LARS Player of the Year
Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:34 PM
Part MVP and part "our guy", the Riot Squad Player of the Year Trophy is once again up for grabs. Every year we honor one member of the Galaxy with our own trophy. Winners aren't always the best player on the pitch for that particular year but they're always somehow connected to LARS. If you want to vote for an MVP, join the Associated Press. If you want to help write history, then you're in the right place. Think back on the 2010 season, what one player will you honor for his contributions to the season and respect towards LARS both on and off the field?
Previous winners are
2002 - Alexi Lalas
2003 - Kevin Hartman
2004 - Ryan Saurez
2005 - Herculez Gomez
2006 - Cobi Jones
2007 - Landon Donovan
2008 - Chris Klein
2009 - Landon Donovan
Voting is open now and will run through Sunday night. The trophy will be presented to the winner following the match on the 16th. Votes will only be counted via email. Your email must contain, your LARS screen name, your full name and the player you are voting for. No other submissions aside from email will be accepted, one vote per person.
Send your vote to -
info at LA Riot Squad dot org
Let the voting begin.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:25 PM
I think as of now my vote is split. I'll wait for the deadline also in case anything develops.
I'd love to see the man who's mission this year was to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans and took it all the way to the World Cup, and gave us a shoutout on TV over his own family, holding it up with the man that comes over to give us love and bought us a keg.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:30 PM
I picture presentation day....
Omar hoisting the trophy. Will I feel bad for Edson Buddle who will probably have 17 or 18 goals and the golden boot? Yes, what else must a man do?
Buddle drinking from LARS' keg. Will I feel bad for Omar who has been a rock in defense and went out of his way to get us warm beer? Yes, isn't beer what the spirit of LARS is about?
Dema celebrating with LARS... no survivors.
I will submit my vote at the last possible moment just to fuck with the system, and to mess with Skinner.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:38 PM
Now if Edson bought a keg for any of the next games... well, election over.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:43 PM
...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...
Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:45 PM
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)
It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:46 PM
No man, Gordon got transfered...remember?
I know who tracer is voting for...
Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:23 PM
Who I am considering (as if you really cared...)
1) Juhninono - When he ain't there, we ain't there. The guy runs and runs and when shit goes right, it's usually because he's the one doing them.
2) Todd Dunivant - The guy came out and put in another workman like effort for yet another year. Sure the dude ain't as fast as Usan Bolt or Jeff Cunningham but more often than not the goals only came from his side when Landon was playing left wing...
3) Eddie Lewis (not really, but gotta give him props for the two footed Chest Tackle against that sliding chivas cunt!)
4) Stevens - Clearly his chances have been lacking as of late, but the guy is pure class and during the WC stretch, the guy was there running his ass off every night.
5) Ricketts - Do I even need an explanation?
Who I am not...
1) Edson - 14 goals is a lot. 17 goals is a lot. All it means is you scored a bunch of goals.
2) Landon - He went on Regis and Kelly, that's grounds for revoking a LARS POTY trophy my book.
3) Omar - Meh. He's a beast and he bought beer, but without beerholder is really lacking in the leadership department. It has been showing the past few games. I doubt the guy is a meathead, but he's not defensive general either.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:26 PM
Mikey Stevens! That guy rocks it hard!!!
Don't you mean. Michael Lewis?
Courtesy of Graham Jones.
The Galaxy took the lead in the 23rd minute when midfielder Michael Lewis picked out Buddle with an excellent diagonal cross and Buddle did the rest with a cool finish from distance.
Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:47 PM
Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:57 PM
“I’d love to be at that camp,” he told MLSsoccer.com. “But I’m not playing my greatest right now, so I’m not too disappointed. I’m coming off a hamstring injury and being in that environment would probably put some stress on my hamstring anyway.”
“The new guys make it competitive,” said Buddle. “It’s good. It’s more at stake. Hopefully that can elevate everyone’s game—especially at my position. When things are competitive, it helps my game in the long run. When you have to fight for your job, you end up doing great things with your potential.”
Just standard "taking it one day at a time" BS quotes for journalists. What's he supposed to say? "Fuck Bradley and his useless US camps for a lame Poland friendly"?
Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:59 PM
This is Josh proof.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users