Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:00 AM

Helping my buddy Tracer out and starting a thread about why we each hate the earthquakes. For you old seasoned (bitter, alzheimer ridden, dementia affected) OG's you can fill in us newbies with your old war stories. And for you new people who made the last trip you can tell us any stories you got. Go nuts

Personally, I hate the Earthquakes because of 2 separate stories involving the same group. Their fans. On the trip that insane guy who took his shirt off and pounded his chest (while standing behind a sheriff) screaming "This is San Jose!!!" to which i turned around and said "hey...baboo...this is Oakland. And your WAY to energetic about a city that sucks".

Second story involves the home opener this year where a group of 7 or so Earthquake fans walked by the south end and tried to start some shit with me and EtZ. it was that day i learned how ballsy Ed was, when he was easily the shortest in the dispute yet he was the first one in their face. They're all bitch made nukka's and we'll shut their god damn mouths up this weekend.

So go...discuss...NOW!
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#2 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

I just think it's just a shit team plain and simple. Why doesn't San Fransisco have an MLS team insted?

My impression of the fans is worse, to me they all seem like Vanilla Ice with their pencil thin beards and their norcal white trash demeanor. They are kind of like the justin timberlake troll horde of the north. I wonder if they and the chivas have annual asshole conventions, seems like they would get along.
HIKING METAL PUNX

#3 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Because I'm from there...

Let me explain to you the mentality of San Jose-ites. They have a massive inferiority complex. They want to be taken seriously as this big metropolis, and outside of computer chips nobody could give a rats ass about the place. They know this, and it drives them hella insane.

That's pretty much the bottom line. They want REALLY badly to be taken seriously. They want a big franchise like the Giants or A's or 49ers or whatever, but every time it starts to kinda happen, somebody stops and goes "WTF San Jose???" and it falls apart. They actually spend taxpayer money on the "San Jose Orchestra" and try to get people to spend money on their shite downtown because they have convinced themselves that they actually have culture... and basically everybody in San Jose acts like they are really in the center of all the action. LA, NY, Chicago.... SAN JOSE! It kills them like you don't understand how untrue it is, and they know it.

But nobody GOES to San Jose for any reason, unless they are Japanese businessmen. It has an industrial niche, no question, but thinks that it is MUCH more important than it really is. So when us tan Los Angeles David Beckham sunglasses-wearing types come up there and rub our awesomeness in their face, it really makes their veins explode.

San Jose is like the Orange Country of San Francisco, but it doesn't realize it yet. It still thinks it should be the NEW San Francisco. I would really enjoy San Jose if would just understand its place in the world. But they want so badly to be more important than they are, it's hysterical.

Also, the lightrail in San Jose is the biggest, most expensive failure of a government project you will ever have witnessed. They spend millions of dollars on a thing that nobody uses because nobody is interested in going anywhere that it actually connects to. I think it loses something like 3 or 4 dollars for every person who actually boards the stupid thing. San Jose is run but small-town morons that get elected by convincing the people who live there that they will become an important destination. It's hysterical really.

It's really really easy for me to hate them.

I love San Francisco, that'll never change. But when it comes to San Jose, nothing feels better than returning as a conquering hero with LA on my shirt.

PS "Suburb of Frisco" is a chant that will give them an aneurysm, and now I hope you have a little bit of insight why.

When I compare LA to SJ, I always think of this guy:

Posted Image

#4 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#5 Macbradaigh

Macbradaigh

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Brown eyed girls, DRINKING, surfing, futbol, dancing, and seeing irish rock bands. (in that order)
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy, and breasts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Helping my buddy Tracer out and starting a thread about why we each hate the earthquakes. For you old seasoned (bitter, alzheimer ridden, dementia affected) OG's you can fill in us newbies with your old war stories. And for you new people who made the last trip you can tell us any stories you got. Go nuts

Personally, I hate the Earthquakes because of 2 separate stories involving the same group. Their fans. On the trip that insane guy who took his shirt off and pounded his chest (while standing behind a sheriff) screaming "This is San Jose!!!" to which i turned around and said "hey...baboo...this is Oakland. And your WAY to energetic about a city that sucks".

Second story involves the home opener this year where a group of 7 or so Earthquake fans walked by the south end and tried to start some shit with me and EtZ. it was that day i learned how ballsy Ed was, when he was easily the shortest in the dispute yet he was the first one in their face. They're all bitch made nukka's and we'll shut their god damn mouths up this weekend.

So go...discuss...NOW!

I hated them, because? "Oh Yeah their fans were messing with us that we had to leave. Not that I couldn't finish my drink on the buss, but I want ted to drink on their soil and relish in it." and that they took my Cannon away.
Hi Mom

#6 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:My name is Ali. I live in the real part of the OC. <br />I hate USC, Chivas, the Clippers, and ManUre.
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

San Jose is like the Orange Country of San Francisco

Fuck you. I always thought Oakland was the OC of Frisco
The picture is of the greatest city in the USA- LOS ANGELES!

We are 137!! LAG till I die

2009 Champs: Lakers, Angels, Galaxy , Kings
Oh well 1/4 and 3 division titles and 2 conference championships, looking good

2010 Champs: Lakers, Angels, Galaxy, Kings

#7 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

This thread should be renamed to: "Why I used to hate Landon Donovan".

For those of you who don't know - In 2003 we faced the Earthquakes in a home and away playoff series. We beat them 2 - 0 at home. When we went up 2 - 0 at San Jose, we were 4 goals - I say again - 4 mother fucking goals ahead of those bastards. The crowd was chanting "Beat LA!". Thanks to Landy Cakes, they came back and beat us 5 - 2.

Watch it here:

Edit: Note Pete Vagenas playing his ass off in the clip. He even scored the second LA goal. He's gotten old, and the league has passed him by skills wise, but he was a major contributor back then.

#8 USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

That's really funny because only people from Orange County call San Francisco "Frisco."

#9 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

No, San Jose is the OC of San Francisco.

Oakland is the..... Oakland of San Francisco.

#10 USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

Ha ha! Exactly

#11 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:My name is Ali. I live in the real part of the OC. <br />I hate USC, Chivas, the Clippers, and ManUre.
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

Well I see Oakland as the LA of OC :P
The picture is of the greatest city in the USA- LOS ANGELES!

We are 137!! LAG till I die

2009 Champs: Lakers, Angels, Galaxy , Kings
Oh well 1/4 and 3 division titles and 2 conference championships, looking good

2010 Champs: Lakers, Angels, Galaxy, Kings

#12 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

after the 2003 playoff game, the ride back from that shithole made me hate that place. 8 hours on that bus made me think about really evil stuff.

#13 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

Well I see Oakland as the LA of OC :P

Focus! Focus on the evil of San Jose! A SoCal divided cannot stand!

Posted Image

#14 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

For those of you who don't know - In 2003 we faced the Earthquakes in a home and away playoff series. We beat them 2 - 0 at home. When we went up 2 - 0 at San Jose, we were 4 goals - I say again - 4 mother fucking goals ahead of those bastards. The crowd was chanting "Beat LA!". Thanks to Landy Cakes, they came back and beat us 5 - 2.

Watch it here:

Edit: Note Pete Vagenas playing his ass off in the clip. He even scored the second LA goal. He's gotten old, and the league has passed him by skills wise, but he was a major contributor back then.

This will ALWAYS be reason # 1

#15 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Watch it here:

god dammit zero, this is why i didn't want a thread like this opened... so painful to remember that. i couldn't get myself to even see the clip over. coupled by that god forsaken chant.

i hate the clash and the earthquake 1 and 2 more then chivas usa... and as esco said, the above will always be reason #1.

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users