#1 thesign777

thesign777

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Lakers, Angels, Ducks, Sol

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jimmy and Saturday's game against KC was my first, although I've watched quite a few on the tube. I was sitting in 130 and watched you guys having a great time in 138 and decided I want to be a part of that.

I've got a couple buddies that want to partake as well. We'll definitely bring some brew to lot 13 on our next venture up to HDC, but who knows when we'll actually make it.

I've been to tons of Angels games, a few Lakers and many Ducks, but the Galaxy game was definitely the best experience. Can't wait to get back there and cheer on the boys.

Posted Image

Jimmy(I'm in the hat)
Let's go Lakers! Let's go Angels! Let's go Ducks! Let's go Galaxy! Let's go Sol!

#2 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP<br />1) LARS Worship<br />2) Hyper-Enthusiasm<br />3) Delusional Misbelief<br />4) Cognizant Sarcasm<br />5) Ambivalent Apathy<br /><br />::: FC LOT 13 :::<br />--------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

Welcome Jim!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#3 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

Waddup dude. Prepare for good times. These are cool people.

#4 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hey Jimmy... Welcome abroad and bring your friends along! Also, look into one of our viewing parties which is another great way to be able to meet and chat with people as well!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#5 CCW

CCW

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, G's, Watford

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Hey Jimmy... Welcome abroad and bring your friends along! Also, look into one of our viewing parties which is another great way to be able to meet and chat with people as well!

Welcome to the group !

#6 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

yo yo you Jive turkey!!! ...sorry I'm still working on slang.

Sup Jim glad to have ya, we should all be meeting up in Manhattan beach this weekend for the away viewing if you and ur peeps can make it there. The viewing parties are usually more intimate (not sexually...unless ur into that) settings to get to know everybody.

ZC
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#7 thesign777

thesign777

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. I probably won't make it to the viewing party in MB, I'm from San Clemente, so that'd be a bit of drive for me. Maybe next time though.

Jimmy
Let's go Lakers! Let's go Angels! Let's go Ducks! Let's go Galaxy! Let's go Sol!

#8 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. I probably won't make it to the viewing party in MB, I'm from San Clemente, so that'd be a bit of drive for me. Maybe next time though.

Jimmy

Yeha mentioning cities does nothing for me. For having lived in LA My entire life I know where absolutely nothing is except my school and the Home Depot Center...I know that sounds like a joke but i'm totally serious

ZC
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#9 thesign777

thesign777

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

Yeha mentioning cities does nothing for me. For having lived in LA My entire life I know where absolutely nothing is except my school and the Home Depot Center...I know that sounds like a joke but i'm totally serious
ZC

Haha. How about south OC, on the border of Camp Pendleton? About 45 miles south of HDC on the 5 freeway.

Jimmy

#10 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

Haha. How about south OC, on the border of Camp Pendleton? About 45 miles south of HDC on the 5 freeway.
Jimmy

You'll have to forgive Zero Cool... he's a nice guy and all but a bit on the um... slow side! Just look at the Nerds thread!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#11 thesign777

thesign777

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

So.... Are there any good ways to getting around the $15 parking fee? Somewhere offsite that's not too far to walk or something? If not, do most of you park in lot 13 for pre-game stuff? What time do people start showing up there?

Jimmy

Oh, one more question.

I saw that on the list of things you can't bring to the game it says "professional camera equipment". I've got DSLR with a 70-200(decent sized) lens, is that considered "professional"? Anybody brought anything similar in? I'd love to get some good shots of the game and LARS.

Jimmy

#12 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

So.... Are there any good ways to getting around the $15 parking fee? Somewhere offsite that's not too far to walk or something? If not, do most of you park in lot 13 for pre-game stuff? What time do people start showing up there?

For a weekend game, people start showing up 1.5 to 2 hours before kickoff. Weekday games, about 5:30.

If you get there early enough, you can park right outside Lot 13 on Victoria Street. If there's none left, you can find a spot on Central, but you'll have a pretty good walk.

I put my bicycle on the back of the car and park down at Victoria and Broadway. I beat traffic going in and coming out that way.

#13 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

You'll have to forgive Zero Cool... he's a nice guy and all but a bit on the um... slow side! Just look at the Nerds thread!

don't mind her. You know women; they're all crazy.

You can always park over at the Ralphs by the HDC and walk in. Its what I do, but its a BITCH when your leaving and you've gotta walk back

#14 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

don't mind her. You know women; they're all crazy.
You can always park over at the Ralphs by the HDC and walk in. Its what I do, but its a BITCH when your leaving and you've gotta walk back

I never recommend Ralphs as 1) It's just as far as Central, and 2) You could possibly get towed (although I've never heard of anyone getting towed).

#15 thesign777

thesign777

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

Anyone know if the DSLR camera with an 8-10 inch lens would be allowed into the HDC?

thanks,
Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users