP & SWP, but not JMNT Kemar.
For a second, I thought the columnist was Dane Richards!

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Brandon Allen moves to Philly Union's system with Bethlehem Steel. David Najem likely to join him.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
David Najem to Tampa Bay. Also, on the first page of this thread, been providing updates on other former first or USL team players from the past that we may see in 2018.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
As rumored and finally confirmed, Orlando City B is out of the USL this year (joining Whitecaps 2 and Rochester Rhinos).

Orlando will likely rejoin in USL D3 in 2019.

USL will have 33 teams. Our conference will have 16 teams:
Atlanta United 2, Bethlehem Steel, Charleston Battery, Charlotte Independence, FC Cincinnati, Indy Eleven, Louisville FC, Nashville, NYRBII, North Carolina FC, Ottawa Fury, Penn FC (formerly Harrisburg City Islanders), Pittsburgh Riverhounds, Richmond Kickers, Tampa Bay Rowdies, and TFCII.

St Louis made the move to the Western Conference.

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users