Well if you have friends of family living in Chicago who want to make some money (Troy), this is for you:
We are looking for referrals to friends and family who might be interested in participating in a study about social connections (specifically, how people communicate through various methods like phone calls, greeting cards, e-cards, Facebooking, texting, etc.). Study participants must fulfill the following qualifications:
- Live in or near Chicago (i.e., within reasonable driving distance)
- Ages 16-53 years old
- Be an engaging person (i.e., someone who can talk openly to a moderator and amongst friends or family for several hours)
- Be willing to host group interviews in their home (a 90-minute one-on-one session with the moderator, followed by a 90-minute session with a group of 2-4 additional friends and family)
- Not know the nitty gritty details of my job (e.g., doesn’t know the details about professionally writing/taking surveys or conducting research) - in essence, we want to screen out professional survey or focus group respondents
If you have any friends, family, or know of anyone else who you think might fit this description and who would be interested in and willing to participate in this research, we would very much appreciate your help in recruiting them for our study! If you or someone you think might quality, just click (or have them click) on the link below.
If you’re interested in and qualify for this study, here are a few more details about what to expect:
• You will be asked to host an interviewer and a couple of researchers from LRW in your home
- Please note that the researchers are attending to take notes and videotape the session. All information is confidential and strictly for research purposes only.
- You will be asked to help us find three or four people (friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, etc.) to come to your home to participate in this research.
- On the day of the interview, you will:
- Possible dates - Jan 31st – February 10th
- Complete a 90-minute one-on-one interview in your home to talk about how you interact with your friends and family.
- Your friends and family will next arrive for a 90-minute group conversation in your home.
- Topics for both the one-on-one and the group session will focus on who you communicate with, what you use to communicate (e.g., phone calls, visits, texts, cards, social networking, etc.), and why you choose what you do for communications.
As a thank you for your time and for opening your home to us, LRW will give you $300 and each of your invited guests will get $75 too.
If you are interested in participating in this research, please click on the link below to see if you qualify! This is a short survey and should not take more than 5-10 minutes. If you do qualify, a member of the LRW research team will follow-up with you within a week or so to discuss further details. Thank you in advance for your interest!