A coaching license confers actual ability?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

some keyboard pundits fancy themselves more knowledgeable than someone who actually has a UEFA coaching license.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I would bet someone with a UEFA license (same as Marsh) knows a lot more and has more ability than my lowly US soccer D license

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

I would bet someone with a UEFA license (same as Marsh) knows a lot more and has more ability than my lowly US soccer D license

Has any legendary coach ever attributed his success to his obtaining of a UEFA license?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
I dont know but one reason Jesse pursued his is because it increased his chances of coaching in the top league in Europe. There was an interview around the time he left mid season to do his studies

But then again, Bob Bradley was the only other American coach with that license and he did not have much success, so go figure

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I dont know but one reason Jesse pursued his is because it increased his chances of coaching in the top league in Europe. There was an interview around the time he left mid season to do his studies

But then again, Bob Bradley was the only other American coach with that license and he did not have much success, so go figure

The license is a requirement to manage at certain levels. It's less an SAT test and more a driver's license.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

If Jesse didnt have coaching ability he wouldnt be managing in Europe, even if he had a gold plated license.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The whole coaching license thing is a joke I think.  To be honest, it's similar to college degrees in many fields (not all) but somehow has become necessary.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

The whole coaching license thing is a joke I think.  To be honest, it's similar to college degrees in many fields (not all) but somehow has become necessary.

Amongst some of the reasons I stopped trying to get one were the costs and the timing. There was a movement during the last big elections in US Soccer to have the federation pick up some if not all of costs, like in Europe.

My plan was to get licensed to be able to coach my sons local team, but then he started playing JV and travel soccer so it was all for none. But it was fun while it lasted

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Amongst some of the reasons I stopped trying to get one were the costs and the timing. There was a movement during the last big elections in US Soccer to have the federation pick up some if not all of costs, like in Europe.

My plan was to get licensed to be able to coach my sons local team, but then he started playing JV and travel soccer so it was all for none. But it was fun while it lasted

I only needed a D license to coach my son.  I don't recall it being much time or money.  Maybe one day on sight?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

coaching license ... similar to college degrees in many fields (not all) but somehow has become necessary.

Most degrees in "Studies"!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Cant speak to that, but I can confidently say that a drivers license does NOT confer actual driving ability.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Cant speak to that, but I can confidently say that a drivers license does NOT confer actual driving ability.

But the average person with a driver's license is a much better driver than the average person without one. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

But the average person with a driver's license is a much better driver than the average person without one. 

Some days Im not so sure.

Im not so sure of anything anymore.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
A study was done about why massive 6-lane roads in Florida still are cause for insane jams. Whoever conducted the study went to Germany to try to understand the difference.

The main point that came out is that in Germany they consider getting a drivers license as a privilege and are bound by its laws, whereas in the US people see it as a right

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

in Germany they consider getting a drivers license as a privilege and are bound by its laws, whereas in the US people see it as a right

Everyone in the USA is told that a DL is a privilege.
Germany now has the benefit of open borders,
so everyone in the EU can zip along the autobahns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users