#1 fradista

fradista

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, Ferencváros

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

I just wanted say ‘hey.’ My name is Dan and I live in Sacramento. I got into soccer about 5 years ago when I lived in Budapest, Hungary. I went to my first game there and saw Ferencváros vs. Stuttgart in the UEFA cup and have been hooked ever since. I bought season tickets for Ferencváros that year and loved it. I have not gotten into MLS yet but follow the USMNT. My brother lives in LA and I took him to the Gold Cup at Home Depot. That got him into soccer and has been going to Galaxy games with you guys since. He has made me a Galaxy fan and I am going to fly down for a couple games this year.

Hope to meet some of you guys and buy you a beer.

:cheers:

#2 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

Just let us know ahead of time when you come down. 1 beer's on me.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#3 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP<br />1) LARS Worship<br />2) Hyper-Enthusiasm<br />3) Delusional Misbelief<br />4) Cognizant Sarcasm<br />5) Ambivalent Apathy<br /><br />::: FC LOT 13 :::<br />--------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

I just wanted say ‘hey.’ My name is Dan and I live in Sacramento. I got into soccer about 5 years ago when I lived in Budapest, Hungary. I went to my first game there and saw Ferencváros vs. Stuttgart in the UEFA cup and have been hooked ever since. I bought season tickets for Ferencváros that year and loved it. I have not gotten into MLS yet but follow the USMNT. My brother lives in LA and I took him to the Gold Cup at Home Depot. That got him into soccer and has been going to Galaxy games with you guys since. He has made me a Galaxy fan and I am going to fly down for a couple games this year.

Hope to meet some of you guys and buy you a beer.

:cheers:

Hey Dan!
Welcome to LARS. I went to High School up in Sac, well El Dorado Hills really. Wherabouts are you at?

Next time you arehere for a game, be sure to introduce yourself to the bald white guy with a goatee...it's a 33.33% chance it's me. The other bald guys are cool too.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#4 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hajrá Fradi!!

Hey bro.

You guys can ultimately blame him for my forum spam.

#5 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP<br />1) LARS Worship<br />2) Hyper-Enthusiasm<br />3) Delusional Misbelief<br />4) Cognizant Sarcasm<br />5) Ambivalent Apathy<br /><br />::: FC LOT 13 :::<br />--------------------

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

cool
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#6 fradista

fradista

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

Hey Dan!
Welcome to LARS. I went to High School up in Sac, well El Dorado Hills really. Wherabouts are you at?

Next time you arehere for a game, be sure to introduce yourself to the bald white guy with a goatee...it's a 33.33% chance it's me. The other bald guys are cool too.

I live off Watt and Folsom. I have some friends who live in EDH. Nice area.

I am also a fellow goateed bald white guy. The hair line was starting to go so I figured I would go bald on my own terms, so I shaved it.

I will be there for Chivas on Saturday the 26th. I am really looking forward to it.

And by the way, the Chivas Girls blow-up dolls must have been the coolest thing I have ever seen. I just saw that on youtube the other day and I laughed my ass off. Nothing shows a quality supporters group like synchronized blow-up doll leg clapping.

#7 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:57 PM

I live off Watt and Folsom.

Ha ha! That's by 'Manlove'!
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#8 fradista

fradista

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

Ha ha! That's by 'Manlove'!

I will open myself up to all sorts of criticism here, but I actually live on Manlove. Yes, I ride Manlove every day. I find it much funnier than my wife does.

I actually just hung out in EDH last weekend, went to the Purple Place. Fun bar.

I am fairly new to Sacramento, do you know any good bars to watch games around here?

#9 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

I will open myself up to all sorts of criticism here, but I actually live on Manlove. Yes, I ride Manlove every day. I find it much funnier than my wife does.

I actually just hung out in EDH last weekend, went to the Purple Place. Fun bar.

I am fairly new to Sacramento, do you know any good bars to watch games around here?

That's awesome.
I can't believe the fucking Purple Place is still around. I was way too young to drink when I lived there. I bet Mack "the hack" is still butchering men and boy's haircuts there, too.

You should hook up with "Phishy Brewer"...he lives up in Sac, too. (Best of all, he's a beer brewer!!!!!!!) Downside is he's a big Man U fan.

Streets of London
in Sac:
1804 J. Street
(916) 498-1388
in Folsom:
649 E. Bidwell
(916) 984 3706

Fox and Goose
1001 R. Street
(916) 443-8825
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users