Photo

G's vs Pachuca Pre-Match Discussion: SUperLiga FINALS!

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#466 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:The LA galaxy, The Sox, The DC5
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Boston Red Sox

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:22 AM

Good call... We won't have these problems when the Galaxy play RSL or NYRB, but ummm...durrrr....WHEN WE PLAY CHIVAS OR MEXICAN TEAMS WE ARE OUTNUMBERED AND NEED PROTECTION.

Do you have to be a clueless to work for HDC security? Or is it just preferred?

the employment test at the HDC is actually a mirror. they stand you real close in front of one and if it fogs up you are hired. i actually saw the guys down at field level yelling at the guys up in the sections to keep us separate when there was a skirmish between 138 and 139 but they were way late with what happened with Twigg and 137. who is the fucking older dude (saying this descriptively not as a knock) who flew out of nowhere and KICKED FUCKING ASS in Twiggs defence!! the guy literally ended up about 10-15 seats away from where he began his Kung Foo flight :ph34r: .

#467 Section 18 Hooligan

Section 18 Hooligan

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:23 AM

who is the fucking older dude (saying this descriptively not as a knock) who flew out of nowhere and KICKED FUCKING ASS in Twiggs defence!! the guy literally ended up about 10-15 seats away from where he began his Kung Foo flight :ph34r: .

bugger off's father-in-law

#468 Gunner

Gunner

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts
  • Supports:G's, Arsenal, Inter Milan, Ajax

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:27 AM

Dear God,

Today my heart broke in half.

I love the Galaxy but Im afraid they don't love me back, not even a little bit not even a 30th of what I love them,

I bleed for them,

They think it's funny,

I fight for them,

They laugh at me,

My life is not longer lived in years but rather in seasons cos of them.

All I ask if for is a little heart, a little fight, the will to play and the tiniest bit of courage,

however,

In return all I get it dissapointment and excuses,

I don't even get the tip, not even just once,

So please God if nothing else,

Please do away with Pete,

forget about the firing the coach, forget about ticket discounts, forget about everything else,

Just do away with Pete,

Thank you God.

- Eddie

#469 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:The LA galaxy, The Sox, The DC5
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Boston Red Sox

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:32 AM

i am so bothered by our loss tonight even that i don't think i can sleep. i will pace in circles to remember the debacle that is pass-back Pete. i wonder what the fall-out will be tomorrow? i am thinking a for sure bet is yallop goes bye bye within 48 hours. after that it is all Leiweke's call.

#470 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:36 AM

Catamount, I'm not disputing that Pete was awful tonight, but it seems to me he was just unlucky on the own goal. We had a breakdown on the right side which they had been exploiting because Beckham was playing so high. What I remember was Pete desperately rushing back to cover other people's mistakes and couldn't handle the hard cross. Help me out if you remember it differently.

And I neglected to mention earlier that the ref was horrible - we got homered on our own field. Pachuca dove early and often and the ref fell for it. The AR on the bench side was also terrible - he blew several offside calls, once for Pachuca and a couple of times for us. It seems that any time the Nats or an American club play in CONCACAF, it will also be called like an away game.

I also wonder what the heck went wrong with Pachuca in the second half. In the first 45 they were ready to run us off the field. If they had come out with authority in the first fifteen minutes of the second it would have been game over. Instead, they sort of drifted and let us back into the game. I don't think we made any amazing adjustments - although Cobi for Pavon sure helped. I think Pachuca lost the plot for awhile.

And one more gripe. $20 to park in the dirt because I wasn't allowed to go to Lot 13 because I made the mistake of entering through the gate the website said to use. Plus I'd had my car detailed this morning, so I was extra happy to play extra money to park in the dirt. Awesome job, HDC.

#471 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:My name is Ali. I live in the real part of the OC. <br />I hate USC, Chivas, the Clippers, and ManUre.
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:36 AM

i am so bothered by our loss tonight even that i don't think i can sleep. i will pace in circles to remember the debacle that is pass-back Pete.

That makes two of us. I made the mistake of watching the highlights after going to In-n-out (I only go to Tommy's to celebrate :P ). I think I might just have to pull out some Nyquil....
The picture is of the greatest city in the USA- LOS ANGELES!

We are 137!! LAG till I die

2009 Champs: Lakers, Angels, Galaxy , Kings
Oh well 1/4 and 3 division titles and 2 conference championships, looking good

2010 Champs: Lakers, Angels, Galaxy, Kings

#472 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:38 AM

I think I might just have to pull out some Nyquil....

Waaay ahead of you my friend :P
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#473 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:40 AM

Was there a second fight? I only saw the one where AnthonyNHB, bum knee and all, went in to help out a couple of our guys who got pulled into 137.

#474 saltydog

saltydog

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:44 AM

I agree with those who blame the FO for making our home feel like Azteca. Fuck that! The first time we played Pachuca, it wasn't that way. Why this time? Because the FO didn't make arrangements for season tix holders. Pachuca doesn't have that many fans, but dumbass mex-am wannabes in a mex soccer shirt will fart out their mouths for any mex team.

I'm sure the FO marketed this game to mex fans in So Cal. It's called the SuperLiga for fucks sake and its broadcast on mexican channels. Come'on AEG, have some fuckin' pride in your house ... oh yeah, you fuckin' gave that up and lost all pride when you agreed to share the place with the Fuckin' Goats. Dumbasses. And it hasn't resulted in lower tix prices or more game tix like the one tonight should have been.

It's depressing enough to watch this team. You multiply it by a thousand, we we come to our home grounds and feels like a foreign country. Fuck that! Fuck you FO. Had to explain to my son all the bullshit going on around by dumb ass mex fans.

Otherwise, at least the G's showed some heart. Donovan will be lookin' hard in the mirror after this.

Our defense sucks ass!! Cannon saved us time and time again

#475 Hot Rod

Hot Rod

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Interests:Soccer(football),Hot Rods,Pony Cars,Muscle Cars,Classics,Kustoms
  • Supports:LA Galaxy,Manchester United,USA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

It seriously bothers me to hear how a lot of the dumb ass pro-pachuca crowd was acting. No class what so ever.From what I saw on t.v. it seems as if though pachuca acted in a decent manner towards the Galaxy players after the game,but I wasn't there so who knows,but they seemed respective.Sad to hear how ignorant and dumb many of the rival fans were.The marketing of this tournament was completely sad and shameful.The Galaxy FO shows no love towards us and treats us as numbers instead of fans.I feel they sell themselves out as well as us without a single ounce of remourse or thought.
Wolves Athletic Indoor Soccer Club

Cardiff City legends - John Charles, Fred Keenor, Robin Friday

#476 Anglokixx

Anglokixx

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Supports:Norwich City

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:42 AM

It's 2:30 a.m. and 10 of us are reading this thread.

On a weekday morning.

Here's the view from the press box and the bad news on Beckham: 100Percent Soccer

#477 palomitas41

palomitas41

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:46 AM

I thought that it was Gordon too. Someone had to tell me that it was Klein. Can't really blame Pass back Pete for the loss. I don't see Klein taking too many chances to score and he whips out a bicycle kick! That is something that Fish or Herc would do. It seemed like desperation from Klein. Don't get me wrong I went F'ing nuts when it happened, but had PV not scored for Pachuca then I don't think the G's would have been in desperation mode thus no bicycle. So the game still would have went 120 scoreless and then PKs anyway. I could be wrong but just my opinion.

P.S. We should also add to the list of people to fire who ever let the Pachuca fans to out number the Galaxy fans. WTF! I get there and I’m like am I in the right place? Where are all the Galaxy fans?

#478 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:59 AM

Down to three of us on this thread now, and wonderman doesn't sleep - he waits. Off to bed.

Oh and strike my complaint about the dirt parking messing up my newly detailed car. There's a thunder and lightning storm happening at my house right now.

#479 cj.herrera

cj.herrera

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Supports:LA. US.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:33 AM

It's one thing to lose a match when you've been outplayed.
The boys gave a great effort in the second half, but, as someone mentioned, without Cannon's heroics it could have been a lot, lot, lot worse.

But it's another thing entirely to have the trophy in your hand, and give it away.

Just as a supporter, to have our best player over the last few years have the opportunity to salvage this turdblossom of a season, win a historic victory, seal an astounding comeback and fuck it away really, really hurts.

Donovan played his ass off during the match. But I'm going to vent a wee bit:
If you're going to pull that Santeria shit before every PK, then you better bury every fucking PK. Because otherwise a) it's stupid and b) plays into every criticism you've been getting over the years:
It's a indulgent, it's pure diva, it's a crutch, it's weak sauce.

Be a man and step to the spot, win or lose. Baggio, Shevchenko, Beckham, Rui Costa, Riquelme -- some of the best players in the world have missed key penalties. None of them need a seance beforehand or after.

This hurt more than it should have. Big props to all in 138. Can't believe the shit it sounds like you guys had to put up with last night.

#480 Cozmo

Cozmo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Supports:G's, Santos Laguna and US Soccer

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

Anyone sitting near Section 120 around the 43rd minute?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users