Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,126 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Southampton was rumored to be one of the teams interested in Long, right?  I wonder if they're going to offer Sims and cash for Long after the season...

i know a bunch of French teams were, and Fiorentina. Was Soton looking at him, too? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I hear what youre saying....its just not reality. If you think they have any idea of the NYRB style of play, youre fooling yourself. Do you know Lutons style of play in the Championship? Of course not. Because you dont care about that team or league. They dont care about MLS or NYRB.

Really? You are comparing a fan to a profeaaional football club here. Sure, the Southampton manager doesn't wake up every day wondering what NYRB is doing, but I'm sure that a scout or a player development guy in the organization has an inkling that NYRB play a similar high pressing style to Bundesliga sensation RB Leipzig at the very least.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Really? You are comparing a fan to a profeaaional football club here. Sure, the Southampton manager doesn't wake up every day wondering what NYRB is doing, but I'm sure that a scout or a player development guy in the organization has an inkling that NYRB play a similar high pressing style to Bundesliga sensation RB Leipzig at the very least.

Ralf used to be the guys boss, he at worst is probably in contact with Ralf as long as him leaving wasn't hostile. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,527 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the Southampton manager doesn't wake up every day wondering what NYRB is doing

Thats our job.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yes, really. Most folks here are Red Bulls and MLS fans. Id say most folks here couldnt tell you Colorado or Montreals style of play......and they watch out League every week.

MLS is a pimple on the camels ass to Southampton. The loan deal was a favor for a friend and former colleague. Which is great. Its important to have connections and Ralf had one that helped us.

Lets just enjoy the player and hope hes good.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Our signings have come down to Ralf playing his phone a friend card.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts

Our signings have come down to Ralf playing his phone a friend card.

Personally, I think Jourgenson was a Ralf signing too. Basically told the feeder club to sign this kid and stash him for experience. If he pans out, well bring him up to the big time in Germany.

Theres no way you can convince me that Hamlet was tracking this guy and made a play for him.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 posts

Personally, I think Jourgenson was a Ralf signing too. Basically told the feeder club to sign this kid and stash him for experience. If he pans out, well bring him up to the big time in Germany.

Theres no way you can convince me that Hamlet was tracking this guy and made a play for him.

Absolutely agree.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,050 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

is there any doubt?

I'm all for leveraging the RB global reach, but Hamlett is like a vestigial organ at this point, atrophied to nothingness by reliance on / neutering by papa RB.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Yes, really. Most folks here are Red Bulls and MLS fans. Id say most folks here couldnt tell you Colorado or Montreals style of play......and they watch out League every week.

MLS is a pimple on the camels ass to Southampton. The loan deal was a favor for a friend and former colleague. Which is great. Its important to have connections and Ralf had one that helped us.

Lets just enjoy the player and hope hes good.

To quote your own words, I hear what you are saying, but it's just not reality.

Again, you are comparing a fan's knowledge of tema a to a professional team's. I don't doubt there are teams run pretty badly and I'm sure the Ralf connection helped.

But saying there's no chance anybody at Southamption at least googled a couple of articles on NYRB or looked at a few youtube videos on a lunch break ahead of loaning out Sims here for several months is unrealistic and weirdly confident.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts
Where is Sims? Here yet visa work permit update
Lets get a move on

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Where is Sims? Here yet visa work permit update
Lets get a move on

Hamlett probably slacked in getting the "deal" done in time and now he could miss even more of the few games this season he can play.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 posts

Sims is listed as a DP so it's very clear they expect him to be a significant contributor.  

Hope it works. I like his style so that would be great for us if it turns out that he can actually play.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

is there any doubt?

I'm all for leveraging the RB global reach, but Hamlett is like a vestigial organ at this point, atrophied to nothingness by reliance on / neutering by papa RB.

Imagine RB helping AND hamlett? Whoa.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts
I cant see him being a DP this year with a prorated salary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users