Yes

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
This is looking like a flop signing as far as I'm concerned, even if the guy has never played a minute in the shirt.

Eight crucial games left in the season (including one on Wednesday) and the guy is probably still sitting on a couch somewhere in England because of paperwork issues. He has to be 100% match fit as the English season started already and he must have been preparing to play somewhere, if not with Southampton.

The only reason Sims is coming here is because of the RB connections. Hamlett waited until the very last minute to sign him on loan and is now dragging his feet in getting Sims over here (which makes his late arrival even worse...if Sims was guaranteed to stay here for a couple more seasons I wouldn't be complaining as much, but for a guy like him I bet he goes back to Europe and stays there in January).

Meanwhile LA Galaxy sign Pavon and he starts immediately.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

This is looking like a flop signing as far as I'm concerned, even if the guy has never played a minute in the shirt.

Eight crucial games left in the season (including one on Wednesday) and the guy is probably still sitting on a couch somewhere in England because of paperwork issues. He has to be 100% match fit as the English season started already and he must have been preparing to play somewhere, if not with Southampton.

The only reason Sims is coming here is because of the RB connections. Hamlett waited until the very last minute to sign him on loan and is now dragging his feet in getting Sims over here (which makes his late arrival even worse...if Sims was guaranteed to stay here for a couple more seasons I wouldn't be complaining as much, but for a guy like him I bet he goes back to Europe and stays there in January).

Meanwhile LA Galaxy sign Pavon and he starts immediately.

seriously couldn't watch the LAG without looking at Pavon and thinking WHERE IS SIMS?????

(and by the way what an egg Seattle laid although what a bizarre goal to tie goalie clearance outside the box that bounces off the defender and into the goal)

saw this posted SAT

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta
Aug 17
More Brian Sciaretta Retweeted MLS Transfers
The word is any day now for his ITC. Red Bulls hope Sims can join for the next game vs DCU

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

seriously couldn't watch the LAG without looking at Pavon and thinking WHERE IS SIMS?????

(and by the way what an egg Seattle laid although what a bizarre goal to tie goalie clearance outside the box that bounces off the defender and into the goal)

saw this posted SAT

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta
Aug 17
More Brian Sciaretta Retweeted MLS Transfers
The word is any day now for his ITC. Red Bulls hope Sims can join for the next game vs DCU

Per Red Bulls Twitter --Josh Sims has received his P-1 Visa and will join the team this week.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Per Red Bulls Twitter --Josh Sims has received his P-1 Visa and will join the team this week.

So will he be starting Wednesday?

I'd hope so, but I'm expecting him to miss the 18 Wednesday and make a 70th minute 'cameo' at Yankee Stadium over the weekend.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

So will he be starting Wednesday?

I'd hope so, but I'm expecting him to miss the 18 Wednesday and make a 70th minute 'cameo' at Yankee Stadium over the weekend.

Yes!   parachuting in to Yankee stadium......

I would hope the guy is catching a flight NOW - only question is land in EWR or DC

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Yes!   parachuting in to Yankee stadium......

I would hope the guy is catching a flight NOW - only question is land in EWR or DC

When is practice? I'm assuming today and tomorrow, then they fly down to DC tomorrow?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

When is practice? I'm assuming today and tomorrow, then they fly down to DC tomorrow?

?

practice is typically 10-12? I would hope practice at RBA and then take Amtrak

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,224 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I expect him to be in the 18 for both Wed and Sun. Temporarily, he can be the impact sub off the bench. Preference is obvs to be a starter.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

I expect him to be in the 18 for both Wed and Sun. Temporarily, he can be the impact sub off the bench. Preference is obvs to be a starter.

just hoping he hits a home run on Saturday :-)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,224 posts

slide into home and taking out Sean Johnson, Mitrita and Heber all at once like that crook Pete Rose. 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,287 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

maybe a 10-15 min cameo as a sub @ DC, and then a full 90 vs the blue team. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Supports:Metro
LMFAO if this guy gets off a plane and hits the field immediately when Kaku couldnt get a sniff for like a month cause our system is so terribly complicated.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,224 posts

Kaku was never coached by anyone previously employed by an RBG team. Sims was coached by a guy who had 40W 19D 24L record for RBL in 2 seasons once they achieved promotion.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Kaku was never coached by anyone previously employed by an RBG team. Sims was coached by a guy who had 40W 19D 24L record for RBL in 2 seasons once they achieved promotion.

Right. Yeah. Makes perfect sense. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users