Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,135 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it was like having 1/3 of the Claudio Reyna experience. 300k in salary, less than 2 dozen appearances, just not injured, but glued to the bench. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Ivan's release makes the Etienne loan even more confusing.

Unless the approach now is to shed salary starting with Ivan, then dumping Royer in the off-season with Etienne or a RBII scrub sliding into Royer's starting XI spot.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Unless the approach now is to shed salary starting with Ivan, then dumping Royer in the off-season with Etienne or a RBII scrub sliding into Royer's starting XI spot.

What about Ivan being waived points to Royer also moving on this winter?

Etienne's gone - if he plays well then Cincy will exercise their option to buy, he fails to impress for a team on pace for the worst season in MLS history then why would we want him back anyway?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,135 posts

Etienne's out of contract at season's end too, iirc. 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Stroud moving on up?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,135 posts

they can still sign out of contract players for the next ~2 wks, i'd prefer that they try to get someone of that list first before promoting an RB2. If not now, then most likely next yr he'll be on a 1st team contract.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Fernandez gets Etiennes minutes and Sims gets Muyls minutes. Alex is used as a defensive sub.

Taxi4Taxi

Taxi4Taxi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Arsenal

My guess on why Ivan, Etienne, and Epps all left is they want to make way for Sims and Omir to get a lot of time. If they need depth they have Beze and Stroud, who maybe they like more.

Still a very odd move but it's not like Ivan brought much.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I have a funny feeling were gonna see more dumping this off season with very few signings until the new CBA is worked out and RB can game plan moving forward.

Seems like something they would do.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

What about Ivan being waived points to Royer also moving on this winter?

Etienne's gone - if he plays well then Cincy will exercise their option to buy, he fails to impress for a team on pace for the worst season in MLS history then why would we want him back anyway?

Nothing specific regarding Royer, it's just unusual how this is unfolding.

Etienne gets loaned out, so Ivan should get a chance for more minutes right? Instead Ivan gets dropped in what looks like a salary dump.

So now they are down two wingers for no apparent reason with the playoffs coming up. Why? Are they going to use the spots that Etienne and Ivan opened up?

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

My guess on why Ivan, Etienne, and Epps all left is they want to make way for Sims and Omir to get a lot of time. If they need depth they have Beze and Stroud, who maybe they like more.

Still a very odd move but it's not like Ivan brought much.

I see it this way as well.  There is (was) a logjam at right midfield.  They must view Sims as being a cut above anyone else that they have, so the position is his for the rest of this year.  They like Omir's potential better than Etienne or Ivan.  They still have Muyl, Rza and Omir to back up Sims, so it's not like they're shorthanded or anything.  Rza's not a bad player, but with CCJ's emergence he may not get much time in the center, and Armas has no problem playing him out wide.  Basically, they had so many wide midfield players that some of them weren't going to get on the field, barring injury.  Might as well get rid of the ones that are lowest on the depth chart.

I'm not crazy about the Etienne loan; yes, he's frustratingly inconsistent, but his creativity and ability to take players on are qualities that not a lot of players have.  He's still young enough that he can improve, and who knows where he'll be in a few years.  I'm totally indifferent about the Ivan move; didn't dislike the guy, but he I didn't think he was any better than Etienne, Rza or Omir. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

Looks to me that RB wants to play the Barcelona tiki-taka style  epitomized by Kaka. Etienne and Ivan do not fit that style.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,058 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

...I'm totally indifferent about the Ivan move; didn't dislike the guy, but he I didn't think he was any better than Etienne, Rza or Omir. 

Whether or not he was a fit or would ever see minutes, you don't empty a roster spot without backfilling it.  Inexcusable.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
i trust that hamlet and company have a big money south american signing up their sleeves (with a free agent Ribery type older euro as the back up plan) after a move like this.

Very exciting times to be a rb fan

5 year plan

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

It's not confusing at all. Both Ivan and Etienne got opportunities and failed to make meaningful contribution. With Sims' arrival we have Muyl, Omir, Rza on the bench who have all performed a lot better. We just dropped some unproductive players, there isn't too much else to read into here.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users