60 replies to this topic

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

well he put something that just i mentioned briefly ..heheh...and i didnt call our players dicks i call them assholes...and i had been in Poland in 97 i was with ESC 99 but its ok...

MetroPolishFirm

The facts are irrelevant. It's the details that matter.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

MetroPolishFirm

MetroPolishFirm

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Supports:METRO, RAKÓW Częstochowa
binks why i didnt see esc banner hanging..huh huh...u canandians

redbullnumerouno

redbullnumerouno

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Knicks, Colombia
This article blows....The piece that ran on NEWS 12 NJ yesterday showed the truth about esc. This article makes esc look like a bunch of posers or nerds. Why the fuck would you ask Joe Beningo about the esc, that moron probably doesn't even know who the Redbulls are. But hey at least the esc is getting some attention.

ChickenGrease

ChickenGrease

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This article blows....The piece that ran on NEWS 12 NJ yesterday showed the truth about esc. This article makes esc look like a bunch of posers or nerds. Why the fuck would you ask Joe Beningo about the esc, that moron probably doesn't even know who the Redbulls are. But hey at least the esc is getting some attention.

I wonder if anyone recorded that as I want to take a look at it myself.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,510 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Is there any video of the piece that New Jersey 12 had?

Would love to check it out.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

redbullnumerouno

redbullnumerouno

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
I recorded it but I have no way of putting it on youtube.

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,580 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY

I recorded it but I have no way of putting it on youtube.

DVR, Tivo or the best way... VHS?

redbullnumerouno

redbullnumerouno

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
^^^^
old school baby VHS!

SteveB2

SteveB2

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro/RBNY
A "little" condescending?
I must respectfully disagree with my brethren. This was a whole heaping mound of condescension.
English accents? Other than those born in England I haven't heard an English accent in 101.
Playing hooligan? A few drunks who may or may not be card carrying members have had altercations but he paints us all as carrying straight razors tucked in our boots.
Who gives a flying dismount about Joe Benigno?
Why did the author pay so much attention to color and style of clothing and the "full figured" Corey?

I'm sorry but I don't beieve that all publicity is goood publicity. This guy had an agenda and it comes through loud and clear.

As he is much to phoney to e a real dick I must nominate him for dildo of the month.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

binks why i didnt see esc banner hanging..huh huh...u canandians

Because I was too busy walking all over a maple leaf in the parking lot.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,678 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A "little" condescending?
I must respectfully disagree with my brethren. This was a whole heaping mound of condescension.
English accents? Other than those born in England I haven't heard an English accent in 101.
Playing hooligan? A few drunks who may or may not be card carrying members have had altercations but he paints us all as carrying straight razors tucked in our boots.
Who gives a flying dismount about Joe Benigno?
Why did the author pay so much attention to color and style of clothing and the "full figured" Corey?

I'm sorry but I don't beieve that all publicity is goood publicity. This guy had an agenda and it comes through loud and clear.

As he is much to phoney to e a real dick I must nominate him for dildo of the month.

I think the author had the article planned out before he even talked to anybody for the story. Found the pieces that would make it work and did just that.

It's a slanted article and I think is designed to mock the ESC as posers of English "firms", but I could be wrong.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United
I'm just happy my "You thought this was catered" thing from the lot made it in.

Somebody get that News 12 piece up ASAP. I want to see Fina try to keep it together while we were singing at him.
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,404 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

FACT!

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

Dir. of Football Operations

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs
While the author may have an agenda, you can't deny that there is a noticable element who yearn to be English , mimicking scenes and lines from GSH and butchering classic English terrace anthems. It's especially sad when there is enough original ESC material to stand out from anything you see / have seen in England. ESC has about 250 more songs in their catalog than Everton, who's fan base is 110 years older. Less is cooler. Some people try too hard.

95% of soccer stories in the US for the masses always contain references to England and Soccer hooligans ... FACT
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro, Celtic, Houston Dynamo
It must have been "write about American soccer hooligans" week for newspapers since the Post wrote a peice about Barra Brava and, to a lesser extent, the Screaming Eagles: http://www.washingto...7081401343.html

Interesting, but not surprising, the difference in tone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users