242 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Based on the lack of trades and rumors, I'm getting a bad feeling that the Thelwell/Hamlett brain trust is not going to make many new player acquisitions and is going to rely on a presumed boost from Struber's coaching.

When is the next trade window or acquisition day or whatever that will allow me to test this theory, or maybe feel better about the team?

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
We are 3 months away from the start of the season at best and likely it wont start until April imo so I dont get the rush

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Based on the lack of trades and rumors, Im getting a bad feeling that the Thelwell/Hamlett brain trust is not going to make many new player acquisitions and is going to rely on a presumed boost from Strubers coaching.

When is the next trade window or acquisition day or whatever that will allow me to test this theory, or maybe feel better about the team?

Most international transfer windows dont open until Jan 1., but some other MLS teams have already been active in acquiring players.

Who knows though, the team has a fairly significant amount of open roster spots and struggles to bring players in under normal circumstances.

The MLS CBA issues are another challenge, but Id imagine youd still want to build the roster and prepare for the season to go forward. The original plan was for training camps to open in late January.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I feel confident that new players will be signed. I am worried that we will not have the 4-6 starters signed that I think will be needed. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

We are 3 months away from the start of the season at best and likely it wont start until April imo so I dont get the rush

Maybe, but teams can only prepare based on the information the league has provided. As of now they still want to start in early to mid March, cant just assume a later start because then they are caught with their pants down.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Maybe, but teams can only prepare based on the information the league has provided. As of now they still want to start in early to mid March, cant just assume a later start because then they are caught with their pants down.

I think a couple guys come over (who Struber and Thelwell know) early Jan once the English transfer window opens. We need more than a couple though. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The MLS CBA issues are another challenge

If anyone thought that the CBA was settled:
https://www.espn.com...nate-cba-source

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

For sure we will sign new players.

The only two questions is quantity and quality.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
I think after Kaku the team will be extra tight lipped about transfers.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

I think after Kaku the team will be extra tight lipped about transfers.

They always are, the leaks come from the other end.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Based on the lack of trades and rumors, Im getting a bad feeling that the Thelwell/Hamlett brain trust is not going to make many new player acquisitions and is going to rely on a presumed boost from Strubers coaching.

They went after Yearwood in February and we didn't hear about it until two weeks before he was on the field.. We never hear rumors unless it's some drama like Kaku.

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They went after Yearwood in February and we didn't hear about it until two weeks before he was on the field.. We never hear rumors unless it's some drama like Kaku.

We hear no rumors because the team has no beat reporters

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Like there's anything to report about anyway. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Usually around mlk day training camp begins and we hear about trialists and new signings.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Based on the MLS's force majeure declaration, I think it could be a while. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users