Woly band wagon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

britton

britton

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests: I pick England to win Euro2008 ! oh wait.....
  • Supports:RBNY INTER PENAROL U.S. URUGUAY
Can we please get of the Woly band wagon ? The man cannot trap a ball if you hit him squarely in the chest with the damn thing ! All he is and forever will be is super sub.. thats it !

Doe at the most right now, adds some enthusiasm to the squad. Let him play !

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Can we please get of the Woly band wagon ? The man cannot trap a ball if you hit him squarely in the chest with the damn thing ! All he is and forever will be is super sub.. thats it !

Doe at the most right now, adds some enthusiasm to the squad. Let him play !

are you even a metro fan? do you go to games? i never hate on what anyone has to say but all u say is negative things about our team, players and fans.

woly isnt the best player, but cant trap a ball? do you watch games?

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

britton

britton

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests: I pick England to win Euro2008 ! oh wait.....
  • Supports:RBNY INTER PENAROL U.S. URUGUAY

are you even a metro fan? do you go to games? i never hate on what anyone has to say but all u say is negative things about our team, players and fans.

woly isnt the best player, but cant trap a ball? do you watch games?

i am a fan . unfortunately i do go to games. unfortunately i have the balls to call a spade a spade. Give Woly the ball, the man will return a cinder block. Thats reality. Has no clue what a give and go is. Man has scored a necessary goal here and there, but he never had the "ilk" to be anything other than a sub.

you don`t like my opinions ? thats your problem

dotThink

dotThink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i am a fan . unfortunately i do go to games. unfortunately i have the balls to call a spade a spade. Give Woly the ball, the man will return a cinder block. Thats reality. Has no clue what a give and go is. Man has scored a necessary goal here and there, but he never had the "ilk" to be anything other than a sub.

you don`t like my opinions ? thats your problem

I agree he's best off the bench because he has a nose for goal and he's a big strong guy who can get into space against tired defenses. But he does have reasonable skill and I actually have seen him make some pretty nice passes.

He may not be smooth but he's a smart player who can perform under pressure.

But I do agree with you, he's best as a 15-20 minute player.

Since the beginning...

fatcatnyc

fatcatnyc

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Supports:SATAN & nyrb
as my friend from milan would say " he has foot of vood, like gatuuso.....hard work but foot of vood"

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT
On another note, what happened to Woly's World?
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

brownswan

brownswan

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Supports:Metro and USA
I remember Woly vollying a 30 yard pass from Amado into the C'bus net -- an incredible shot, since the ball came from behind him, over his right shoulder.

Pretty good wood, that.

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA
This is all I can say:

Woly booly!
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

London Metro

London Metro

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:London bloke , been supporting the MetroStars since 2000 . Why ? I hear you ask , well i have been coming to the NYC area since 1988 and when I stumbled on MLS on TV here I had to root for the New York team . <br /><br /> Have been to eight games since , and was gutted when we got bought by Red Bull , as the name sucks . They shoulda just been called New York MetroStars with the ' Red Bull' as the shirt Sponsor, oh well.<br /><br />I watch as many games as I can online and hope we retain Ritchie as caoch for 2010 .
  • Supports:Red Bulls/Metrostars & West Ham UTD
:(
Yeah lay off WOLY !! He is Metro Blue Collar thru N thru , good for the team , loyal and scores goals .
He is our supersub and I'm proud he is on OUR team . And he is from New York too .
Yeah I saw THAT GOAL on TV , Metro Legend .....

He is our DAvid Fairclough or Teddy Sheringham ' A True Supersub'

Lodon Metro... :pint:

joamiq

joamiq

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Spurs
What's wrong with being a supersub? He's obviously not particularly gifted, but the man scores goals, doesn't he?

JonnyG

JonnyG

Now with a blog!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Supports:USA, RBNY
Woly is the type of guy who comes up with his occasional moments of brilliance each season. For example, his long shot against Colorado a few weeks ago, or the volley against Columbus in '03, or the volley against LA in '04. I can go on and on. The biggest problem with John is that he is inconsistant. You always know you are going to get hustle and grit from him week in, week out, but sometimes he just plays like utter crap, and sometimes he makes some great plays that lead to goals (his flick-on header to Angel in KC 2 months ago, etc.).

Something else that interests me is how many of his goals were scored at home? It seems like he always pulls through at the Swamp but doesn't get it done away (with a few exceptions, obviously). Does anyone have a list of his goals and where they were scored?

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
Woly's the shit. he cares about the fans

and even if he's not the greatest player, he's consistent. that's something the metros of old and late are lacking.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,420 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro
WHy the hell are we arguing about Wolyniec? I mean, we all know he's not a Star forward, never was never going to be. Hes's a sub a very hardworking useful one that will get us goals when we need a spark.

Having said that why the heck are we picking on him? We might as well say Mike Magee SUCKS for no apparent reason.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Join the Nintendo Fan Club today! Mac.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

The biggest problem with John is that he is inconsistant.

and even if he's not the greatest player, he's consistent.

dotThink

dotThink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

WHy the hell are we arguing about Wolyniec? I mean, we all know he's not a Star forward, never was never going to be. Hes's a sub a very hardworking useful one that will get us goals when we need a spark.

Having said that why the heck are we picking on him? We might as well say Mike Magee SUCKS for no apparent reason.

Because Britton needs to stir shit up, he must have a very lonely existence.

Since the beginning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users