169 replies to this topic

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USA, Everton, Barca

Back to the circular masturbatory plot lines. Worst episode of the 2nd half. I honestly spent the whole time during this episode farting around on my ipad.

5 minutes to go? Dale is killed.....i'm ok with it. Would have been somewhat interested last season, but his character has been pointless this season. All he's done for 10 episodes is have the same argument with Shane over and over...nothing happens, nothing progresses.

meant to post this a few days ago...this writer pretty much represents my thoughts in a nutshell. http://tv.ign.com/ar.../1219955p1.html

Follow me and my RBNY fandom on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JayJeeMoNee

"Forget returning to the Metrostars; we should be called FC Revolving Door and be done with it." - Voice of Reason II

"The plus side of watching this team for so long is that nothing remotely surprises me anymore. Henry could have taken his shorts off and cocksmacked someone to earn a red, and all I would have said is "That's so Metro." - Regulator

"In between soccer games this weekend, I played 36 holes of golf with my dad. Playing golf, I realized, is a bit like watching the Red Bulls play. Both can have the tendency to feel like self-inflicted torture. You wonder why you do it at all. But when it’s over, you can’t wait to do it again. To New England we go, then." - Andrew Keh

"In the Church they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

"Forget returning to the Metrostars; we should be called FC Revolving Door and be done with it." - Voice of Reason II

"The plus side of watching this team for so long is that nothing remotely surprises me anymore. Henry could have taken his shorts off and cocksmacked someone to earn a red, and all I would have said is "That's so Metro." - Regulator

"In between soccer games this weekend, I played 36 holes of golf with my dad. Playing golf, I realized, is a bit like watching the Red Bulls play. Both can have the tendency to feel like self-inflicted torture. You wonder why you do it at all. But when it’s over, you can’t wait to do it again. To New England we go, then." - Andrew Keh

"In the Church they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
1. How was Carl able to slip out of the house in the first place? 2. Of all places, why would Shane elect to have his stand-off and kill Rick within seeing distance of the house, where surely someone would be on lookout. 3. Holy shit.

Not sure I like the direction they took Shane. But if one thing was done well, it's that the danger Shane posed to the group (and Rick in particular) has grown steadily throughout the season. Still, I think the problem remains that there has been so little sense of impending doom... in Season 1, there was always a big threat pushing them into more difficult decisions, and the suspense built. This season, the best episodes had threats that existed basically in isolation (the bar scene and war that ensued, Rick and Shane dropping off Rescue Me kid, etc.). Hopefully, that will change now that they're gonna be ambushed by walkers, and likely be leaving the farm to end the season.

Was Carl initially pointing the gun at his dad?!? It was hard to tell if he put his gun up before or after Shane got up.

And also, I think there's another huge reveal -- the secret that Jenner told Rick last season. The revelation that you don't have to be bit to turn into a walker, and that humans must already have the disease, can't be what he whispered to Rick because he didn't seem to realize it when Shane turned into a walker.
And there has to be more to that as well, since the scene on the highway from the S2 premier had a ton of corpses that were just dead, not walkers. What about them?

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Was Carl initially pointing the gun at his dad?!? It was hard to tell if he put his gun up before or after Shane got up.

From what I've been reading on other websites, Carl was pointing the gun at zombie-Shane not at Rick. And you're right, the other websites are saying that humans are infected with the disease (to a certain extent) and that it lays dormant until you die.

This whole you don't need to be bitten by a Walker to turn into a Walker thing, is a pretty interesting plot twist. I liked it. Even though there wasn't much action in this episode I enjoyed it. Should be a good S2 finale next week.

Side note: This is kind of bothering me. It seems like once a Walker attacks you, he goes HAM on your body, e.g. taking the guts out, removing limbs, etc. For example, Carl's Walker that killed Dale last episode went for the guts first once he knocked Dale to the ground. How are there so many Walkers walking around if all you need is to get bitten to turn? All these Walkers still have everything intact (to a certain extent). I guess they tried to fight off Walkers, got bit in the process? But that still doesn't make sense since these Walkers go straight for fresh bodies (human or animal) and it takes a good minute or two to reanimate. I don't know, I guess I'm just nit-picking.

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
Posted Image

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Great episode. Liked Shane getting offed. It was inevitable. My only gripe with this series and other zombie stories is that eventually the zombies will rot and fall apart. Especially if they're moving around like they do. The only explanation is that there are waves of fresh zombies being made in spurts. Where the hell did that swarm come from? The marauder camp?

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
Thank god that's over with....and we're looking at a sweet zombie mega-battle coming up. I know it's not where it would ever go, but i kinda wished the writers would have had the stones to kill Rick instead.

For now though, i want the survivors off the farm and back on the run. I've wanted that since the second episode on the farm.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
All the walkers were unusually slow tonight. I hate that inconsistency.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,219 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT
If Lorie loses the baby, it's going to turn and eat her from the inside out

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts
Mediocre finale. Not really pumped for next season as much as I was say, 2 episodes ago...

I don't like how this group can some how get into cars and nail headshots driving 50 MPH constantly. THAT i didn't like

apparently the person with the 2 zombies chained to them is a fan favorite character in the comics and the thing in the distance at the end was "the prison", which is another main location in the comics. hopefully, next season will be much better.

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Big Daddy

Big Daddy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Your Mom
  • Supports:USA, NYRB, Millonarios, Celtic, LFC

apparently the person with the 2 zombies chained to them is a fan favorite character in the comics and the thing in the distance at the end was "the prison", which is another main location in the comics. hopefully, next season will be much better.

This is true and you should all go and read the comic... it is WAAAYYYY better then this TV series.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

"JonnyG"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
Season 3 will premiere on October 14:

Is it me or does this look 100x's better than last season?

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Season 3 will premiere on October 14:

Is it me or does this look 100x's better than last season?

That looks awesome!

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts
Two episodes in, so far pretty decent. Nothing spectacular. I was worried that they would use the cellmates for half a dozen+ episodes as a side story but luckily Rick grew a pair.

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users