• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31 Section 8 El Guapo

Section 8 El Guapo

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire...Beer....Women....Beer....Section 8....Beer....Women.....New England Sucks......Beer....Duck Fallas....Beer.....
  • Supports:Your mom at Polkatz

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

This is great.
Posted Image

HAHAHA!!!!

Thanks I needed that...lol
WB05

UNA VIDA...UNA MUERTE...UN CLUB

#32 FairWeatherFan

FairWeatherFan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Women, Soccer, NBA, Swimming, Air Guitar Contests, etc.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

I was angry until I saw that animated GIF.

Awesome work by whatever DC or Fire fan created that.

#33 BluesFire

BluesFire

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Chelsea FC

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

Blanco is fucked. I saw the video and he "FORE SURE" takes a swing and connects. I see a fine, plus 1-2 game suspension being handed down by the league.

Why does it seem like our season is going to hell..

Posted Image

#34 UkrainianFireFan

UkrainianFireFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Interests:FIRE
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

anyone have a video of the whole incident?

#35 SINema (TRS)

SINema (TRS)

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

hold on a second, MLS can't do anything to blanco or anything about this incident!... can they? that's what i thought, since this game was out of their jurisdiction. It was an Open Cup game, which any team in the country can qualify for and play in, and therefore has nothing to do with MLS... and probably won't be able to suspend Blanco for any amount of time.

can anyone help me figure this out?

if that's the way it works, which i think it is.? Props to Blanco for knowing his time and place, when and where he could mangle D.C. a little bit...mad props.

-T

#36 Murtaugh

Murtaugh

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,856 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

This is great.
Posted Image

That is the greatest thing I've seen in ages. If it could be made into a banner I'd do it.

#37 Murtaugh

Murtaugh

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,856 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

hold on a second, MLS can't do anything to blanco or anything about this incident!... can they? that's what i thought, since this game was out of their jurisdiction. It was an Open Cup game, which any team in the country can qualify for and play in, and therefore has nothing to do with MLS... and probably won't be able to suspend Blanco for any amount of time.

It would be awfully hypocritical of the league to claim no broadcast or promotional responsibility for the USOC but hold players accountable for discipline in the competition.

We've had players suspended before for egregious actions in the USOC (Kosecki) that did not affect their league status.

#38 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

can anyone help me figure this out?

if that's the way it works, which i think it is.? Props to Blanco for knowing his time and place, when and where he could mangle D.C. a little bit...mad props.

-T

Can the USSF?

#39 Section 8 El Guapo

Section 8 El Guapo

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire...Beer....Women....Beer....Section 8....Beer....Women.....New England Sucks......Beer....Duck Fallas....Beer.....
  • Supports:Your mom at Polkatz

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

Can the USSF?

Isn't Blanco Mexican???
WB05

UNA VIDA...UNA MUERTE...UN CLUB

#40 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

Blanco got a red card. He's not 'fucked'. He deserved a red card and he got it. No big deal. The rumors about headbutts and police action are still just rumors.

Any suspension is for Open Cup only, not league play. USSF runs the Open Cup. They would have to go to MLS and ask for punishment. They won't do that. This isn't the first time something like this happened. Hernandez attacked nowak back in the day and was only suspended for Open Cup play. He was sharpening his cleats and tying that stupid shoelace around his oversized head for the next weekends MLS match like normal.
www.theredcardna.org

#41 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Blanco got a red card. He's not 'fucked'. He deserved a red card and he got it. No big deal. The rumors about headbutts and police action are still just rumors.

Any suspension is for Open Cup only, not league play. USSF runs the Open Cup. They would have to go to MLS and ask for punishment. They won't do that. This isn't the first time something like this happened. Hernandez attacked nowak back in the day and was only suspended for Open Cup play. He was sharpening his cleats and tying that stupid shoelace around his oversized head for the next weekends MLS match like normal.

The question, then, is why MLS has apparently requested video of the events?

From Goff: (can't link or quote properly since this board is totally fucked for me)

"Here is D.C. United's comment on the situation: "As a result of incidents last night, Major League Soccer has requested video footage, which we are preparing and will be sending to the league," United spokesman Doug Hicks said. Hicks said MLS will have the video today."
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#42 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

because they are still trying to decipher how moving pictures in a box work.

That is why we didn't get ANY video anywhere for this USOC matchup.

Glad they magically got video of the 'incident' though.

#43 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Isn't Blanco Mexican???

Of course, which is why Burch thinks every other true blue, patriotic al-queda hating American is being allowed to get kicked and punched by the refs during MLS play, while any loyal, god-fearing, gun-owning American who so much as farts within 20 feet of Blanco gets a red card. Oh, the horrros of being an American in the MLS!

Seriously, though, I think the USSF, as a member of FIFA, can bar Blanco from playing in any FIFA matches inside the US for calendar days. I think. And I am not sure about the relationship between USSF and MLS as far as governnce or control. I also don't know if there are any MLS rules or if there exists in Blanco's contract any clauses concerning "off-time behavior." I just hope that at some point, USSF/MLS asks DCU if it is their policy to have FO schmucks run over to opposing players and scream at them to get off the field, when that is the job of the refs and any security on the field. Blanco could have gotten a red for dissent, and the actions of that FO schmuck could have resulted in a riot on the field and in the stands. That schmuck couldn't wait to instigate a fight, and figured the cops would back him up. Ever hear of that sort of thing happeneing before? In DC, MD, or IL? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww.

PS: Bitchy Boy Burch: if Blanco swung "as hard as he could" against Clyde Simms, it would have been Blanco kneeing Clyde in the face when he was sitting on the pitch, and not the other way around. NOW who's the whiner, always making a mountain out of a molehill, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

#44 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

The question, then, is why MLS has apparently requested video of the events?

From Goff: (can't link or quote properly since this board is totally fucked for me)

"Here is D.C. United's comment on the situation: "As a result of incidents last night, Major League Soccer has requested video footage, which we are preparing and will be sending to the league," United spokesman Doug Hicks said. Hicks said MLS will have the video today."

I am sure DC complained to the league. They have to review whatever info they can.

I highly doubt anyhting more them MAYBE a fine from all this.

Blanco won't be suspended for any league games out of this. Bank that.

This isn't the first time something has gotten out of hand in USOC play and it's not the first time fans have called for the head of the perp.
Posted Image
www.theredcardna.org

#45 BallsDeepFC

BallsDeepFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Supports:FIRE-BDFC 2004-9-SOCO WARRIORS 2009

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

which we are preparing and will be sending to the league,

does this mean DC is doing some creative editing? oh wait wasnt that video ES brent posted earlier the video they are sending to MLS?

Does this hurt the FIRE for not having a camera there and being able to get their side on tape? maybe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users