Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Let's not twist the facts. As great as BWP has been, his contributed just ONE goal to the 2013 Supporters Shield.

Against Houston? Where TH14 did the "Henry-ing" and Cahill's fast goal?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

BWP has had a great career in our shirt. No need to call it anything other than that. Nice guy, humble, causes no problems, finishes his chances. 

Random note, you could do a pretty decent TIFO of 'WrightFellas', with (L-R) Ian, BWP & SWP, and the text 'It runs in the Family' below it.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Henry, JPA, Mathis...who gets bumped from the Metro All-Time XI to make room for BWP?

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
I would say BWP has been by far the greatest playoff player in the team's history. And that counts for a lot.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Henry, JPA, Mathis...who gets bumped from the Metro All-Time XI to make room for BWP?

Been pondering that all morning. Henry isn't going anywhere. I don't think JPA can either. The problem with Mathis is that for a year and a half, he was the best player in MLS. He owned this team (be it for a short time), while BWP has always been a supporting player, all the goals or not. Tough call.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Been pondering that all morning. Henry isn't going anywhere. I don't think JPA can either. The problem with Mathis is that for a year and a half, he was the best player in MLS. He owned this team (be it for a short time), while BWP has always been a supporting player, all the goals or not. Tough call.

2000-2002 Cleatus was the best player I've seen for this club.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Clint scored 39 league goals in 7,549 minutes.  Total 45 (3 playoff, 3 USOC).

BWP has scored 59 in 7,741.  Total 65 (6 playoff).

If Bradley continues this year's form, he'll score 5 more in the remaining 9 league matches.

OTOH, he's only scored in 8 of 25 games (1 hat trick, 4 braces, 3 singles).

If BWP continues to score this year, and presumably next, Clint is going to the second XI. .

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Most goals from open play in the MLS this season (14). Giovinco/Larin have 12, Piatti and Villa at 11. Giovinco has scored 3 penalties (15 goals total), Villa has scored 4 (15 total). BWP missed the one penalty he took this season (just for the record; I know we all remember). 

Giovinco has taken 142 shots, VIlla has taken 125. BWP has taken 69.

He's been exasperatingly bad at times this season, but we should really appreciate the fact that we have one of the league's top strikers. Congrats on breaking the record, and here's to many more goals.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

but out of all seriousness, I've never seen a striker who scores so many goals be so bad at taking penalties as BWP. Penalties are the simplest and most fundamental aspect of goal scoring in the entire game. How can a player call themselves a great goal scorer and not be able to put them away?

He's English.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

2000-2002 Cleatus was the best player I've seen for this club.

Stupid ACL tear... and beer... and Doritos.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Stupid ACL tear... and beer... and Doritos.

Yep. The injury didn't help him, but yeah, I really think his attitude and lifestyle limited his potential (remember, he scored 4 highlight reel goals in his first five BL games, and that was in 2004, well after the injury).

As Tab Ramos said, Clint was the most talented player he's ever played with. Such a shame. My favorite professional athlete of all time. What could have been.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Henry goes to midfield. Lindpere bumped.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Greatest? No. Most Important? Heading towards it.

Let's face it, a member of the first team to win MLS Cup is going to trump Mathis, JPA, Thierry... everyone. If BWP is on the field when we do it, I'd be willing to say so.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

BWP, Team Legend? Abso-fucking-lutely. Best ever? Hell, no. That would be Thierry Henry and everyone knows it.

Yep.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Greatest? No. Most Important? Heading towards it.

Let's face it, a member of the first team to win MLS Cup is going to trump Mathis, JPA, Thierry... everyone. If BWP is on the field when we do it, I'd be willing to say so.

Huh?  So Alex Muyl makes Best XI?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users